Windows 10: User accounts

Discus and support User accounts in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; When you use the "hostname" command at the command line, does the hostname match your account name as seen in "Manage Accounts"? Because mine doesn't... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by Borad, Jun 17, 2016.

1. Borad Win User

User accounts

When you use the "hostname" command at the command line, does the hostname match your account name as seen in "Manage Accounts"? Because mine doesn't match. The hostname I see at the command line isn't even in the list of accounts. I'm wondering if that's why my password is rejected at the command line when I use the RUNAS command. The password works fine when logging into my computer and when I change it through Settings.

User accounts [​IMG]

:)

Borad, Jun 17, 2016
  2. Jessen P Win User

All accounts guest accounts, no user admin

Hi Nimita,

Thank you for being part of Windows 10.

Enable the hidden Administrator Account and
    try creating user account and check.

You need to run the command from an elevated command prompt.

To do that you need to do the following:

a) Press
    Windows key + X on the keyboard.

b) Click on ‘Command Prompt (Admin) to bring up elevated command prompt. Note: Click ‘Yes’ if it prompts
    for permission.

c) Enter the following command to enable the hidden administrator account:

net user administrator /active:yes

Now create a new user account and make this account as an administrator.

Create a user account

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-IN/windows-8/create-user-account

Note: This also applies to Windows 10

Once you are done creating a new user account disable hidden Administrator Account.

To do that you need to do the following:

a) Press
    Windows key + X on the keyboard.

b) Click on ‘Command Prompt (Admin) to bring up elevated command prompt. Note: Click ‘Yes’ if it prompts
    for permission.

c) To disable the account follow the same instructions, but run the following command instead:
    net user administrator /active:no

If you have any more suggestions/queries related to Windows feel free to post. We will be happy to help you.

Jessen P, Jun 17, 2016
  3. All accounts guest accounts, no user admin

Accidentally i deleted my User admin account. Now i can login only as a guest account my laptop. How to make my this guest account new admin. Please help me

nimitaggarwal, Jun 17, 2016
  4. Mystere Win User

User accounts

The Hostname is the name of the computer, not the name of the user. When you install Windows, it chooses a computer name based on your username. However, once this is set it doesn't change unless you manually change it. This has nothing to do with usernames or passwords.

Mystere, Jun 17, 2016
Thema:

User accounts

1. User accounts - Similar Threads - User accounts

2. transfer digital license to a new hard drive with - local users no MS account

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    transfer digital license to a new hard drive with - local users no MS account: Hi I have 3 computers that were recently upgraded to win 10 from win 7 & 8 via digital license. These pc's were infected with ransomware last week and we are changing hard drives. How does we transfer the license to the new windows install if the clients do not have a...
  3. Does anyone know how to bypas this issue user account password

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Does anyone know how to bypas this issue user account password: I swear this is the biggest dumbest updated issue that has never been a windows problem before since windows 7. I buy my computers used. And yes I made my own ms account but I'm trying to install a program and its asking me for the previous owners pin or password for me to...
  4. User account .000 after upgrade to 1909

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    User account .000 after upgrade to 1909: After upgrading to Windows 10 1909, my account admin was renamed to admin.000 and a new admin user was added. What the heck being polite. How do I get my "stuff" from the .000 into the new account?...
  5. Normal user account doesn't have permission to open program. How can I give it using the...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Normal user account doesn't have permission to open program. How can I give it using the...: submitted by /u/CaptainHunt [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/f41pf9/normal_user_account_doesnt_have_permission_to/
  6. Strange group or user name in my User account

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Strange group or user name in my User account: If I right click a file or folder in `C:\Users\[my user]` and select Security tab, then under Group or user names I find: SYSTEM S-1-5-21-2111192990-xxxxxxxxxx-xxxxxxxxxx-xxxx Administrators [machine]\Administrators What is that alpha-numeric entry I'm only showing some...
  7. Missing Windows 10 user account

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Missing Windows 10 user account: My system administrator user account, which is shown as being active when using the "net user", is NOT listed as a account I can switch or log-on to. In other words, my windows boot-up screen does not list that account, nor does any account setting screen show that user...
  8. Unable to creat user account

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Unable to creat user account: As the Administrator I try to create a new account and I get an error as follows: Local users and groups This snapin may not be used with this version of Windows 10. To manage user accounts for this computer, use the User Accounts tool in the Control Panel. I did get here...
  9. Windows Multiple users snycing on same MS account

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows Multiple users snycing on same MS account: Hello, I searched for a while and didn't find any results .. So my question is: Is it somehow possible to snyc 2 devices seperately with OneDrive Desktop, Documents etc on the same Microsoft account ? My issue is that I don't want all of my settings, desktop etc from my...
  10. Windows 10 User accounts Administrator bug? cant access C drice or reset/format PC

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 User accounts Administrator bug? cant access C drice or reset/format PC: for the first time in my 20 years fixing Computers at a hobby level. I'm stumped how to fix what I've done. PC: i5 7600k asus prime z270-p 16GB DDR4 Ram windows 10 pro ill try keep it short, I created a user profile in windows 10 pro for my wife to use, that is custom to her...