Windows 10: User does not have access privileges to multiple directories (Windows 10; 1903)

Discus and support User does not have access privileges to multiple directories (Windows 10; 1903) in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I am unable to access 2 directories. Microsoft Remote support has not be able to correct the problem. Online suggestions are specific, but cannot be... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by JerryAdelman, Jun 20, 2019.

1. User does not have access privileges to multiple directories (Windows 10; 1903)

I am unable to access 2 directories. Microsoft Remote support has not be able to correct the problem. Online suggestions are specific, but cannot be applied, either by myself or Microsoft 2 level support. Please help!!!

:)

JerryAdelman, Jun 20, 2019

2. Fix "insufficient privileges to access this directory"

Hi!

Try the following:

Step 1:

Manually change permissions to Full Control for the SYSTEM and Everyone groups for the folder C:\Documents and Settings\All Users.

On your keyboard, press Windows + R to open the Run window.

In the Open field, enter the path C:\ProgramData\COMMON FILES\ and click OK. A window opens and displays the folder contents.

In the Folder window, click Organize then choose Properties.

Windows 10: Select Properties on the top ribbon of folder window.

In the Properties window, go to the Security tab.

Click the Advanced button.

Click the Edit button.

Scroll down the list of Permission entries and double-click the SYSTEM user.

Select the checkbox for the Full Control row in the Allow column and click OK.

Repeat steps a to h with the Everyone group (if it exists).

Check the checkbox labeled Replace all existing inheritable permissions on all descendants with inheritable permissions from this object.

Click OK in both the Advanced Security Settings window and again in the COMMON FILES Properties window.

Step 2:

On your keyboard, press Windows + R to open the Run window.

Copy and paste RunDll32.exe shell32.dll,Options_RunDLL 0 and press Enter.

On the View tab, scroll to the bottom of the Advanced Settings list.

Clear the Use simple file sharing (recommended) checkbox.

Select OK and proceed with your program installation

https://community.intuit.com/articles/1586275-e...

Note: This is a non-Microsoft website. The page appears to be providing accurate, safe information. Watch out for ads on the site that may advertise products frequently classified as a PUP (Potentially Unwanted Products). Thoroughly research any product advertised
    on the site before you decide to download and install it.

The following is a trick from another user:

“Running the system file checker fixed the problem”

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/for...

juan de jm, Jun 20, 2019
  3. Scheduled tasks run with elevated privileges can't access stored Windows credentials

It seems that after Creators update scheduled tasks run with elevated privileges ('run with highest privileges' option) can't access stored Windows credentials. Is that a bug or an intentional change and is there a recommended workaround?

Here's one way to reproduce the behaviour:

• Start Credential Manger and add some Windows share credentials.
    • In a console window type 'cmdkey /list', which should list the added credentials
    • Create a task in a task manager:
      • Trigger: on user logon
      • Action: run cmd.exe
      • Tick the 'run with highest privileges' option
    • Reboot the machine and log in
    • In the console window (let's call it 'console 1') opened from the scheduled task type 'cmdkey /list'. This most likely won't display the credentials added in step 1 and properly listed in step 2. ->
      This looks like a bug
    • Now, without closing 'console 1' open another console window as an administrator (let's call it 'console 2') and type 'cmdkey /list'. This will properly list credentials added in step 1.
    • Switch to 'console 1' and type 'cmdkey /list' again. This time the credentials are listed properly, unlike in step 5. It looks like an access to Windows credentials was somehow 'unlocked' by step 6.

MarcinMrowiec, Jun 20, 2019
  4. Ahhzz Win User

User does not have access privileges to multiple directories (Windows 10; 1903)

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jun 20, 2019
Thema:

User does not have access privileges to multiple directories (Windows 10; 1903)

1. User does not have access privileges to multiple directories (Windows 10; 1903) - Similar Threads - User does access

2. Limited User Privileges and Access Issues on Windows 10 Enterprise

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Limited User Privileges and Access Issues on Windows 10 Enterprise: I am experiencing issues with limited user privileges on my Windows 10 Enterprise operating system. Whenever I try to install software, I receive an error message stating that "This user cannot sign in because this account is currently disabled."In addition, whenever I try to...
  3. Limited User Privileges and Access Issues on Windows 10 Enterprise

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Limited User Privileges and Access Issues on Windows 10 Enterprise: I am experiencing issues with limited user privileges on my Windows 10 Enterprise operating system. Whenever I try to install software, I receive an error message stating that "This user cannot sign in because this account is currently disabled."In addition, whenever I try to...
  4. Limited User Privileges and Access Issues on Windows 10 Enterprise

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Multiple user accounts in C:\Users directory

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Multiple user accounts in C:\Users directory: Multiple user accounts in C:\Users directory https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/multiple-user-accounts-in-cusers-directory/ca2d181b-88f4-4338-aeba-e880033fdd90
  6. Multiple user accounts in C:\Users directory

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Multiple user accounts in C:\Users directory: Multiple user accounts in C:\Users directory https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/multiple-user-accounts-in-cusers-directory/ca2d181b-88f4-4338-aeba-e880033fdd90
  7. Windows 10 1903 Multiple users audio issue

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10 1903 Multiple users audio issue: Hello, The problem is the following, I have Windows 10 1903, and there are 2 users on the PC. One of them is Admin and the other one is Kid's account. If you login with the kid's account, the audio does not work. The only way to make it work is if I log in with my main...
  8. The installer has insufficient privileges to access this directory

in Windows 10 Customization
    The installer has insufficient privileges to access this directory: The installer has insufficient privileges to access this directory: C:Program Files \Paradox Interactive\temp. The installation cannot continue. Log on as administrator or contact your system administrator. Пытался добавлять права и все равно не помогло. Прошу помощи....
  9. user does not have access privileges

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    user does not have access privileges: Split from this thread about Office for Mac Hi, Alex, I have the "user does not have access privileges" on two directories on my Windows 10 laptop, running 1809. 1903 has not rolled out to my laptop yet. I have worked with online techs. We reloaded OneDrive and synched....
  10. Fix "insufficient privileges to access this directory"

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Fix "insufficient privileges to access this directory": So, I want to install the Cisco AnyConnect VPN program. Every time I try it, this message shows up. I have already googled this issue a number of times and I haven't found the right solution yet. I have tried: - to run it as an administrator - to be logged in as an...