Windows 10: User Adjusted maximum charge capacity to preserve battery health longer

Discus and support User Adjusted maximum charge capacity to preserve battery health longer in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Is there a way to manually adjust the maximum charge capacity of a laptop's battery? I'm looking to max out charging at a percentage of my liking and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Alex_Nagy96, Feb 13, 2020.

1. User Adjusted maximum charge capacity to preserve battery health longer

Is there a way to manually adjust the maximum charge capacity of a laptop's battery?

I'm looking to max out charging at a percentage of my liking and the option to completely turn off the battery and use only wired power to drive my machine when it's plugged in for long.

Battery tests show that batteries kept at higher charge %-es are more prone to battery wear than those kept at lower levels.

I don't want my laptop to charge to 100% all the time, how can I solve this problem?

I'm looking for a windows feature to do this for me but I can't seem to find any.

:)

Alex_Nagy96, Feb 13, 2020
  2. Bree Win User

Acer battery won't charge

Generate a battery report. Amongst other things, this should tell you the design capacity of the battery and its current maximum charge capacity. All batteries loose capacity with use so don't expect the charge capacity to be 100% of the design capacity, but for a useable battery it should be well over 50% design capacity.

Generate Battery Usage Report in Windows 10

I second Freebooter's suggestions for checking other reasons the battery may no be charging, but if it's health has deteriorated it may be time to replace it.

3. baskhara Win User
    Acer battery won't charge

What if the battery unremoveable? Should I disassemble and remove it? also there is a switch underneath the case and around the RAM slot that prevent the laptop to turn on when the case is open and without the charger. Is that the same as removing the battery? although when turned on with charger, the laptop still see the battery. Thanks

- - - Updated - - -

I took the report, the design capacity was 41.440 mWh but full charge capacity is now 25.752 mWh. Is it that bad? Before this happened I believe HWMonitor also show the same number with 38% Wear Level.
    Here's the report file

baskhara, Feb 13, 2020
  4. User Adjusted maximum charge capacity to preserve battery health longer

Windows 10 battery percentage of design or full charge capacity?

Is the battery indicator in Windows 10 a percentage of the design capacity or the current full charge capacity of the battery ?

ie. if my battery capacity dropped from say, 60mWh to 30mWh from wear, would the indicator show 50% or 100% when the battery is fully charged at its current capacity of 30mWh ?

EDIT: to describe my case, I have an XPS 13 9350 whose battery has a design capacity of 56mWh. over the past few weeks, the battery percentage in windows stops at 55 with "plugged in not charging". running

shows that the current full charge capacity is about 41mWh, meaning at 55% I'm getting about 20mWh on a "full" charge. the surprising thing is Dell Command Power Manager shows my battery to be in excellent health.

Abhinav Vishak, Feb 13, 2020
Thema:

User Adjusted maximum charge capacity to preserve battery health longer

1. User Adjusted maximum charge capacity to preserve battery health longer - Similar Threads - User Adjusted maximum

2. Battery full charge capacity issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Battery full charge capacity issue: Hi two days ago my laptop was lasting about 3-4 hours on battery but the next day jt lasted only about 10 minutes, and full battery charge was dropped by 70% or more it went from 47000 to 4000 and cycle counts is not increasing it only shows - a dash symbol I sure hope it's...
  3. My laptop doesn't charge, just maintains the battery level. The battery maximum capacity...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My laptop doesn't charge, just maintains the battery level. The battery maximum capacity...: I have an HP Pavilion. My charger is an HP blue pin 65W charger.So, this problem began abruptly about a week ago, but I didn't really pay any attention to it because the battery level was at 98%. I did notice a bit of heating but I ignored it. But now, the problem is more...
  4. My laptop doesn't charge, just maintains the battery level. The battery maximum capacity...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My laptop doesn't charge, just maintains the battery level. The battery maximum capacity...: I have an HP Pavilion. My charger is an HP blue pin 65W charger.So, this problem began abruptly about a week ago, but I didn't really pay any attention to it because the battery level was at 98%. I did notice a bit of heating but I ignored it. But now, the problem is more...
  5. Asus Battery Health Charging

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Asus Battery Health Charging: I've had to replace my Laptop's hard drive and installed a new one. I installed a new OS and I can't find Asus Battery Health Charging App which was there when I purchased the Laptop. I understand this comes with a driver issue. Can anybody help me to figure this out?And...
  6. Interpreting a Battery Health Report: Full Charge Capacity Exceeds Design Capacity

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Interpreting a Battery Health Report: Full Charge Capacity Exceeds Design Capacity: Before purchasing a replacement battery for my PC, I ran a Battery HealthReport because the battery on my laptop will no longer power it for more than afew minutes. My question about the report relates to the "Battery CapacityHistory" section. For my PC the Full Charge...
  7. MyAsus battery health charging

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    MyAsus battery health charging: I've recently come across a problem with the battery health charging setting intergrated inside the MyAsus app. I've set it to maximum lifespan mode which only allows the battery to be charged up to 60%, but for some reason everytime i restart or shutdown my laptop while...
  8. Extend battery life health by setting maximum charge to 60-80%.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Extend battery life health by setting maximum charge to 60-80%.: I would like to optimize my battery life by making it charge to only 60% on my laptop. My ASUS Zenbook Pro is always plugged in, and I would like to have an optimal battery for such use. 1 The integrated app MyAsus does not work well. It keeps changing to normal settings...
  9. Maximum % battery charge.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Maximum % battery charge.: My battery seems to only charge to 60% - how do I change that to say 90%% https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/maximum-battery-charge/9c4e8af2-e5ee-42d4-b222-17673749059d
  10. Battery charge capacity

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Battery charge capacity: I want to change the battery charge from 60% to 100%. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-performance/battery-charge-capacity/866bc133-b830-4506-8f1d-b8cc8de1c63b