Windows 10: User cannot unlock machine - login screen flashes but doesn't provide login options

Discus and support User cannot unlock machine - login screen flashes but doesn't provide login options in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; I've pasted a link to a video where this is happening. I've updated this users windows and device software, but this still happens to her daily and... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by Garrett Hobson, Oct 25, 2019.

1. User cannot unlock machine - login screen flashes but doesn't provide login options

I've pasted a link to a video where this is happening. I've updated this users windows and device software, but this still happens to her daily and she has to hard power to get out of it. Does anyone know what causes this? Is there any way to resolve that won't cause me to reset this PC? I'd even take bypassing the need to hit a button to show the username/password option.

https://zagg-my.sharepoint.com/:v:/p/garrett_hobson/EbfH0OKbybdEpKlpcLlYKkkBKdFbs10Z8mW9bF_7ZL2Qow?e=igpqsA

:)

Garrett Hobson, Oct 25, 2019
  2. ATIonion Win User

login screens

goto CONTROL PANEL/ USER ACCOUNTS then you have to remove all the other accounts except for the one you logon with....then restart...it should bypass the login tho it will still show the screen for it...it will continue to load windows...good luck*Rockout :rockout:

edit:: it asks for a login when there are more then one accounts..or if you set a pw to your login name...

ATIonion, Oct 25, 2019
  3. regan1985 Win User
    login screens

is there anyway to stop windows going into the login screen wen i boot up and leave my pc for more then 10mins?i have no password set and im the only user!!

cheers

regan1985, Oct 25, 2019
  4. Zonker182 Win User

User cannot unlock machine - login screen flashes but doesn't provide login options

WIndows 10 Login doesn't have option for alternate login

Sorry for the delay

• Are you able to see the User account at the bottom left corner of the Login screen?
    No – nothing is there

• Have you checked whether the accounts are showing in control panel (User accounts) or not?
    I can’t logon but I have logged onto this machine with both logins before

• Since when are you not able to see the User accounts in login screen?
    Within the last week – not a heavily used machine

• Did you make any changes prior to this issue?
    No – not a heavily used machine so it can go a week or two without being logged onto.

Zonker182, Oct 25, 2019
Thema:

User cannot unlock machine - login screen flashes but doesn't provide login options

1. User cannot unlock machine - login screen flashes but doesn't provide login options - Similar Threads - User cannot unlock

2. Screen Flashing - Can't login

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Screen Flashing - Can't login: My screen keeps flashing after an update and won't let me do anything, including powering it off. Computer also won't let me put it in safe mode. Can't click anything, what can I do to resolve this issue?...
  3. Login Screen Flashing

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Login Screen Flashing: Hello! So today i logged in to my computer and i noticed the login screen was flashing black and i tried unplugging my computer but that did not work.So i did not know what happend with this because yesterday i installed a theme onto my computer.Kindness,Divi...
  4. Flashing screen after login

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Flashing screen after login: Having an issue with one of my monitors constantly flashing on and off after I login to Windows. The flashing only starts when I log in. Before it started happening, I went into my BIOS to check if AMD Virtualization was enabled. No settings in the BIOS were changed when I...
  5. Flashing screen on login.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Flashing screen on login.: So I was playing a game, I exited like normal. I tried to open the start menu, when I did that, the start menu kept closing instantly. Sooo I hit restart, and it kept going and going so I pressed and held the power button. Now when I sign in my desktop flashes the taskbar...
  6. KIOSK LOGIN SCREEN FLASHING. UNABE TO LOGIN

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    KIOSK LOGIN SCREEN FLASHING. UNABE TO LOGIN: Hi, i need helping in fixing the issue after kiosk is enbled on windows 10 pro. the KIOSK mode was enabled as per standard process from user accounts control panel one the machine was rebooted. The kiosk account was showing for a second but the screen started to flash...
  7. Login Screen Constantly Flashing =

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Login Screen Constantly Flashing =: Hello, I turned on my computer today, and I can't login to my machine. It constantly flickers between the date and the login screen. I can't even start my windows in safe mode due to this issue. I've attached a video below to show what I'm currently experiencing....
  8. Remove one of the "Other user" login options from login screen

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Remove one of the "Other user" login options from login screen: We have Win10 ENT 1809 joined to our domain; laptops with docks. There are 2 "Other user" login options at the login screen; one requests email address or phone number AND the other joins our domain. We just want to display one "Other user" which joins our domain. The...
  9. Cannot Login. Missing users on login screen.

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Cannot Login. Missing users on login screen.: I have a problem with an old aspire 5920. I've upgraded it correctly to the latest build of Win10 32bit. I was already on a clean Win10 installation. Now I cannot logon anymore because the logon screen is just empty. If I press enter the clock/screensaver disappear but the...
  10. No login options on login screen.

in Windows 10 Support
    No login options on login screen.: So ... my Windows 10 computer won't let me log in. I'm at the login prompt screen and there's no login box to type in a password. This is what I see. Every 30 seconds or so the screen "pulses." See this video. For some context, this started happening when I looked up...