Windows 10: User Accounts not showing, Showing only other users

Discus and support User Accounts not showing, Showing only other users in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; i updated my lap with windows 10 update assistant after updated it restarted and it showing only other users while trying my user name and password... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Prajith Shriman, Dec 29, 2018.

1. User Accounts not showing, Showing only other users

i updated my lap with windows 10 update assistant

after updated it restarted and it showing only other users

while trying my user name and password it shows invalid user name and password

User Accounts not showing, Showing only other users [​IMG]User Accounts not showing, Showing only other users [​IMG]User Accounts not showing, Showing only other users [​IMG]Please respond me with a possible solution as soon as possible

User Accounts not showing, Showing only other users [​IMG]User Accounts not showing, Showing only other users [​IMG]User Accounts not showing, Showing only other users [​IMG]

:)

Prajith Shriman, Dec 29, 2018

2. Deleting second user account that isn't showing in User Accounts

Thanks, but I’m confused by your second paragraph explanation. The list shows an Administrator account and an account labeled Sam and Sam Jones, the latter apparently being the account showing as the Administrator account on the User Accounts page. What is the difference? And where might the Sam account that also shows up on the login screen at start up, i.e. the point of this thread, be?

highstream, Dec 29, 2018
  3. User Account

Hi Barry,

We cannot use a standard (local) account to change the account type to administrator. We can only use an existing administrator account to do this.

We suggest following these steps on how to change the account type to administrator using the existing administrator account:

• Press Windows key + X on your keyboard, then click on
      Control Panel
    • Choose User Accounts, and then select User Accounts again.
    • Under Make changes to your user account, click on Manage User Accounts. (It will show all user accounts and administrator account on the computer.)
    • Sign out and log on with any administrator account.
    • Go back to Control Panel/User Accounts.
    • Click on Manage User Accounts and then select the standard account you wish to change.
    • Select the Change Account Type option.
    • Select the Administrator option to change the account and click the
      Change Account Type button.

Get back to us if you have other concern.

Gerard Qui, Dec 29, 2018
  4. User Accounts not showing, Showing only other users

User accounts list not showing on startup

At least 1 of the users needs to have a password set up for a user list to be visible. I only have 2 users and if the user without the password is the last one on before shut down, then it goes right into that user automatically on startup but if the user
    with the password is the last one on then the list does show up.

Bruinfanjb, Dec 29, 2018
Thema:

User Accounts not showing, Showing only other users

1. User Accounts not showing, Showing only other users - Similar Threads - User Accounts showing

2. Second or other user accounts not showing at login page.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Second or other user accounts not showing at login page.: I had two user accounts on my windows 11 home, and both were working well but after I upgrade my windows to pro, at startup I see both users but after a restart I don't see the second one but I've access to second user data via explore.In addition to that, I create a new user...
  3. User account not showing

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    User account not showing: So i went to a trip i left my computer off 12 hours later i got home and see the computer is in another user i used what this thread said but it doesnt just show up...
  4. User accounts not showing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    User accounts not showing: HiI was working with my computer and I recently installed a program called "Paragon disk manager" for backup. Then I discovered it has a option called "MFT defragment". So I just clicked it and after a restart, when I was about to login into my desktop, there was no password...
  5. User accounts not showing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    User accounts not showing: HiI was working with my computer and I recently installed a program called "Paragon disk manager" for backup. Then I discovered it has a option called "MFT defragment". So I just clicked it and after a restart, when I was about to login into my desktop, there was no password...
  6. User accounts not showing

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
  7. login defaults to other user only, no other users show

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    login defaults to other user only, no other users show: My W10 keeps defaulting to other user when there is none, and no way to get back to my login. Admin was set up by someone else, so don't have that. have always logged in w me as user. When I go to repair, i see my user name so i know it's out there somewhere....
  8. List of users not showing at startup *and* login as other user also not showing

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    List of users not showing at startup *and* login as other user also not showing: Here is my startup screen - as you can see it only allows the last user to Login. There is no way for any other users to login - they aren't listed and there isn't an option to login as another user. This used to work - I'm afraid I can't say exactly when it stopped - a few...
  9. Windows 10 laptop shows only "Other User"

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Windows 10 laptop shows only "Other User": So, I decided to reset my laptop entirely since I had plans to sell it but after I redownload Windows 10 the screen doesn't show up in HD, bootup takes 30 minutes and the only account that shows up is "Other User" with a blank username and password field. I tried getting to...
  10. Other User is the only account

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Other User is the only account: Hi, its no great loss, I backed everything up. but my PC, I was using for basic testing and web stuff, is now not letting me in, I did the free upgrade, all good. decided, what the hell, lets reset the lot. (using the delete everything option) Windows 10 boots fine, but...