Windows 10: User already added to this pc.

Discus and support User already added to this pc. in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; I want to add another user with a microsoft account for someone else to my pc. They have had an account before but I removed it for a short while. I... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by joegti, May 22, 2019.

1. joegti Win User

User already added to this pc.

I want to add another user with a microsoft account for someone else to my pc. They have had an account before but I removed it for a short while. I now want to add their user back to the pc, but everytime I try i get the message '(email address) has already been added to this pc.' and I cannot add them back. However there are no traces of this user in the C:/Users folder. How can I add them back?

:)

joegti, May 22, 2019
  2. Louie Del Win User

Adding User Errors

Hi,

The error message that you’ve encountered can be caused by an invalid or corrupted registry keys. You may also get the same error when your computer shuts down
    unexpectedly. To learn more about your concern with adding a user, we’d like to ask the following questions:

• Are you also getting the error when you add a user?
    • Were there any changes or updates made on your computer prior to the issue?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so for to resolve your concern?

In the meantime, we suggest that you run the System File Checker tool. This will scan and restore the corrupted system files on your device. Check this
    article
    for the steps.

We’ll wait for your response.

Louie Del, May 22, 2019
  3. Kreij Win User
    Current active users that are friends

The other reason I suggested this is that users can add characters to their username that are not alphanumeric (e.g. user*). This confuses things somewhat when looking at the list.

Kreij, May 22, 2019
  4. User already added to this pc.

adding user accounts for children

Hi Kurt,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. We are glad to help you.

I would suggest you to try following methods and check if it helps.

I suggest you to follow the steps how to create the child account as below and check if it helps.

• Press Windows key and select
      setting
      s.
    • Click on Account and select
      Family and other users
    • Then click add someone else to this pc and
      select add child’s account.
    • Enter the child’s email address and click on Next.
    • Then click on finish.

Hope this information helps. Do contact us for further queries. We will be happy to assist.

Regards,

Jenith

Jenith_James, May 22, 2019
Thema:

User already added to this pc.

1. User already added to this pc. - Similar Threads - User already added

2. Bug: Something went wrong, x has already been added to this PC

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Bug: Something went wrong, x has already been added to this PC: I have just reinstalled windows and as I try to re-add accounts for family members I receive the message: "Something went wrong [x] has already been added to this PC". This is an error. I have not yet added the account to the computer. I have tried disassociating [x] with all...
  3. User already added to this pc.

in Windows 10 Support
    User already added to this pc.: I want to add another user with a microsoft account for someone else to my pc. They have had an account before but I removed it for a short while. I now want to add their user back to the pc, but everytime I try i get the message '(email address) has already been added to...
  4. Adding Multiple users to a PC

in Windows 10 Customization
    Adding Multiple users to a PC: When trying to add multiple users on 1 PC, we were limited to 3 users (Windows 10 Home version), Is this the case with all versions. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/adding-multiple-users-to-a-pc/360da7e5-e904-44f4-87fd-37b2030f2ad4
  5. Adding User to Correct User Folder Name

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Adding User to Correct User Folder Name: So when I did a system restore on my computer to return it back to factory default...I logged in using my Microsoft account which is an email starting with "Boo......." However my name on my Microsoft account is "Summer"...It's always been "Summer" all my folders in the past...
  6. Adding new user problems

Adding new user problems: Whenever I add a new user, some of the elements of Windows 10 don't work properly. For instance, the Start Menu does not pop up, or either the right click or the left click works but not both, Also some apps like Weather try to start but immediately shut off. Even the...
  7. Added User, original user / profile & settings disappeared

Added User, original user / profile & settings disappeared: Upgraded from Windows 7 to Windows 10 some months ago. Original profile did not require password to log in, and was not associated with a Google email or Microsoft account that I know of. I added a user a couple of days ago (added a personal account of mine with my own...
  8. Added a new user account to computer

Added a new user account to computer: Hi, I had an account on my wife's computer, (it was my old computer), I deleted it to save some room on here HD. Then I added a new user, using the same user name and password that is on this computer. I just signed in to the new account and it went through the motions of...
  9. Adding MS Account to domain user says account '... is here already'

Adding MS Account to domain user says account '... is here already': Have just upgraded my Surface Pro 2 with Win 10 Pro from Win 8.1. Tablet is a domain machine and the upgrade all went fine. The tablet was originally bought using my MS account and in the registry it has entries saying my MS account name (ie: my email address) is the...
  10. Problem added new user

Problem added new user: I'm going to give my computer to my wife so I added her as a new user. First on her W10 computer she's not signed in through her Microsoft account, just her name and a random password, upgraded from Windows 7. Wasn't able to use that, Windows requires a Microsoft...