Windows 10: User Cannot Gain Access To 802.1x Enterprise Network

Discus and support User Cannot Gain Access To 802.1x Enterprise Network in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Strange issue. On MY personal laptop, Windows 10 connects to the college WPA2 802.1x enterprise user-login wireless network just fine, but one of our... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by kbronski, Aug 26, 2015.

1. kbronski Win User

User Cannot Gain Access To 802.1x Enterprise Network

Strange issue. On MY personal laptop, Windows 10 connects to the college WPA2 802.1x enterprise user-login wireless network just fine, but one of our students keeps getting "no internet access". It's not his account, as he wouldn't be able to connect to our network at all if it was locked out or wasn't activated. I've tried everything I know to set up his network profile manually, and it's connecting to the network fine... just, limited access.

:)

kbronski, Aug 26, 2015
  2. Monk---01 Win User

WLAN Connectivity problems using Nokia 5800 XpressMusic

Update to my Network Connectivity Dilemma.

Please correct me if I am wrong.

It seems I can use 802.1x WI-FI Security mode authentication to connect to WLANs that are configured for WPA2 Enterprise since both authentication methods use the same security settings in a WLan Infrastructure.

They both have EAP with similar EAP Plug-in settings.

If this theory is correct, then I can use my Nokia 5800 to access a WPA2 Enterprise authentication Wlan with the 802.1x WI-FI Security mode.

Objections any body?

Monk

Monk---01, Aug 26, 2015
  3. neshyd Win User
    WP7 - 802.1x WEP WiFi???

I'm specifically talking about Enterprise WEP (802.1X) w/ PEAP authentication.

For example, on my PC, when I want to connect to the network, a prompt appears from the taskbar asking me to provide credentials for the network (USER/PASS).

Here's the link to my school's IT website regarding their network configuration...

http://it.ucmerced.edu/docs/guides/wireless/wireless_xp.cfm

I've been trying to figure out what Wi-Fi protocols does WP7.5 support, but I've unable to find it.

Thanks again for everyone's help on this!

neshyd, Aug 26, 2015
  4. kbronski Win User

Never mind. DHCP wasn't enabled on his computer. Fixed.

kbronski, Aug 26, 2015
Thema:

1. User Cannot Gain Access To 802.1x Enterprise Network - Similar Threads - User Cannot Gain

2. Cannot gain permission to access a network device after a new computer installed

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot gain permission to access a network device after a new computer installed: I have a 9-year old HP Pavilion Windows 10 Pro 64 computer which was running on a peer to peer network with a second virtually identical machine. The motherboard on the second machine failed, and I just purchased a brand new HP Envy Windows Home 64 computer in its place. Both...
  3. Cannot gain permission to access a network device after a new computer installed

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot gain permission to access a network device after a new computer installed: I have a 9-year old HP Pavilion Windows 10 Pro 64 computer which was running on a peer to peer network with a second virtually identical machine. The motherboard on the second machine failed, and I just purchased a brand new HP Envy Windows Home 64 computer in its place. Both...
  4. how do network user gain write permission?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how do network user gain write permission?: I hAve the same login info for both accounts on network computers but only have read permission over the network. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-network-user-gain-write-permission/0165f8dd-9ab4-4880-a880-97397ed59661
  5. how do network user gain write permission?

how do network user gain write permission?: I hAve the same login info for both accounts on network computers but only have read permission over the network. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-network-user-gain-write-permission/0165f8dd-9ab4-4880-a880-97397ed59661
  6. how do network user gain write permission?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  7. Cannot gain access to User folder from an old Windows 10 install

Cannot gain access to User folder from an old Windows 10 install: Hello,I did a clean install of Win10 Pro today and I when I try to access the old Windows installation on D: drive User folder I am unable to access it. I changed ownership and permissions but when I hit apply or ok it returns error that the media is write protected....
  8. Cannot gain access to User folder from an old Windows 10 install

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot gain access to User folder from an old Windows 10 install: Hello,I did a clean install of Win10 Pro today and I when I try to access the old Windows installation on D: drive User folder I am unable to access it. I changed ownership and permissions but when I hit apply or ok it returns error that the media is write protected....
  9. Cannot gain access to User folder from an old Windows 10 install

10. Cannot gain access to C drive

Cannot gain access to C drive: So I went to properties on my disk drive and clicked security, I messed around with the permissions as I was trying to do something but after I went back on it, there is only 1 user compared to my other drive which has 4. I am only able to read on my drive and I've tried the...