Windows 10: User Accounts

Discus and support User Accounts in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; What does User accounts have to do with Windows Spotlight working correctly or not?... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by Thomas Lawson 53, Feb 3, 2019.

1. User Accounts

What does User accounts have to do with Windows Spotlight working correctly or not?

:)

Thomas Lawson 53, Feb 3, 2019
  2. Vesao Win User

Remove account

I suggest you backup your personalized files first before removing the account.
    To delete an account, follow these steps:
    1. Press WIN + X keys and click Command Prompt (Admin) from the menu.
    2. Type the following command and press Enter. Replace test with the name of your sister's account. Code:
      Code:
      net user test /del

Vesao, Feb 3, 2019
  3. Arul_D Win User
    I can't rename my user account

Hello Owen,

Welcome to the Microsoft Community.

• Are you using a Microsoft account or local account?
    If you are using local account, I suggest you to follow the below steps to change the user name.

Please follow the steps to rename the user account in Windows 10.

a. In the search box, type user accounts and click on User Accounts.

b. Click on “Change your account name”

c. If it’s prompting for password please enter and click on Yes. If you do not have password click on Yes.

d. Enter the new user name.

e. Click on change name.

If you face any more issues while working with Windows do post on Microsoft Community Forum.

Arul_D, Feb 3, 2019
  4. User Accounts

Problem with user accounts.

Hi Shubham,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Community. I understand the inconvenience you are facing. I will certainly help you with this.

I suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.

Step 1: Initially, I suggest you to run the Microsoft account troubleshooter.

Microsoft Account Troubleshooter

http://download.microsoft.com/downl...B-A23B-5C3A6B5974E3/microsoftaccounts.diagcab

Step 2:

Now try to switch from Microsoft account to Local account and check.

Refer to these steps to convert Microsoft account into Local User account:

• Click on Windows button, then click on
      Settings.

• Click on Accounts then click on
      Your account

• Click on Sign in with a local account instead.

• Following the Online instructions.
    Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with Windows. We are glad to assist you.

Thank you.

ThofikhAhamad, Feb 3, 2019
Thema:

User Accounts

1. User Accounts - Similar Threads - User Accounts

2. Cannot switch my windows account from a microsoft account to a local user.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Cannot switch my windows account from a microsoft account to a local user.: Hello, I have setup a work station at my work and right now it is under my personal microsoft account I want to switch it over to a local administrator account. However I cannot sign in as a local user no matter what I try there is no option to sign in as a local user I can...
  3. AIP: Selected user account does not exist in tenant...

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    AIP: Selected user account does not exist in tenant...: I am getting this error when I open an office document. Selected user account does not exist in tenant '*****' and cannot access the application 'c00e9*******7db99' in that tenant. The account needs to be added as an external user in the tenant first. Please use a different...
  4. Why does Windows use so much more ram than my user account uses

in Windows 10 Support
    Why does Windows use so much more ram than my user account uses: [img] [img] Although i have heard that the default task manager can be unreliable, why does windows use so much more ram than what it says my account it using? I'm fine with it being used but I just wanted to know what it is being use by? 140641
  5. Windows 10 has lost my user account after up date.

Windows 10 has lost my user account after up date.: Hi After restarting from an up date a good few weeks ago. I couldn't sign in to my account with my normal password and after a few attempts it seem to suddenly set up and a new account/user. How can i get my original account back. I now have to go into my Pc, C drive ,...
  6. Unable to perform admin tasks after converting Admin account to Standard user

Unable to perform admin tasks after converting Admin account to Standard user: There are two administrators of which I am the owner of my pc and ICT service is the other. I've just changed my status to standard user and therefore cannot have access to do anything like installing a software or make changes as usual. When I tried to install a software,...
  7. Windows 10 themes changing for all user accounts

Windows 10 themes changing for all user accounts: My husband and I each have our separate user accounts on the same computer. We have different themes because we have different preferences. Mine is pretty simple and his is high contrast. Whenever one of us signs out and the other signs in, the display settings carry over to...
  8. Change user account back to true full admin?

Change user account back to true full admin?: Apparently update 1903 has made more changes than I knew. I use a personal windows 10 account on my aging home laptop that I've had set to be THE admin since it was brand new. I'm the only one who uses the machine, and I'm a career long programmer but haven't done much with...
  9. user account control settings

user account control settings: how we change user account control settings https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/user-account-control-settings/f2945ddc-6104-440f-9aed-897b92ac34fb
  10. System unresponsive during audit of user accounts in Credential Manager

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    System unresponsive during audit of user accounts in Credential Manager: I'm regularly experiencing performance issues whenever a series of Audit Success entries are generated in the Security log in Event Viewer. These all relate to "Microsoft Windows security auditing" & can now run for 3-4 minutes. During this time if I try typing there will be...