Windows 10: User file won't delete

Discus and support User file won't delete in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I am trying to remove a user from my laptop but windows will not delete the remaining user file. I've deleted the spare user but when I go into... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by CatWeasle1, Apr 26, 2019.

1. User file won't delete

I am trying to remove a user from my laptop but windows will not delete the remaining user file. I've deleted the spare user but when I go into C:/Users/ the file for the user is still there and it will not delete. I get an error code 0x80004005 when I try which doesn't help.

I would appreciate your help as I wish to sell the laptop and the only personal thing on there is this user file with my name on it (I didn't do it, it was set up that way by the company that provided it).

Thanks

:)

CatWeasle1, Apr 26, 2019
  2. tops Win User

Skype won´t wok in 17063

Skype Won´t work... games won´t work...

Making backup and re-format...

Maybe I Install a Windows 7 again, At least, all of my games run smoothly ...Sadness!!

*Banghead

3. MohanC Win User
    windows 10 deleted my desktop files

Step 1 - I upgraded to Win 10 and lost all my files on Desktop.

Step 2 - Found the files in Network - USers- Desktop

copied all files again to desktop.

Step 3- Restarted my machine again and lost desktop files again.

Step 4 - As suggested did the following as listed below but dont find my files.

• Press “Windows + E”, open This PC/Computer
    • Open Local Disc C, open Windows.old
    • Click on Users, select your User name
    • Go to desktop folder
    Cant find my files. Why is Win 10 deleted files again and again from Desktop ?.

MohanC, Apr 26, 2019
  4. User file won't delete

Removing a "hidden" user and user files

Thanks for your patience. I was able with "Net User" to remove the left over user. It no longer appears when I invoke Net User.

Now for the user's folder which remains behind. After performing the series of steps that you suggested, I attempted to delete this folder. The result again was an error message about permission
    User file won't delete 1579d3b5-d6d3-4481-ad8c-0dae5f689a1a.jpg

"Administrators" appears on the list in the list of advanced security.

RobertOBollinger, Apr 26, 2019
Thema:

User file won't delete

1. User file won't delete - Similar Threads - User file won't

2. Zip file that won't delete

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Zip file that won't delete: Hello, I have been trying to delete an unextracted zip file from my documents. However, when I try to delete it, a message comes up saying that an unexpected error is keeping me from deleting the file....
  3. Delete a user file

Delete a user file: When i initially set up my pc I was unfamiliar with the process. I believe i set up a local admin account and then i added my spouse microsoft account as she had a 365 subscription. Since then i now have my own user admin microsoft account. I would now like to delete her user...
  4. Delete a user file

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Delete a user file: When i initially set up my pc I was unfamiliar with the process. I believe i set up a local admin account and then i added my spouse microsoft account as she had a 365 subscription. Since then i now have my own user admin microsoft account. I would now like to delete her user...
  5. WInmail files that won't delete

WInmail files that won't delete: I see all kinds of complicated ways to do this. However, I made a folder and put all the files that wouldn't delete in it, and then deleted the folder. Works like a charm and much easier than all those complicated answers that people are giving to the issue. Hope this helps...
  6. Deletion of deleted user's files.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Deletion of deleted user's files.: I'm deleting the files of an account that I have recently deleted off of my computer, and I'm worried that the files will not be on the other computer the account is on, I just want to make sure that the files I am deleting won't be deleted on the other computer. And sorry if...
  7. system32 and user file deleted

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    system32 and user file deleted: Hi please help I did a CHKDSK and now it has corrupted my Hard drive, it deleted system32 and user files but the hard drive says it does not have enough space Your help will be appreciated Regards Criz...
  8. Deleted user account but cannot delete all user files

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Deleted user account but cannot delete all user files: I deleted the previous user account on a laptop given to me by my friend (Joanne) and changed it to a new name (Serena). This seemed to work and when when I login it is with the new username. However there seems to be contradicting info about user accounts on my pc. The first...
  9. Temporary files won't delete

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Temporary files won't delete: Settings -> System -> Storage -> c:/ -> Temporary Files will not delete. I have 56gigs of temp files that I can't touch/find/remove. The delete temporary files will not work to clear this. I've tried various Ccleaner and disk clean up. Any help would be appreciated....
  10. Won't delete temporary files

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Won't delete temporary files: My Inspirio 14 laptop currently has 5.74 GB of useless files sitting around in it, but none of the tools to delete them are working. Both Disk Cleanup and the option in the menu at:Settings>System>Storage>This PC>Temporary Files. Disk Cleanup won't even start, even allowing...