Windows 10: User can't login with correct credentials when domain is unreachable

Discus and support User can't login with correct credentials when domain is unreachable in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; Hi, I have an issue with Windows 10 version 2004 Enterprise. I've fresh installed win10 ver2004 on the new laptop. Entered it into domain, setup pass,... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by SenaR88, Jun 9, 2020.

1. SenaR88 Win User

User can't login with correct credentials when domain is unreachable

Hi, I have an issue with Windows 10 version 2004 Enterprise. I've fresh installed win10 ver2004 on the new laptop. Entered it into domain, setup pass, PIN, fingerprint for user, everything worked fine. But when user went to another city and tried to login laptop the problem appeared "password is incorrect" Pass, PIN and fingerprint doesn't work. The only thing helped in this situation is login by local administrator and connect via VPN to our corporate network, then he switched to his domain user and password started to work. But when he restarted laptop the problem comes up again. With previous version 1909 wasn't any problems like this. Looks like the problem with credential cash. I googled all info regarding this problem, nothing helped. Please help.

:)

SenaR88, Jun 9, 2020
  2. Brink Win User

Credential Guard lab companion

Source: Credential Guard lab companion Datacenter and Private Cloud Security Blog

See also:

Brink, Jun 9, 2020
  3. Generic Credentials

Hi,

Saving your login information in the Windows Credential Manager can be helpful as it saves time when logging in to websites or other computers on a network. To provide you the best steps in resolving your issue, we'd like to ask a few questions:

• What is your email domain?
    • Are you using Outlook app, Mail app, or Outlook.com to access your email?

Regards.

Angela Pun, Jun 9, 2020
  4. User can't login with correct credentials when domain is unreachable

I cannot login to my corporate computer as Other User

I cannot login as Other User on my corporate computer connected to the corporate domain. I receive a message "The user name or password is incorrect" but I know that my credentials are correct.

Janice Jacksons, Jun 9, 2020
Thema:

User can't login with correct credentials when domain is unreachable

1. User can't login with correct credentials when domain is unreachable - Similar Threads - User can't login

2. domain user is shown as DOM\USER in login screen

in Windows 10 Customization
    domain user is shown as DOM\USER in login screen: while i try to login to my pc I have my username automatically shown like <DOM\USER> it used to be only USERNAME idk what happened and I searched for this problem but i can't seem to find anything.......
  3. Domain user login not working

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Domain user login not working: Hi All, I have a some doubt regarding one of user logon scenario.I am using _KERB_INTERACTIVE_UNLOCK_LOGON structure. Under that Logon member is corresponding to KERB_INTERACTIVE_LOGON.Here is the structure:typedef struct _KERB_INTERACTIVE_LOGON { KERB_LOGON_SUBMIT_TYPE...
  4. Domain user login not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Domain user login not working: Hi All, I have a some doubt regarding one of user logon scenario.I am using _KERB_INTERACTIVE_UNLOCK_LOGON structure. Under that Logon member is corresponding to KERB_INTERACTIVE_LOGON.Here is the structure:typedef struct _KERB_INTERACTIVE_LOGON { KERB_LOGON_SUBMIT_TYPE...
  5. Domain user login not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. Winlogon.exe - Slow Login for Domain User

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Winlogon.exe - Slow Login for Domain User: Hey Microsoft WizardsI've never posted here on Microsoft. I hope I'm not breaking any rules didn't read any, basing on forums of the past, and common sense. I've looked up this problem countless times and looked into the subject of how to use Windows Performance Analyzer to...
  7. Winlogon.exe - Slow Login for Domain User

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Winlogon.exe - Slow Login for Domain User: Hey Microsoft WizardsI've never posted here on Microsoft. I hope I'm not breaking any rules didn't read any, basing on forums of the past, and common sense. I've looked up this problem countless times and looked into the subject of how to use Windows Performance Analyzer to...
  8. Winlogon.exe - Slow Login for Domain User

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  9. Domain user changes proxy login credential when I run other apps with different user

in Windows 10 Customization
    Domain user changes proxy login credential when I run other apps with different user: Hello dear Microsoft guys. I am experiencing the odd problem. Domain users are enforced to get proxy configuration automatically. So user logs in the PC and starts to surf on the internet. Once helpdesk team tries to troubleshoot any user issue andrun CMD or any program...
  10. Can't login as local user after adding a computer to a domain

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Can't login as local user after adding a computer to a domain: Here are the steps I took. Please tell me if I should have done differently. 1. On the server end add the user and computer to the domain in advance. 2. Fresh install windows 10 and make the first username Admin. 3. Once at desktop rename PC to match PC name on...