Windows 10: User CALS transferable to upgraded OS version

Discus and support User CALS transferable to upgraded OS version in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hello,We are currently using windows server 2012 r2 and we have 50 user CALS already in use on the server. We are going to be upgrading to windows... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by ramses serrano, Nov 28, 2023.

1. User CALS transferable to upgraded OS version

Hello,We are currently using windows server 2012 r2 and we have 50 user CALS already in use on the server. We are going to be upgrading to windows server 2022 and my question is; if we are keeping the existing hardware and only upgrading the OS version are the user CALS still usable or do we need to purchase new ones.

:)

ramses serrano, Nov 28, 2023

2. Is the user CAL and device CAL license is transferrable to other user or device (Windows Server and SQL Server)

Hello! My name is Mostafa, and I will try my best to assist you with this so that you find a satisfactory solution.

User Client Access Licenses (CALs) and Device CALs for Windows Server and SQL Server are typically not transferable between users or devices. CALs are typically associated with a specific user or device and cannot be transferred to another user or device. When a CAL is assigned to a user or device, it remains with that user or device until it expires or is no longer needed.

Review the below article.

https://www.trustedtechteam.com/pages/microsoft...

If I hope that help, reach out to me, and I will be happy to help and try my best to resolve your issue. Thank you.

Best,

Mostafa

Disclaimer - There is a non-Microsoft website. The page appears to be providing accurate, safe information. Watch out for ads on the site that may advertise products frequently classified as PUP (Potentially Unwanted Products). Thoroughly research any product advertised on the site before downloading and installing it.

Mostafa Sadeghi, Nov 28, 2023
  3. MDJ_ESS Win User
    Is the user CAL and device CAL license is transferrable to other user or device (Windows Server and SQL Server)

Is the user CAL and device CAL license is transferrable to other user or device (Windows Server and SQL Server)

MDJ_ESS, Nov 28, 2023
  4. NMI
    NMI Win User

User CALS transferable to upgraded OS version

Thema:

User CALS transferable to upgraded OS version

1. User CALS transferable to upgraded OS version - Similar Threads - User CALS transferable

2. User CALS transferable to upgraded OS version

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    User CALS transferable to upgraded OS version: Hello,We are currently using windows server 2012 r2 and we have 50 user CALS already in use on the server. We are going to be upgrading to windows server 2022 and my question is; if we are keeping the existing hardware and only upgrading the OS version are the user CALS still...
  3. Is the user CAL and device CAL license is transferrable to other user or device Windows...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is the user CAL and device CAL license is transferrable to other user or device Windows...: Is the user CAL and device CAL license is transferrable to other user or device Windows Server and SQL Server https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/is-the-user-cal-and-device-cal-license-is/c3231726-aa7b-4846-9b10-e141f0ea3fde
  4. Is the user CAL and device CAL license is transferrable to other user or device Windows...

Is the user CAL and device CAL license is transferrable to other user or device Windows...: Is the user CAL and device CAL license is transferrable to other user or device Windows Server and SQL Server https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/is-the-user-cal-and-device-cal-license-is/c3231726-aa7b-4846-9b10-e141f0ea3fde
  5. RDS CALs Version question

in Windows 10 Gaming
    RDS CALs Version question: Dear Microsoft,I used to have RDS CALs per device on my Windows Server 2008 R2 terminal server.Now I want to buy new ones and want them to be PER USER.When I contacted the seller in my country, he told me they only have:DG7GMGF0D7HX:0009Windows Server 2022 Remote Desktop...
  6. RDS CALs Version question

RDS CALs Version question: Dear Microsoft,I used to have RDS CALs per device on my Windows Server 2008 R2 terminal server.Now I want to buy new ones and want them to be PER USER.When I contacted the seller in my country, he told me they only have:DG7GMGF0D7HX:0009Windows Server 2022 Remote Desktop...
  7. Server 2022 user cal activation

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Server 2022 user cal activation: Dear community,I have acquired a 5 user cal license and I am trying to activate the license using the Remote Desktop licensing role that I installed I don’t have a subscription, I am using an home lab for testing and training.I am not planning any productive service.I managed...
  8. Server 2022 user cal activation

Server 2022 user cal activation: Dear community,I have acquired a 5 user cal license and I am trying to activate the license using the Remote Desktop licensing role that I installed I don’t have a subscription, I am using an home lab for testing and training.I am not planning any productive service.I managed...
  9. One CAL per domain user?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    One CAL per domain user?: Hello there, I'd like to know if I need two separate User-CAL's, if I want to use one PC but with two different A/D accounts. The background is that my company wants to give every employee one account with admin rights and one account without. Additionally it would be great...
  10. User CALs

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    User CALs: I work on a netowrk with several terminal servers and one of those servers is reserved for GPA. We have, roughly, 170 administrators and only 75 User CALs. I am aware that the licenses are good for 60 days and then they are returned back to the repository for redistribution....