Windows 10: User defined "Snap areas"

Discus and support User defined "Snap areas" in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] submitted by /u/tm07x [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/hfiy7b/user_defined_snap_areas/ Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/tm07x, Jun 25, 2020.

1. /u/tm07x Win User

User defined "Snap areas"

/u/tm07x, Jun 25, 2020
  2. Kreij Win User

Current active users that are friends

The other reason I suggested this is that users can add characters to their username that are not alphanumeric (e.g. user*). This confuses things somewhat when looking at the list.

Kreij, Jun 25, 2020
  3. Eric Ber Win User
    Snap Assist

Hi Cory,

The Snap Assist allows you to juggle apps, arrange open windows, resize windows by simply dragging and dropping them to the edges of the screen. If you don't want to get a quarter screen snap, you can change the settings of Snap Assist by follow the steps below:

• Open the Settings app
    • Click System.
    • Click Multitasking.
    • You can turn off some of the option of Snap Assist on this window.

If you want to disable Snap Assist, you can turn off Arrange windows automatically by dragging them to the sides or corners of the screen.

Should you have further queries, feel free to post it.

Eric Ber, Jun 25, 2020
  4. User defined "Snap areas"

Snap Server problem

Not sure where to post this, but here goes:

We have a medium-sized network (470 users, 43 groups), and use SNAP 1100 servers to host our roaming profiles for offsite properties. Everything has worked great until recently. New users are not able to pull up their profiles from the SNAP servers. Once they login (and receive a message stating their roaming profile cannot be located), they are able to access the SNAP server and the appropriate folders, so I do not believe it is a black and white permisisons issue.

The server will create the user folder, but it will not create anything beneath it. I have tried manually synchronizing the SNAP server with our Active Directory, so that new users will appear in the permissions list. Even if I give "Everyone" full access, new users still cannot load a profile from the server. The users are setup as Power Users on the local machine (as everyone has been setup in the past).

Reaching the end of my rope here. This has happened to 3 of our SNAP servers already, and is starting to effect dozens of new users. Any ideas?

BlackEskimo, Jun 25, 2020
Thema:

User defined "Snap areas"

1. User defined "Snap areas" - Similar Threads - User defined Snap

2. How to switch Input language to user defined key.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to switch Input language to user defined key.: I want to change my language changing key sequence other than ctrl + shift or leftAlt + shift or Grave Accent` ,modify into user defined key in window 11.Such as a singular key; rightAlt key or leftAlt key or combined with multiple keys; shift+ leftCtrl + leftAlt....
  3. Snap Window Not Working for specific user

in Windows 10 Customization
    Snap Window Not Working for specific user: Good day to you. My snap window not working. Anyone can help? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/snap-window-not-working-for-specific-user/1a494457-57d4-4ce4-8c2f-9689a3d0fc24
  4. How to snap app on start, to selected area?

How to snap app on start, to selected area?: Hi, I would like to snap app to given screen area on it's start, the same way you drag app to edge and it then "figure out" that it should fill left side of the screen etc. Is there a way, either using some start parameters or using Power-shell to start the process, and...
  5. Windows 10 User Account setup and defining

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Windows 10 User Account setup and defining: My current LT with Windows 10 Home during installs, etc now say "you don't have authority...".when changing, installing things that did not produce an error before. " I suspect my "Account/User Profile" maybe corrupted but when I check my "Local Account" name, it says it is:...
  6. Windows 10 User Account setup and defining

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 User Account setup and defining: My current LT with Windows 10 Home during installs, etc now say "you don't have authority...".when changing, installing things that did not produce an error before. " I suspect my "Account/User Profile" maybe corrupted but when I check my "Local Account" name, it says it is:...
  7. How to make snapped browsers "Full screen" within the snapped area.

How to make snapped browsers "Full screen" within the snapped area.: Hi guys, I know this is a complex one, I would like to have 4 browser windows open snapped to each corner but all displaying full screen; i.e. no tab or header bars present. i would like several youtube videos open at one time with no borders between them. I have a...
  8. windows startup user defined sound

windows startup user defined sound: Hello Team, I want to use windows startup tone as per my wish. I've already saved the audio file in '.wav' format in 'c:\Windows\media'. the file plays while test run. when I shut down and start again, NO TONE is being played. changed the tone to default, it works....
  9. Define/Crop area that Game Bar records

Define/Crop area that Game Bar records: I run 3 screens, but only want to record the middle one when i press "Windows +G" to access the Game Bar. I have unified the screen through my GPU surround setting, so that i think Windows only thinks i run 1 Screen. Is there a way to limit the capture area to the middle...
  10. Define wireless settings per user account

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Define wireless settings per user account: Hi, At home we have a shared PC running Win10 Pro which is used by adults and youngsters. I want to ensure that when youngsters use the PC then they access an Wifi accesspoint which does only gives them access to the internet but not internal file shares or other...