Windows 10: User already added to this pc.

Discus and support User already added to this pc. in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; I want to add another user with a microsoft account for someone else to my pc. They have had an account before but I removed it for a short while. I... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by joegti, May 22, 2019.

1. joegti Win User

User already added to this pc.

I want to add another user with a microsoft account for someone else to my pc. They have had an account before but I removed it for a short while. I now want to add their user back to the pc, but everytime I try i get the message '(email address) has already been added to this pc.' and I cannot add them back. However there are no traces of this user in the C:/Users folder. How can I add them back?

:)

joegti, May 22, 2019
  2. Louie Del Win User

Adding User Errors

Hi,

The error message that you’ve encountered can be caused by an invalid or corrupted registry keys. You may also get the same error when your computer shuts down
    unexpectedly. To learn more about your concern with adding a user, we’d like to ask the following questions:

• Are you also getting the error when you add a user?
    • Were there any changes or updates made on your computer prior to the issue?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so for to resolve your concern?

In the meantime, we suggest that you run the System File Checker tool. This will scan and restore the corrupted system files on your device. Check this
    article
    for the steps.

We’ll wait for your response.

Louie Del, May 22, 2019
  3. Kreij Win User
    Current active users that are friends

The other reason I suggested this is that users can add characters to their username that are not alphanumeric (e.g. user*). This confuses things somewhat when looking at the list.

Kreij, May 22, 2019
  4. User already added to this pc.

adding user accounts for children

Hi Kurt,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. We are glad to help you.

I would suggest you to try following methods and check if it helps.

I suggest you to follow the steps how to create the child account as below and check if it helps.

• Press Windows key and select
      setting
      s.
    • Click on Account and select
      Family and other users
    • Then click add someone else to this pc and
      select add child’s account.
    • Enter the child’s email address and click on Next.
    • Then click on finish.

Hope this information helps. Do contact us for further queries. We will be happy to assist.

Regards,

Jenith

Jenith_James, May 22, 2019
Thema:

User already added to this pc.

1. User already added to this pc. - Similar Threads - User already added

2. account has already been added to this pc

in Windows 10 Gaming
    account has already been added to this pc: I receive an error when adding an account to a PC saying the account has already been added to the PC. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/account-has-already-been-added-to-this-pc/fc9491b2-3925-409d-b101-dc7dc6398e24
  3. account has already been added to this pc

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    account has already been added to this pc: I receive an error when adding an account to a PC saying the account has already been added to the PC. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/account-has-already-been-added-to-this-pc/fc9491b2-3925-409d-b101-dc7dc6398e24
  4. Adding New User but says is linked already

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Adding New User but says is linked already: Hello!Recently I wanted to add my microsoft account as a whole separate user on this PC as it is now used by everyone in the house. However, even after signing out of every app I can think of and making my current user just a local account, I keep getting an error. “e-mail...
  5. Adding New User but says is linked already

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Adding New User but says is linked already: Hello!Recently I wanted to add my microsoft account as a whole separate user on this PC as it is now used by everyone in the house. However, even after signing out of every app I can think of and making my current user just a local account, I keep getting an error. “e-mail...
  6. Can not create a new user in Windows 10: email address 'already added to this PC"

in Windows 10 Customization
    Can not create a new user in Windows 10: email address 'already added to this PC": As an administrator of a Windows 10 desktop PC, I want to add 'user X' with email addres *** Email address is removed for privacy *** as a Windows 10 user, but i get the error message saying that "*** Email address is removed for privacy *** can not be added because it has...
  7. <email@address>has already been added to this PC but no such user

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    <email@address>has already been added to this PC but no such user: W10 Accounts, Family and other users : is preventing me from "adding someone else to this PC". I had created a local user XYZ with Account Type "Administrator", ie without a Microsoft Account, then signed in OK. Later while using new Microsoft Edge, I signed into my...
  8. Account has already been added to this PC

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Account has already been added to this PC: Hi everybody, I'm presently installing accounts on the new PC for the family. I created an account for my daughter but it was bugging when I tried to add connect with her windows hotmail account. So I decided to completely deleted her account to create it again. Then...
  9. User already added to this pc.

in Windows 10 Support
    User already added to this pc.: I want to add another user with a microsoft account for someone else to my pc. They have had an account before but I removed it for a short while. I now want to add their user back to the pc, but everytime I try i get the message '(email address) has already been added to...
  10. Adding Multiple users to a PC

in Windows 10 Customization
    Adding Multiple users to a PC: When trying to add multiple users on 1 PC, we were limited to 3 users (Windows 10 Home version), Is this the case with all versions. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/adding-multiple-users-to-a-pc/360da7e5-e904-44f4-87fd-37b2030f2ad4