Windows 10: User accounts

Discus and support User accounts in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; When you use the "hostname" command at the command line, does the hostname match your account name as seen in "Manage Accounts"? Because mine doesn't... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by Borad, Jun 17, 2016.

1. Borad Win User

User accounts

When you use the "hostname" command at the command line, does the hostname match your account name as seen in "Manage Accounts"? Because mine doesn't match. The hostname I see at the command line isn't even in the list of accounts. I'm wondering if that's why my password is rejected at the command line when I use the RUNAS command. The password works fine when logging into my computer and when I change it through Settings.

User accounts [​IMG]

:)

Borad, Jun 17, 2016
  2. Jessen P Win User

All accounts guest accounts, no user admin

Hi Nimita,

Thank you for being part of Windows 10.

Enable the hidden Administrator Account and
    try creating user account and check.

You need to run the command from an elevated command prompt.

To do that you need to do the following:

a) Press
    Windows key + X on the keyboard.

b) Click on ‘Command Prompt (Admin) to bring up elevated command prompt. Note: Click ‘Yes’ if it prompts
    for permission.

c) Enter the following command to enable the hidden administrator account:

net user administrator /active:yes

Now create a new user account and make this account as an administrator.

Create a user account

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-IN/windows-8/create-user-account

Note: This also applies to Windows 10

Once you are done creating a new user account disable hidden Administrator Account.

To do that you need to do the following:

a) Press
    Windows key + X on the keyboard.

b) Click on ‘Command Prompt (Admin) to bring up elevated command prompt. Note: Click ‘Yes’ if it prompts
    for permission.

c) To disable the account follow the same instructions, but run the following command instead:
    net user administrator /active:no

If you have any more suggestions/queries related to Windows feel free to post. We will be happy to help you.

Jessen P, Jun 17, 2016
  3. All accounts guest accounts, no user admin

Accidentally i deleted my User admin account. Now i can login only as a guest account my laptop. How to make my this guest account new admin. Please help me

nimitaggarwal, Jun 17, 2016
  4. Mystere Win User

User accounts

The Hostname is the name of the computer, not the name of the user. When you install Windows, it chooses a computer name based on your username. However, once this is set it doesn't change unless you manually change it. This has nothing to do with usernames or passwords.

Mystere, Jun 17, 2016
Thema:

User accounts

1. User accounts - Similar Threads - User accounts

2. User account missing from lock screen, Windows 10 Home

in Windows 10 Gaming
    User account missing from lock screen, Windows 10 Home: So our C drive was getting full and I deleted some apps and things. Then my husband's user profile disappeared from our home lock screen. We use to see both names on the bottom left for each of us to sign in. I thought I accidentally somehow deleted his account but his name...
  3. User account missing from lock screen, Windows 10 Home

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    User account missing from lock screen, Windows 10 Home: So our C drive was getting full and I deleted some apps and things. Then my husband's user profile disappeared from our home lock screen. We use to see both names on the bottom left for each of us to sign in. I thought I accidentally somehow deleted his account but his name...
  4. User account missing from lock screen, Windows 10 Home

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
  5. Kiosk mode causes all user account to be black screen after applying provisioning package...

Kiosk mode causes all user account to be black screen after applying provisioning package...: Not a question but I'm attempting to Answer the previous issue from January. I've been running into the same issue but what ended up working for me was I built the provisioning package using Microsoft Configuration Design from the Microsoft store. I was able to build, test,...
  6. Kiosk mode causes all user account to be black screen after applying provisioning package...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Kiosk mode causes all user account to be black screen after applying provisioning package...: Not a question but I'm attempting to Answer the previous issue from January. I've been running into the same issue but what ended up working for me was I built the provisioning package using Microsoft Configuration Design from the Microsoft store. I was able to build, test,...
  7. User Account Control keeps popping up with only the no option. Cant install anything to PC....

in Windows 10 Gaming
    User Account Control keeps popping up with only the no option. Cant install anything to PC....: User Account Control keeps popping up with only the no option. Cant install anything to PC. Do you want to allow app to make Changes to PC https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/user-account-control-keeps-popping-up-with-only/09a54232-4000-4cd7-bac1-e8dcd2bdc20f
  8. User Account Control keeps popping up with only the no option. Cant install anything to PC....

User Account Control keeps popping up with only the no option. Cant install anything to PC....: User Account Control keeps popping up with only the no option. Cant install anything to PC. Do you want to allow app to make Changes to PC https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/user-account-control-keeps-popping-up-with-only/09a54232-4000-4cd7-bac1-e8dcd2bdc20f
  9. User Account Control keeps popping up with only the no option. Cant install anything to PC....

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  10. how do I find the other user account on my PC

how do I find the other user account on my PC: I have a new business optiplex computer that is set up for work. I created a new user for personal use with a separate Microsoft account and when I logged in to the personal user account the main work user disappeared. I was unable to get the user to show up on the home...