Windows 10: User Accounts not showing, Showing only other users

Discus and support User Accounts not showing, Showing only other users in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; i updated my lap with windows 10 update assistant after updated it restarted and it showing only other users while trying my user name and password... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Prajith Shriman, Dec 29, 2018.

1. User Accounts not showing, Showing only other users

i updated my lap with windows 10 update assistant

after updated it restarted and it showing only other users

while trying my user name and password it shows invalid user name and password

User Accounts not showing, Showing only other users [​IMG]User Accounts not showing, Showing only other users [​IMG]User Accounts not showing, Showing only other users [​IMG]Please respond me with a possible solution as soon as possible

User Accounts not showing, Showing only other users [​IMG]User Accounts not showing, Showing only other users [​IMG]User Accounts not showing, Showing only other users [​IMG]

:)

Prajith Shriman, Dec 29, 2018

2. Deleting second user account that isn't showing in User Accounts

Thanks, but I’m confused by your second paragraph explanation. The list shows an Administrator account and an account labeled Sam and Sam Jones, the latter apparently being the account showing as the Administrator account on the User Accounts page. What is the difference? And where might the Sam account that also shows up on the login screen at start up, i.e. the point of this thread, be?

highstream, Dec 29, 2018
  3. User Account

Hi Barry,

We cannot use a standard (local) account to change the account type to administrator. We can only use an existing administrator account to do this.

We suggest following these steps on how to change the account type to administrator using the existing administrator account:

• Press Windows key + X on your keyboard, then click on
      Control Panel
    • Choose User Accounts, and then select User Accounts again.
    • Under Make changes to your user account, click on Manage User Accounts. (It will show all user accounts and administrator account on the computer.)
    • Sign out and log on with any administrator account.
    • Go back to Control Panel/User Accounts.
    • Click on Manage User Accounts and then select the standard account you wish to change.
    • Select the Change Account Type option.
    • Select the Administrator option to change the account and click the
      Change Account Type button.

Get back to us if you have other concern.

Gerard Qui, Dec 29, 2018
  4. User Accounts not showing, Showing only other users

User accounts list not showing on startup

At least 1 of the users needs to have a password set up for a user list to be visible. I only have 2 users and if the user without the password is the last one on before shut down, then it goes right into that user automatically on startup but if the user
    with the password is the last one on then the list does show up.

Bruinfanjb, Dec 29, 2018
Thema:

User Accounts not showing, Showing only other users

1. User Accounts not showing, Showing only other users - Similar Threads - User Accounts showing

2. after windows update, the startup screen only shows other user

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    after windows update, the startup screen only shows other user: I was having issues with getting my computer to update, but I was able to update it after someone from Geek Squad was able to fix it. However, after my computer restarted after the update was installed, none of my user information will show and only “Other User” shows up. How...
  3. Login screen shows always last user and "other user"

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Login screen shows always last user and "other user": I have two accouts (one domain account, one local account ) on my laptop with Windows 10 pro, Version 1803. The login screen always shows the last user and not the second possible user for choice but "other user". Is it possible to show both, the domain account and the local...
  4. Family & friends not showing user account

Family & friends not showing user account: For some unknown reason, family and friends are not showing under user account [img] Although the image says "administrator" it's actually my email address that's showing 122729
  5. List of users not showing at startup *and* login as other user also not showing

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    List of users not showing at startup *and* login as other user also not showing: Here is my startup screen - as you can see it only allows the last user to Login. There is no way for any other users to login - they aren't listed and there isn't an option to login as another user. This used to work - I'm afraid I can't say exactly when it stopped - a few...
  6. Windows 10 laptop shows only "Other User"

Windows 10 laptop shows only "Other User": So, I decided to reset my laptop entirely since I had plans to sell it but after I redownload Windows 10 the screen doesn't show up in HD, bootup takes 30 minutes and the only account that shows up is "Other User" with a blank username and password field. I tried getting to...
  7. Unidentified user accounts showing up

Unidentified user accounts showing up: Hi, Recently I noticed, that there are some new user account on my win10. Unfortunately it wasn't me who creadted them. [img] (My win10 is using hungarian language, this image was taken in the start menu account submenu) At first I deleted them, but they keep coming...
  8. Other User is the only account

Other User is the only account: Hi, its no great loss, I backed everything up. but my PC, I was using for basic testing and web stuff, is now not letting me in, I did the free upgrade, all good. decided, what the hell, lets reset the lot. (using the delete everything option) Windows 10 boots fine, but...
  9. Deleting second user account that isn't showing in User Accounts

Deleting second user account that isn't showing in User Accounts: Win 10 Pro 1607, single user desktop PC. Yesterday, I changed the password on my Windows account. After that, when I booted, Windows prompted me for a password. The thing is, though, that it showed two accounts, let's call them Sam and Sam Jones. Sam Jones is the...
  10. Logon Screen shows 2 users but there is only 1 user

in Windows 10 Support
    Logon Screen shows 2 users but there is only 1 user: On a friends laptop which was given to him, on the startup/logon screen he sees 2 names. His own and the previous owner. He said he deleted the user account for the previous owner and if I go to users, it only shows him as the sole user as administrator. If I use the...