Windows 10: User accounts

Discus and support User accounts in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; When I switch user, instead of going to a screen to select another user it reverts to my screen. My partner is unable to log in with out closing down... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by gerrysen, Aug 22, 2015.

1. gerrysen Win User

User accounts

When I switch user, instead of going to a screen to select another user it reverts to my screen. My partner is unable to log in with out closing down windows and restarting.

:)

gerrysen, Aug 22, 2015
  2. Jessen P Win User

All accounts guest accounts, no user admin

Hi Nimita,

Thank you for being part of Windows 10.

Enable the hidden Administrator Account and
    try creating user account and check.

You need to run the command from an elevated command prompt.

To do that you need to do the following:

a) Press
    Windows key + X on the keyboard.

b) Click on ‘Command Prompt (Admin) to bring up elevated command prompt. Note: Click ‘Yes’ if it prompts
    for permission.

c) Enter the following command to enable the hidden administrator account:

net user administrator /active:yes

Now create a new user account and make this account as an administrator.

Create a user account

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-IN/windows-8/create-user-account

Note: This also applies to Windows 10

Once you are done creating a new user account disable hidden Administrator Account.

To do that you need to do the following:

a) Press
    Windows key + X on the keyboard.

b) Click on ‘Command Prompt (Admin) to bring up elevated command prompt. Note: Click ‘Yes’ if it prompts
    for permission.

c) To disable the account follow the same instructions, but run the following command instead:
    net user administrator /active:no

If you have any more suggestions/queries related to Windows feel free to post. We will be happy to help you.

Jessen P, Aug 22, 2015
  3. All accounts guest accounts, no user admin

Accidentally i deleted my User admin account. Now i can login only as a guest account my laptop. How to make my this guest account new admin. Please help me

nimitaggarwal, Aug 22, 2015
Thema:

User accounts

1. User accounts - Similar Threads - User accounts

2. Second local user account is turning on on boot and using my computer's resources

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Second local user account is turning on on boot and using my computer's resources: Good morning,I have two local accounts with administrator rights created on my computer.The first one - belongs to me - let's call it Account XThe second one of my brother's - let's call it Account YWhen I open account X and log into it, everything is fine and the task...
  3. Second local user account is turning on on boot and using my computer's resources

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Second local user account is turning on on boot and using my computer's resources: Good morning,I have two local accounts with administrator rights created on my computer.The first one - belongs to me - let's call it Account XThe second one of my brother's - let's call it Account YWhen I open account X and log into it, everything is fine and the task...
  4. Local account user denied

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Local account user denied: Please, I am trying to run programs on my laptop , windows 11. But acess is denied with the * yes* button disappearing. I have tried all means but with safe mode prompt command but the * yes* button does not appear. Please help me out...
  5. Local account user denied

Local account user denied: Please, I am trying to run programs on my laptop , windows 11. But acess is denied with the * yes* button disappearing. I have tried all means but with safe mode prompt command but the * yes* button does not appear. Please help me out...
  6. I have a user having issue in taskbar generic account icon is showing in windows 11, I have...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I have a user having issue in taskbar generic account icon is showing in windows 11, I have...: Hi Team,I have a user having issue in taskbar generic account icon is showing in windows 11, I have already tried the troubleshooting mention here where as there is no resolution yet, Please guide.Thanks & Regards,Debalina Das...
  7. I have a user having issue in taskbar generic account icon is showing in windows 11, I have...

I have a user having issue in taskbar generic account icon is showing in windows 11, I have...: Hi Team,I have a user having issue in taskbar generic account icon is showing in windows 11, I have already tried the troubleshooting mention here where as there is no resolution yet, Please guide.Thanks & Regards,Debalina Das...
  8. I have a user having issue in taskbar generic account icon is showing in windows 11, I have...

in Windows 10 Customization
  9. I can not log into my user account profile

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can not log into my user account profile: I have to accounts profiles on my laptop, the first one wich is mine is an administrator account, and the second one is standard, two days ago I open my laptop and I coudn't find my account to click on and log in, as if it desappeared, the only account appearing is the other...
  10. I can not log into my user account profile

I can not log into my user account profile: I have to accounts profiles on my laptop, the first one wich is mine is an administrator account, and the second one is standard, two days ago I open my laptop and I coudn't find my account to click on and log in, as if it desappeared, the only account appearing is the other...