Windows 10: User CALs

Discus and support User CALs in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I work on a netowrk with several terminal servers and one of those servers is reserved for GPA. We have, roughly, 170 administrators and only 75 User... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by ChrisSimmons2, Oct 1, 2019.

1. User CALs

I work on a netowrk with several terminal servers and one of those servers is reserved for GPA. We have, roughly, 170 administrators and only 75 User CALs. I am aware that the licenses are good for 60 days and then they are returned back to the repository for redistribution. My question, if I log into a TS and I am granted a license, does that 60 day window reset every time I log into a new TS or does that original license hold the date until the 60 days expire?

:)

ChrisSimmons2, Oct 1, 2019
  2. Kreij Win User

Current active users that are friends

The other reason I suggested this is that users can add characters to their username that are not alphanumeric (e.g. user*). This confuses things somewhat when looking at the list.

Kreij, Oct 1, 2019
  3. abdnr Win User
    SQL CAL Licensing

subject:
    help with microsoft CAL licensing

scenario:

webserver:
    website asp.net web application hosted on IIS on a windows 2016 server OS

database:
    sql server standard ( server + Cal licensing )

Now 50 users in the intranet will be accessing the webserver. Do we require to purchase SQL CAL license for each devices accessing the webserver?

our application using only one connection string to the database server
    all ther users are asp.net users

do we require Cal license for every computers accessing the webserver
    does multiplexing rule apply to this scenario.

https://download.microsoft.com/download/8/7/3/8733d036-92b0-4cb8-8912-3b6ab966b8b2/multiplexing.pdf

abdnr, Oct 1, 2019
  4. User CALs

Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Oct 1, 2019
Thema:

User CALs

1. User CALs - Similar Threads - User CALs

2. User CALS transferable to upgraded OS version

in Windows 10 Gaming
    User CALS transferable to upgraded OS version: Hello,We are currently using windows server 2012 r2 and we have 50 user CALS already in use on the server. We are going to be upgrading to windows server 2022 and my question is; if we are keeping the existing hardware and only upgrading the OS version are the user CALS still...
  3. User CALS transferable to upgraded OS version

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    User CALS transferable to upgraded OS version: Hello,We are currently using windows server 2012 r2 and we have 50 user CALS already in use on the server. We are going to be upgrading to windows server 2022 and my question is; if we are keeping the existing hardware and only upgrading the OS version are the user CALS still...
  4. RDS License Server User Cal Licensing model and Remote Desktop GPO

in Windows 10 Gaming
    RDS License Server User Cal Licensing model and Remote Desktop GPO: I have a License Server with 75 user cals for RDS installed. I have an OU in AD with the servers I want to serve licenses to created and a GPO created and linked to that OU. However, a single user group is in AD that the GPO provides remote access via Terminal Services to....
  5. RDS License Server User Cal Licensing model and Remote Desktop GPO

RDS License Server User Cal Licensing model and Remote Desktop GPO: I have a License Server with 75 user cals for RDS installed. I have an OU in AD with the servers I want to serve licenses to created and a GPO created and linked to that OU. However, a single user group is in AD that the GPO provides remote access via Terminal Services to....
  6. RDS Per User CAL Windows Server 2019

in Windows 10 Gaming
    RDS Per User CAL Windows Server 2019: Hi,I am trying for weeks now to figure out how can I get proper report.I have multiple Windows Server 2019 Per User CAL-s installed on my licensing server 2019.When I try to get report RD Licensing Manager to see available and issued licenses, I only received Installed but...
  7. RDS Per User CAL Windows Server 2019

RDS Per User CAL Windows Server 2019: Hi,I am trying for weeks now to figure out how can I get proper report.I have multiple Windows Server 2019 Per User CAL-s installed on my licensing server 2019.When I try to get report RD Licensing Manager to see available and issued licenses, I only received Installed but...
  8. If I have Windows Server 2022 installed, can I use Windows Server 2019 User CALs? Please...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    If I have Windows Server 2022 installed, can I use Windows Server 2019 User CALs? Please...: If I have Windows Server 2022 installed, can I use Windows Server 2019 User CALs? Please note this is not RDS CALs. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/if-i-have-windows-server-2022-installed-can-i-use/3dc479ab-fef0-421c-b030-0eb5bf6e3f18
  9. If I have Windows Server 2022 installed, can I use Windows Server 2019 User CALs? Please...

If I have Windows Server 2022 installed, can I use Windows Server 2019 User CALs? Please...: If I have Windows Server 2022 installed, can I use Windows Server 2019 User CALs? Please note this is not RDS CALs. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/if-i-have-windows-server-2022-installed-can-i-use/3dc479ab-fef0-421c-b030-0eb5bf6e3f18
  10. Is the user CAL and device CAL license is transferrable to other user or device Windows...

Is the user CAL and device CAL license is transferrable to other user or device Windows...: Is the user CAL and device CAL license is transferrable to other user or device Windows Server and SQL Server https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/is-the-user-cal-and-device-cal-license-is/c3231726-aa7b-4846-9b10-e141f0ea3fde