Windows 10: user error; Win10, desktop changed to black, icons still show on task bar, attemptng to...

Discus and support user error; Win10, desktop changed to black, icons still show on task bar, attemptng to... in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; mia culpa: in fiddling around the screen background and its apps vanished and I have a black screen with only the most basic icons (power, settings,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Singletond, Jul 15, 2019.

1. user error; Win10, desktop changed to black, icons still show on task bar, attemptng to...

mia culpa: in fiddling around the screen background and its apps vanished and I have a black screen with only the most basic icons (power, settings, docs …)

I could go through the "reset" procedure but there must be a simpler way to recover the desktop config.

Dave

:)

Singletond, Jul 15, 2019

2. cant change wallpaper all icon at desktop gone, but taskbar still have. win10

win10

use few day ok before

at today after start pc

wallpaper change to black

icon at desktop all gone

task-bar still can use.

when change wallpaper at themes when click the themes the background have flash the wallpaper 1~2 second then become back to black

the setting at "show desktop icon" is on

ease of access > other options "show windows background" is on

at explorer desktop have icon

try restart explorer at task manager still same

chew880714, Jul 15, 2019
  3. KomouPoji Win User
    Trying to move desktop icon to the task bar. Cannot make it “stick” to the taskbar

Hi,

To assist you further, let me ask.

• When you say “Trying to move desktop icon to the task bar”, you mean pin the excel workbook to the task bar?
    • what exactly when you try to stick the excel file to the taskbar?
    If you are trying to pin the excel workbook to the taskbar.

Follow the steps below.

• Click on the start menu, select the icon and right-click on the icon.

• From the list, select pin it to taskbar or pin it to start.
    Also, you can drag the icon from the desktop and drop on the task bar.

I hope the information is helpful and if the issue still persists, we’ll be glad to assists you.

Thank you.

KomouPoji, Jul 15, 2019
  4. sturpe Win User

user error; Win10, desktop changed to black, icons still show on task bar, attemptng to...

Cannot find Desktop Icon in File Explorer

Now that is interesting. If I do what you suggest, File Explorer Address bar changes to C:\Users\username\documents and the missing ICONS are there. But there is still not a "Desktop" folder.

Is this a step in the right direction?

sturpe, Jul 15, 2019
Thema:

user error; Win10, desktop changed to black, icons still show on task bar, attemptng to...

1. user error; Win10, desktop changed to black, icons still show on task bar, attemptng to... - Similar Threads - user error Win10

2. Screen is black but task bar shows

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Screen is black but task bar shows: A friend gave me a computer he wasn't using anymore but I can't get it to workThe computer turns on but the screen is black, only showing the taskbar. I can open apps from the taskbar but can't make them show up on my screen.When I boot it into safe mode however everything...
  3. Screen is black but task bar shows

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Screen is black but task bar shows: A friend gave me a computer he wasn't using anymore but I can't get it to workThe computer turns on but the screen is black, only showing the taskbar. I can open apps from the taskbar but can't make them show up on my screen.When I boot it into safe mode however everything...
  4. Icons not showing on the task bar

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Icons not showing on the task bar: The ions on the task bar keeps disappearing. Like few icons are visible and few are gone. Even thought the application is running. And in place of the icon there is a blank space I can click on icon to open the application and all the other stuff but it is the problem with...
  5. Icons not showing on the task bar

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Icons not showing on the task bar: The ions on the task bar keeps disappearing. Like few icons are visible and few are gone. Even thought the application is running. And in place of the icon there is a blank space I can click on icon to open the application and all the other stuff but it is the problem with...
  6. Win10 Task Manager Icon display in task bar

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Win10 Task Manager Icon display in task bar: In the "good old days", a couple of years ago, when I ran Windows Task Manager I could set it to display a small active icon in the right end of the task bar what is that area called ...?. It was a black box with green bar graph actively showing CPU use. Yellow arrow is...
  7. Win10 Task Manager Icon display in task bar

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Win10 Task Manager Icon display in task bar: In the "good old days", a couple of years ago, when I ran Windows Task Manager I could set it to display a small active icon in the right end of the task bar what is that area called ...?. It was a black box with green bar graph actively showing CPU use. Yellow arrow is...
  8. Win10 Task Manager Icon display in task bar

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  9. Win10, Icon in task bar black square

in Windows 10 Customization
    Win10, Icon in task bar black square: I have a shortcut on my desktop that opens a specific web page. I have created an icon for it, and the icon shows on the desktop. To get quicker access to it, I have pinned the shortcut to the task bar. That worked fine for a while. Then suddenly the icon turned to a black...
  10. Change icon in task bar

in Windows 10 Customization
    Change icon in task bar: I'm trying to change the Google icon in the task bar. I right click on the current icon, click on properties, click on change icon, select new icon, click on apply - and nothing happens!...