Windows 10: User file in C drive that is not a user file

Discus and support User file in C drive that is not a user file in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I've been having a huge fight with this problem for a day or so and I'm losing and getting tired. So this is me asking for help. It all started a few... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by SheIde51, Oct 9, 2019.

1. SheIde51 Win User

User file in C drive that is not a user file

I've been having a huge fight with this problem for a day or so and I'm losing and getting tired. So this is me asking for help.

It all started a few days ago when I received a notification from Windows that my account needed attending to. So I clicked on the notification and did what I was told to do. Then I noticed that Windows wanted me to sign-in again on the sign-in screen, which I hadn't done for some time. Then I noticed that in the bottom left corner of the sign-in screen there were two accounts listed, with different names, one of which I had never seen before. So I started looking at my accounts and anything peripheral to them for some explanation. I couldn't find anything. Then last evening I thought I would check out my C drive, Users, and there it was. It's full of files, many duplicate files from This PC and Quick Access. Looking closer I noticed it's a System file so deleting this so-called User seemed out of the question.

I would really appreciate some advice so I can fix this bleeping computer.

:)

SheIde51, Oct 9, 2019

2. User can't copy files from network share. Permission error.

Seems security essentials wasn't liking the file for the user for some odd reason. Thanks for your suggestions.

Hybrid_theory, Oct 9, 2019
  3. How to copy administrator user account

Hi,

I suggest you to follow the below steps to copy the user date and check if it helps.

Note: I suggest to create a new user profile and transfer user data to new account and delete or change the corrupt user profile.

Copy User Data: Follow the below steps to copy files to the new user profile

• Log on as a user other than the user whose profile you are copying files to or from.
    • In Windows Explorer, click View, and Check mark hidden files and folders, uncheck the
      Hide protected operating system files check box, and then click
      OK
    • Locate the C:\Users\Old Username folder, where
      C is the drive on which Windows is installed, and Old Username is the name of the profile you want to copy user data from.
    • Press and hold down the CTRL key while you click each file and subfolder in this folder, except the following files:

• Ntuser.dat

• Ntuser.dat.log

• Ntuser.ini
    • On the Edit menu, click
      Copy
    • Locate the C:\Users\New Username folder, where
      C is the drive on which Windows is installed, and New Username is the name of the user profile that you created in the "Create a New User Profile" section.
    • On the Edit menu, click
      Paste
    • Log off the computer, and then log on as the new user.

Keep us informed if the issue is resolved. We are glad to help you further.

Sachin Venkatesh, Oct 9, 2019
  4. User file in C drive that is not a user file

Removing a "hidden" user and user files

Thanks for your patience. I was able with "Net User" to remove the left over user. It no longer appears when I invoke Net User.

Now for the user's folder which remains behind. After performing the series of steps that you suggested, I attempted to delete this folder. The result again was an error message about permission
    User file in C drive that is not a user file 1579d3b5-d6d3-4481-ad8c-0dae5f689a1a.jpg

"Administrators" appears on the list in the list of advanced security.

RobertOBollinger, Oct 9, 2019
Thema:

User file in C drive that is not a user file

1. User file in C drive that is not a user file - Similar Threads - User file drive

2. Their is a file in my C:\Users

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Their is a file in my C:\Users: I found a file in my C:\Users folder along with 2 Junaid AliUser and Public foldersThe file name is JunaidFile Type Fileis it fine to delete that ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/their-is-a-file-in-my-cusers/e3681086-4711-416f-ba12-1db42247b4e1
  3. Their is a file in my C:\Users

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Their is a file in my C:\Users: I found a file in my C:\Users folder along with 2 Junaid AliUser and Public foldersThe file name is JunaidFile Type Fileis it fine to delete that ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/their-is-a-file-in-my-cusers/e3681086-4711-416f-ba12-1db42247b4e1
  4. "Users" on C Drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "Users" on C Drive: How do I change my name as it is incorrectly spelt? I think it got cut off. I'm going round in circles!! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/users-on-c-drive/57e36817-20ef-4675-af79-b27ca6fcd64c
  5. "Users" on C Drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    "Users" on C Drive: How do I change my name as it is incorrectly spelt? I think it got cut off. I'm going round in circles!! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/users-on-c-drive/57e36817-20ef-4675-af79-b27ca6fcd64c
  6. User file on wrong drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    User file on wrong drive: I remember 3-4 years ago I tried to mess around where default downloads are saved and I think messed with the user file. So when I go to my C: drive and go to C: users, I dont see a file with my name on it, instead all I see are the files named "18083", "default" and...
  7. User file on wrong drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    User file on wrong drive: I remember 3-4 years ago I tried to mess around where default downloads are saved and I think messed with the user file. So when I go to my C: drive and go to C: users, I dont see a file with my name on it, instead all I see are the files named "18083", "default" and...
  8. USERS FILE IN C DRIVE

USERS FILE IN C DRIVE: Can i transfer my users file from c: drive to anyother drive? Will it harm my windows in anyway? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/users-file-in-c-drive/de1198d6-5149-493e-aee3-d48c5cc04633
  9. Drive C \ User

in Windows 10 Customization
    Drive C \ User: I lost Drive C user. How i can i fix it ? [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/drive-c-user/5ea97251-777a-41cb-95db-e2fd6df9dc12
  10. files missing in C:\Users\user

files missing in C:\Users\user: Hello, so I have files in my desktop and document folders [ATTACH] however when i navigate to C:\Users\conan\Documents or C:\Users\conan\Desktop the files don't show up. [ATTACH] does anyone know how i can get the folders and files to show up properlly? I don't have...