Windows 10: User Accounts

Discus and support User Accounts in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I am transferring from one computer to another and I can't seem to get Windows to find my user account when I turn on the computer. This computer used... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Scooter8534, Oct 26, 2021.

1. User Accounts

I am transferring from one computer to another and I can't seem to get Windows to find my user account when I turn on the computer. This computer used to belong to my wife. I have added the user account files from the old computer to this one. I have gone into Settings and added my email account and my Microsoft account. Still not finding me when I start the computer or when I try to go to Start and click on my wife's login. I am still not being found there either. My wife is administrator on this computer and I have her password. What am I missing?Scooter8534

:)

Scooter8534, Oct 26, 2021
  2. Vesao Win User

Remove account

I suggest you backup your personalized files first before removing the account.
    To delete an account, follow these steps:
    1. Press WIN + X keys and click Command Prompt (Admin) from the menu.
    2. Type the following command and press Enter. Replace test with the name of your sister's account. Code:

Vesao, Oct 26, 2021
  3. Arul_D Win User
    I can't rename my user account

Hello Owen,

Welcome to the Microsoft Community.

• Are you using a Microsoft account or local account?
    If you are using local account, I suggest you to follow the below steps to change the user name.

Please follow the steps to rename the user account in Windows 10.

a. In the search box, type user accounts and click on User Accounts.

b. Click on “Change your account name”

c. If it’s prompting for password please enter and click on Yes. If you do not have password click on Yes.

d. Enter the new user name.

e. Click on change name.

If you face any more issues while working with Windows do post on Microsoft Community Forum.

Arul_D, Oct 26, 2021
  4. User Accounts

removing user account

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

I would suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps.

• Press Windows + X keys, select Control Panel.
    • Select User accounts.
    • Select Manage other accounts.
    • Double click on the account you want to delete and select
      Delete the account.
    • Follow the instructions and check if it helps.
    Keep us posted to help you better.

Sachin Venkatesh, Oct 26, 2021
Thema:

User Accounts

1. User Accounts - Similar Threads - User Accounts

2. I accidentally one day converted my both the user accounts in my laptop from administrator...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I accidentally one day converted my both the user accounts in my laptop from administrator...: I accidentally one day converted my both the user account in my laptop from administrator account to standard account. And now lost the administrator rights. Not able to download any software or make changes to the account. I have 2 user account in my laptop both are standard...
  3. I accidentally one day converted my both the user accounts in my laptop from administrator...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I accidentally one day converted my both the user accounts in my laptop from administrator...: I accidentally one day converted my both the user account in my laptop from administrator account to standard account. And now lost the administrator rights. Not able to download any software or make changes to the account. I have 2 user account in my laptop both are standard...
  4. User accounts- cannot see them or log into them

in Windows 10 Gaming
    User accounts- cannot see them or log into them: Hi a couple of weeks back my computer stopped showing the other user accounts at both start up and the windows menu area so we cannot login to other users. I have tried deleting and redoing the accounts for other users but they still cannot see or access their accounts- all...
  5. User accounts- cannot see them or log into them

User accounts- cannot see them or log into them: Hi a couple of weeks back my computer stopped showing the other user accounts at both start up and the windows menu area so we cannot login to other users. I have tried deleting and redoing the accounts for other users but they still cannot see or access their accounts- all...
  6. user account does not have permission to view task history

in Windows 10 Gaming
    user account does not have permission to view task history: 3 days ago I enabled task history in Scheduled Tasks console, then run some tasks like ProactiveScan in \microsoft\windows\chkdsk folder. All remotely and via "runas" admin btw my W10 is pro & workgroup. When I click their History tab actually any task that have run after I...
  7. user account does not have permission to view task history

user account does not have permission to view task history: 3 days ago I enabled task history in Scheduled Tasks console, then run some tasks like ProactiveScan in \microsoft\windows\chkdsk folder. All remotely and via "runas" admin btw my W10 is pro & workgroup. When I click their History tab actually any task that have run after I...
  8. user account does not have permission to view task history

in Windows 10 Customization
  9. I accidentally one day converted my both the user accounts in my laptop from administrator...

in Windows 10 Gaming
  10. I accidentally one day converted my both the user accounts in my laptop from administrator...