Windows 10: User accouts in File Explorer

Discus and support User accouts in File Explorer in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; There were already two user accounts on my laptop when i started using it. Over time I've absorbed one and got it down to just two. It drives me crazy,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by BenzJamin129, Jun 1, 2019.

1. User accouts in File Explorer

There were already two user accounts on my laptop when i started using it. Over time I've absorbed one and got it down to just two. It drives me crazy, programs are split between libraries There's multiple document/ picture/ music/download folders etcetera. So I tried to combine everything awhile back and...Not good. Everything was out of sync. Things would not communicate Its was a nightmare mapping out all the files and folder to their original location.

Is there anyway out of this without starting over. It would take months to reload this thing.

:)

BenzJamin129, Jun 1, 2019
  2. Paolo Mag Win User

"This file can't be previewed" problem in explorer

Hi Deborah,

For us to provide an accurate resolution, kindly elaborate the issue by answering the questions listed below:

• Since when have you been experiencing this issue?
    • Were there any changes on your PC before this happened like software or updates installed?

For initial troubleshooting, we suggest that you follow the steps listed below:

• Open File Explorer.
    • Access this link

C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\Explorer
    • Delete all the files.
    • After deleting the files kindly try and see if there's a thumbnail preview of your files.

We're looking forward to your response.

Paolo Mag, Jun 1, 2019
  3. sturpe Win User
    Cannot find Desktop Icon in File Explorer

Now that is interesting. If I do what you suggest, File Explorer Address bar changes to C:\Users\username\documents and the missing ICONS are there. But there is still not a "Desktop" folder.

Is this a step in the right direction?

sturpe, Jun 1, 2019
  4. Ralph Sta Win User

User accouts in File Explorer

File explorer icon from taskbar dissappears while working on it

Hi,

To assist you with your concern, we suggest you pin the File Explorer from the Start Menu by following these steps:

• Click the Start Menu.
    • Right-click File Explorer.
    • Choose Pin to taskbar.

If you need further assistance, feel free to reply to this post.

Ralph Sta, Jun 1, 2019
Thema:

User accouts in File Explorer

1. User accouts in File Explorer - Similar Threads - User accouts File

2. User profiles and File Explorer USERS folders

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    User profiles and File Explorer USERS folders: When I started up my new HP laptop it used my signon name to create a "myname" profile but it didn't create any files under /USERS/myname. I than created another account profile with"newname" with administrator permission as an emergency backup. That profile name was given...
  3. File explorer not showing my user

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File explorer not showing my user: So when I look in C:\Users, there's default, public, and my other account, just not my own. When I go in the search bar and manually type the name of my own account, it shows up like normal. Is there a way to fix this? I also have show hidden icons on....
  4. Unrecognized User Account In file explorer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Unrecognized User Account In file explorer: a mysterious second user is in my PC, with my files correctly labeled as C:\Users\my user name\Documents\..... ; however, appearing instead as C:\Users\thoma\Documents\.... I have no idea who thoma is, but it has become neceesssary to use file exployer to find this user thoma...
  5. Forget password!! Administor Accout

in Windows 10 Customization
    Forget password!! Administor Accout: My kid was logout and changed password of my labtopadministrtor few day ago. Some lucky I set option to login with PIN it's still use.I can't remind password to login. And now my drive have a problem by now" What should i do cause i can't reset password and when i go to...
  6. Change Local User into MicroSoft Accout (On 3 PC Network Server)

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Change Local User into MicroSoft Accout (On 3 PC Network Server): Win 10 Pro 1803 Details regarding my desire to change as little as possible: Using this PC as server for two other win 10 PCs on home network. All very old, barely able to run win 10, activations from win7, were XP (server), XP and Vista. Activations for none appear...
  7. Change Local User into MicroSoft Accout

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Change Local User into MicroSoft Accout: Win 10 Pro 1803 Details regarding my desire to change as little as possible: Using this PC as server for two other win 10 PCs on home network. All very old, barely able to run win 10, activations from win7, were XP (server), XP and Vista. Activations for none appear...
  8. Windows 10 UPdate 1809 has broken my User accout

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 UPdate 1809 has broken my User accout: Hi I have a local user account which I have been using all the time with windows 10 with no issues. I have now upgrade to Windows 10 1809 and the account has become separated from my User Directory creating a new Temp Directory(TEMP.HOMEPC.000.001), which means I have...
  9. normal user accouting automatically changed to administrator

in Windows 10 Support
    normal user accouting automatically changed to administrator: Hello, my normal user accouting automatically changed to administrator. How that even can happen ??? I didn't do anything, windows is so bugged... 116360
  10. Change user name in file explorer

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Change user name in file explorer: New computer. Hastily set it up two days ago and have found that in file explorer there is a user named "Bogey" that appears to be the main user along with all of the associated files, and I have no clue how it happened that way. However, my first name, as administrator, is...