Windows 10: User Accounts shows me with a Local Account. How do I sign in with my Microsoft @outlook...

Discus and support User Accounts shows me with a Local Account. How do I sign in with my Microsoft @outlook... in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hello In Control Panel I am shown in User Accounts as having a Local Account, but I want to sign in with my Microsoft @outlook Account. However, in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by DaveJB, Nov 20, 2020.

1. DaveJB Win User

User Accounts shows me with a Local Account. How do I sign in with my Microsoft @outlook...

Hello

In Control Panel I am shown in User Accounts as having a Local Account, but I want to sign in with my Microsoft @outlook Account. However, in the Accounts my @outlook Account is showing normally.

This was in place until recently and my User Account in Control Panel showed me with my @outlook email address as the Adminstrator.

Somehow this has changed to a Local Account and I cannot see a way to change back to Microsoft Account entry.

I will be grateful for your advice.

My thanks and good wishes, DaveJB.

:)

DaveJB, Nov 20, 2020
  2. Kari Win User

Local Acct user and MS account user - sync them or merge them

If the local account is the one where you have most of your personal data, this is how I would do it:

• Sign in to your Microsoft account
    • Copy all documents, pictures and other personal data from Microsoft account's user folders to corresponding folders in user Public (contents of MS account Documents folder to Public Documents folder and so on)
    • Sign out from Microsoft account
    Notice that above steps are only required if Microsoft account user folders contain data you want to keep. If its user folders are empty or do not contain anything worth saving, you can skip the above steps. Continue from below.

• Sign in to the local account
    • Delete the Microsoft account (Option One in this tutorial)
    • Switch your local account to a Microsoft account (tutorial)
    • Copy the data backed up from old Microsoft account to Public folders to new Microsoft account in corresponding folders

That's it. Using the Public folders as temporary storage you will have none whatsoever file owner / permission issues later on.

3. Mindweaver, Nov 20, 2020
  4. alvez Win User

User Accounts shows me with a Local Account. How do I sign in with my Microsoft @outlook...

outlook account config

SO today my friend asked me if i could post this question on the forum:

He wants to configure a outlook account with 1 email, with that outlook account he wants to run the same account in 2 diferent computers he wants the both computer to be connected in network, for example:

• he receives a email and that email is sent to each computer;
    • he deletes a email from one computer and it also deletes on the other;
    • he moves a email to a folder it also moves on the other computer;
    If you guys can help me would be nice!
    User Accounts shows me with a Local Account. How do I sign in with my Microsoft @outlook... [​IMG]
    thanks!

alvez, Nov 20, 2020
Thema:

1. User Accounts shows me with a Local Account. How do I sign in with my Microsoft @outlook... - Similar Threads - User Accounts shows

2. how do i sign out of local pc account back into microsoft account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how do i sign out of local pc account back into microsoft account: I added a local user account to my pc and doing this removed my user account from the computer. the added user is now administrator and I can not switch out of her user account...
  3. how do i sign out of local pc account back into microsoft account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how do i sign out of local pc account back into microsoft account: I added a local user account to my pc and doing this removed my user account from the computer. the added user is now administrator and I can not switch out of her user account...
  4. how do i sign out of local pc account back into microsoft account

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Sign in with local account or Microsoft Account

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Sign in with local account or Microsoft Account: What are the advantages of signing into my Win 10 PC using a Microsoft account versus I have been using a local account. What do I gain by using the Microsoft account?...
  6. Can I sign in with a Microsoft account and keep my local account?

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Can I sign in with a Microsoft account and keep my local account?: Or will it at least let me merge the two/keep my settings and files from my local account? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-i-sign-in-with-a-microsoft-account-and-keep-my/5303135f-073a-4f4d-91ed-5f4deb347fd2
  7. How do I change my Microsoft Account into a Local Account

How do I change my Microsoft Account into a Local Account: When I first set up my computer I made a Windows account but I logged in using my Microsoft Account instead of making a local user account. I was wondering if there is anyway to change it to a local account after making the account, without loosing your data....
  8. Microsoft Account Sign in or Local Account Sign in?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Microsoft Account Sign in or Local Account Sign in?: Hi all, Im curious and interested to know how the rest of Tenforums members sign in to their laptops/PC's? In my case I only have one device with Windows 10..and thats my laptop. My only other device is a Smartphone which is Android. Im always trying to decide which is the...
  9. Microsoft Account Sign in or Local Account Sign in?

in Windows 10 Support
    Microsoft Account Sign in or Local Account Sign in?: Hi all, Im curious and interested to know how the rest of Tenforums members sign in to their laptops/PC's? In my case I only have one device with Windows 10..and thats my laptop. My only other device is a Smartphone which is Android. Im always trying to decide which is the...
  10. How do I disassociate a microsoft account from a local user account?

How do I disassociate a microsoft account from a local user account?: While using my parents computer I logged in to the Feedback Hub app using the credentials for my Microsoft account. Now my account has been automatically linked with my parents local user profile. Our desktop wallpaper and other details are now being synced. I cannot see...