Windows 10: User default document in onedrive

Discus and support User default document in onedrive in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi, I just completed a brand new windows 10 installation from CD. *Smile Every thing go ok. The only problem I have is that one : When I install... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Lanthalas, Sep 26, 2015.

1. Lanthalas Win User

User default document in onedrive

Hi,

I just completed a brand new windows 10 installation from CD. *Smile
    Every thing go ok. The only problem I have is that one :
    When I install applications (let say for exemple Magix video), the "magix specific" folders are created in the folder onedrive/documents instead of my user documents folders.*Sad

I can't find out how to cop with that.... It's annoying because i don't want to fill one onedrive with temporary files.

Has someone encounter this problem and solved it??

Thanks

:)

Lanthalas, Sep 26, 2015
  2. ChuckWM Win User

Windows 10 Default Path for Documents - Changing from OneDrive to User location

How do I change the default path definition for "Documents" from my OneDrive location C:\Users\...\OneDrive\Documents

to C:\Users\...\Documents

The default for everything is OneDrive and I don't want that. I want the file explore to point to my local C drive and not the OneDrive start

Thanks

ChuckWM, Sep 26, 2015
  3. Sitti-NK Win User
    File Explorer Libraries resetting on Wondows 10

I have been testing some more and found a partial fix.

If I move the default documents folder from C:\users\myname\Documents to C:\users\myname\OneDrive\Documents and set it as the Default & Public Save location for the Library it remains so after a reboot and the C:\users\myname\Documents folder is no longer
    added automatically.

This now corrects the save locations and the list of Folders included in the Documents Library.

However, after a reboot the order of Folders in the Library is still changed.

Library set as:

C:\users\myname\OneDrive\Documents --- Default and Public Save

\\Server\MyDocs

\\Server\SharedDocs

Becomes:

\\Server\MyDocs

\\Server\SharedDocs

C:\users\myname\OneDrive\Documents --- Default and Public Save

after reboot.

This is much better but the order should not change.

Any ideas would be greatfully received.

Nigel

Sitti-NK, Sep 26, 2015
Thema:

User default document in onedrive

1. User default document in onedrive - Similar Threads - User default document

2. are C:\Users\myname\OneDrive\Documents and C:\Users\myname\Documents the same location?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    are C:\Users\myname\OneDrive\Documents and C:\Users\myname\Documents the same location?: are C:\Users\myname\OneDrive\Documents and C:\Users\myname\Documents the same?why or why not? New Windows 11 PC and I'm completely confused by OneDrive .. can't find anything I save a second time .. I think i'm creating two copies of everything.can I just delete it OneDrive...
  3. are C:\Users\myname\OneDrive\Documents and C:\Users\myname\Documents the same location?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    are C:\Users\myname\OneDrive\Documents and C:\Users\myname\Documents the same location?: are C:\Users\myname\OneDrive\Documents and C:\Users\myname\Documents the same?why or why not? New Windows 11 PC and I'm completely confused by OneDrive .. can't find anything I save a second time .. I think i'm creating two copies of everything.can I just delete it OneDrive...
  4. OneDrive: How to reset default location for the "Documents" folder

in Windows 10 Gaming
    OneDrive: How to reset default location for the "Documents" folder: I used to back up my Documents to OneDrive. That changed the default location of the document's folder. After a while, I unlinked that OneDrive account, but the default folder location did not change. Unfortunately, I still have files in that folder, and I get the following...
  5. How to restore default documents folder off of OneDrive

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How to restore default documents folder off of OneDrive: I installed a new windows 10 pro and the default Documents folder is in OneDrive. I want it back on "normal" location C:\Users\<me>\Documents. How do I do that?Thanks...
  6. Change default windows documents location from OneDrive\Documents to User\Documents

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Change default windows documents location from OneDrive\Documents to User\Documents: I unfortunately set this up when I installed windows to save my Documents to OneDrive unknowingly that instead of syncing my actual documents it creates and changes the default documents folder to a OneDrive folder. How do I undo this?This...
  7. Why are folders in PC (Documents, Desktop, ...) located in users/OneDrive folder as default ?

Why are folders in PC (Documents, Desktop, ...) located in users/OneDrive folder as default ?: Why are This PC folders like Documents or Pictures located in users/OneDrive folder as default location ? When I open the Documents folder properties, the target location is stored in users/.../OneDrive/Documents. Thank you [ATTACH]...
  8. Onedrive Sync with "User/Documents"

Onedrive Sync with "User/Documents": I am using OneDrive to sync documents. I linked the Documents folder to OneDrive and it is synced. The problem is that many applications are using the folder "User/Documents", so the data of them is synced to OneDrive too. But I don't want to sync them. How to deal with this...
  9. Restore Default Locations of “Documents” in “Users” & “This PC”

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Restore Default Locations of “Documents” in “Users” & “This PC”: Being new to both Windows 10 and OneDrive, somehow I managed to change the “Location” of my “Users” (and therefore also the “This PC”) “Documents” folder to the OneDrive “Documents” folder. So while in File Explorer if I right-click either the “Users” “Documents” or the...
  10. OneDrive Documents acts as default directory for Documents.

in Windows 10 Support
    OneDrive Documents acts as default directory for Documents.: Hi, everyone. I've trying out the new preview, 10240. Everything works fine except for the default documents folder (and the same for Images). As my screenshots reveal, by default the documents and images folder are the ones with OneDrive. (My system is in Spanish, but it...