Windows 10: User Accounts

Discus and support User Accounts in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; What does User accounts have to do with Windows Spotlight working correctly or not?... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by Thomas Lawson 53, Feb 3, 2019.

1. User Accounts

What does User accounts have to do with Windows Spotlight working correctly or not?

:)

Thomas Lawson 53, Feb 3, 2019
  2. Vesao Win User

Remove account

I suggest you backup your personalized files first before removing the account.
    To delete an account, follow these steps:
    1. Press WIN + X keys and click Command Prompt (Admin) from the menu.
    2. Type the following command and press Enter. Replace test with the name of your sister's account. Code:
      Code:
      net user test /del

Vesao, Feb 3, 2019
  3. Arul_D Win User
    I can't rename my user account

Hello Owen,

Welcome to the Microsoft Community.

• Are you using a Microsoft account or local account?
    If you are using local account, I suggest you to follow the below steps to change the user name.

Please follow the steps to rename the user account in Windows 10.

a. In the search box, type user accounts and click on User Accounts.

b. Click on “Change your account name”

c. If it’s prompting for password please enter and click on Yes. If you do not have password click on Yes.

d. Enter the new user name.

e. Click on change name.

If you face any more issues while working with Windows do post on Microsoft Community Forum.

Arul_D, Feb 3, 2019
  4. User Accounts

Problem with user accounts.

Hi Shubham,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Community. I understand the inconvenience you are facing. I will certainly help you with this.

I suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.

Step 1: Initially, I suggest you to run the Microsoft account troubleshooter.

Microsoft Account Troubleshooter

http://download.microsoft.com/downl...B-A23B-5C3A6B5974E3/microsoftaccounts.diagcab

Step 2:

Now try to switch from Microsoft account to Local account and check.

Refer to these steps to convert Microsoft account into Local User account:

• Click on Windows button, then click on
      Settings.

• Click on Accounts then click on
      Your account

• Click on Sign in with a local account instead.

• Following the Online instructions.
    Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with Windows. We are glad to assist you.

Thank you.

ThofikhAhamad, Feb 3, 2019
Thema:

User Accounts

1. User Accounts - Similar Threads - User Accounts

2. how do I find the other user account on my PC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how do I find the other user account on my PC: I have a new business optiplex computer that is set up for work. I created a new user for personal use with a separate Microsoft account and when I logged in to the personal user account the main work user disappeared. I was unable to get the user to show up on the home...
  3. how do I find the other user account on my PC

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how do I find the other user account on my PC: I have a new business optiplex computer that is set up for work. I created a new user for personal use with a separate Microsoft account and when I logged in to the personal user account the main work user disappeared. I was unable to get the user to show up on the home...
  4. How can declutter User Accounts which are not used now?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can declutter User Accounts which are not used now?: Over the years, I have accumulated several unnecessary and unused user accounts. I would like to delete them. Could anyone assist me, please?...
  5. How can declutter User Accounts which are not used now?

How can declutter User Accounts which are not used now?: Over the years, I have accumulated several unnecessary and unused user accounts. I would like to delete them. Could anyone assist me, please?...
  6. How can declutter User Accounts which are not used now?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  7. The "add account" button in the Accounts->Other Users windows settings not doing anything...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The "add account" button in the Accounts->Other Users windows settings not doing anything...: If I click on the button located in "other users" in the windows setting, a white pop up appears which just immediately crashes without giving me any information....
  8. The "add account" button in the Accounts->Other Users windows settings not doing anything...

The "add account" button in the Accounts->Other Users windows settings not doing anything...: If I click on the button located in "other users" in the windows setting, a white pop up appears which just immediately crashes without giving me any information....
  9. IIS > Physical Path Identifier issue while adding a user account from ACTIVEDIRECTORY...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    IIS > Physical Path Identifier issue while adding a user account from ACTIVEDIRECTORY...: Hello,I got some issues using IIS. I've done a password reinitialisation of my standard ACTIVEDIRECTORY account by using this tool : https://account.activedirectory.windowsazure.com/ChangePassword.aspxI restarted my machine, the new password in working well i could log to my...
  10. IIS > Physical Path Identifier issue while adding a user account from ACTIVEDIRECTORY...

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    IIS > Physical Path Identifier issue while adding a user account from ACTIVEDIRECTORY...: Hello,I got some issues using IIS. I've done a password reinitialisation of my standard ACTIVEDIRECTORY account by using this tool : https://account.activedirectory.windowsazure.com/ChangePassword.aspxI restarted my machine, the new password in working well i could log to my...