Windows 10: User accounts

Discus and support User accounts in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; Hello all. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Here's my situation, when i start up my Toshiba laptop and the lock screen shows up, it starts with... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by sstewart2967, Oct 3, 2018.

1. User accounts

Hello all. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Here's my situation, when i start up my Toshiba laptop and the lock screen shows up, it starts with a user name "sam" (which is my name) and asks for a password to which i dont know because i didnt create it. I HAD a user account which i knew the credentials but decided to delete it. So...now when i get out of log in screen i have the option to log in the Administrator account. I HAVE to log in as the Admin to even get into my laptop.
    Once logged in, i try to find that user account and delete it so i can create a new one. Problem is...."sam" is nowhere to be found. I hope I'm explaining it correctly . I'll try to provide a screenshot if i can

:)

sstewart2967, Oct 3, 2018
  2. Vesao Win User

Remove account

I suggest you backup your personalized files first before removing the account.
    To delete an account, follow these steps:
    1. Press WIN + X keys and click Command Prompt (Admin) from the menu.
    2. Type the following command and press Enter. Replace test with the name of your sister's account. Code:
      Code:
      net user test /del

Vesao, Oct 3, 2018
  3. Arul_D Win User
    I can't rename my user account

Hello Owen,

Welcome to the Microsoft Community.

• Are you using a Microsoft account or local account?
    If you are using local account, I suggest you to follow the below steps to change the user name.

Please follow the steps to rename the user account in Windows 10.

a. In the search box, type user accounts and click on User Accounts.

b. Click on “Change your account name”

c. If it’s prompting for password please enter and click on Yes. If you do not have password click on Yes.

d. Enter the new user name.

e. Click on change name.

If you face any more issues while working with Windows do post on Microsoft Community Forum.

Arul_D, Oct 3, 2018
  4. User accounts

Problem with user accounts.

Hi Shubham,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Community. I understand the inconvenience you are facing. I will certainly help you with this.

I suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.

Step 1: Initially, I suggest you to run the Microsoft account troubleshooter.

Microsoft Account Troubleshooter

http://download.microsoft.com/downl...B-A23B-5C3A6B5974E3/microsoftaccounts.diagcab

Step 2:

Now try to switch from Microsoft account to Local account and check.

Refer to these steps to convert Microsoft account into Local User account:

• Click on Windows button, then click on
      Settings.

• Click on Accounts then click on
      Your account

• Click on Sign in with a local account instead.

• Following the Online instructions.
    Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with Windows. We are glad to assist you.

Thank you.

ThofikhAhamad, Oct 3, 2018
Thema:

User accounts

1. User accounts - Similar Threads - User accounts

2. Administrator account keeps disappearing after regular user logs off

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Administrator account keeps disappearing after regular user logs off: Hi, Win10 v1903 build 18362.295. I have a regular user configured and the default administrator account. Every time the regular user is done and shuts down the computer, the administrator account is missing on startup at the Windows login prompt - the only option is to log...
  3. Cannot access User Account control settings in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Cannot access User Account control settings in Windows 10: I did the following in my laptop running Windows 10 home. 1. I was not able to download a software to the Program Files folder because access was denied due to "you don't have permission..." (I could download to a folder whose name is the same as the account that was...
  4. How to change the name of a standard user account?

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    How to change the name of a standard user account?: Please advise how to change the name of a Standard User Account in Windows 10. Thanks. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-change-the-name-of-a-standard-user-account/7d04fa11-d9c0-4f4a-afab-c36a71717fd2
  5. Types of sign in accounts... administrator or regular user??

in Windows 10 Customization
    Types of sign in accounts... administrator or regular user??: When I set up my new Pavilion desktop, I set up my profile account using my Gmail/ Microsoft account as an ADMINISTRATOR. When I try to access my Quicken account, I get a message that Quicken does not allow administrators to access accounts! So, I suppose I have to set up...
  6. User Account Control issue

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    User Account Control issue: I used to be asked to authenticate(by password, PIN or Windows Hello) an action requiring admin rights eventhough I was logged in with administrator account but after some change to registry, I am not being asked to authenticate such admin level actions like installing a new...
  7. user accounts missing from logon screen

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    user accounts missing from logon screen: I have several user accounts on my laptop but after updating recently only about half of them now appear on my logon screen.The accounts still show in the users folder and are in the NETUSER list but they don't show in NETPLWIZ box.I have seen articles that suggest this can...
  8. Restictions on user account affecting admin account

in Windows 10 Customization
    Restictions on user account affecting admin account: I have a user account for school and a separate admin account for home, and restrictions on my school account are on my admin account. I don't have the school account connected to my home account. Is it possible to stop this?...
  9. User account no longer accessible from login page

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    User account no longer accessible from login page: On my PC, I have two User accounts, one has administrator entitlements (call it Admin) and one does not (call it NotAdmin). I cannot access the Admin account from the login page anymore but NotAdmin still works fine. I have done nothing new or out of the ordinary, just...
  10. BSOD when switching user accounts

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD when switching user accounts: I get a BSOD stating dxgmms2.sys failed when switching from one user account to another if I try to play a video. This occurs when the video starts in many apps, including Netflix, Hulu, Edge, etc. This only happens if another user is signed in and we switch users. It does...