Windows 10: User Folder DISAPPEARED Windows 10

Discus and support User Folder DISAPPEARED Windows 10 in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; It happened when I was adding a new folder to quick access. My user folder was also there. To clarify, I'm talking about the one with my username. My... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Mr_Sosig, Feb 21, 2019.

1. Mr_Sosig Win User

User Folder DISAPPEARED Windows 10

It happened when I was adding a new folder to quick access. My user folder was also there. To clarify, I'm talking about the one with my username. My user folder disappeared not only from quick access and can't be re-added, but it also disappeared from the users folder. Now, it still exists, mind you. If I open the start menu and click Personal Folder, it takes me there, and its path is still C > Users > Me. However, if I go into the users folder, my folder is not there. There is only Default and Public. I am the only user of the computer and yes I have all admin privileges. I am able to view hidden folders but I can't view this one. It's Schrodinger's folder. It's there and it isn't there.

:)

Mr_Sosig, Feb 21, 2019
  2. silkstone Win User

Disappearing folder

I've encountered a strange problem in windows 10 where I tried to delete a file in a folder, but ended up deleting the whole directory. It did so without the usual pop-up to confirm delete or say it was too big for the recycle bin. It was my Videos folder, so pretty big, but the disk allocation has also remained the same.

I've always had a problem with 'double icons' for the different user folders, including videos, and so I'm thinking it could have something to do with the whole thing, especially as now one of the two video folders has disappeared from the users folders.

The first thing i tried was 'Undo delete', but it just bought the folder back with non of the contents. Then, I went straight to Recuva, but it came up blank (there must have been over 50 videos in the folder)

I'm at a little bit of a loss as where to start looking for this disappeared folder and was hoping someone might have some suggestions?

Screenshots below:

User Folder DISAPPEARED Windows 10 upload_2017-4-1_22-11-14-png.png

silkstone, Feb 21, 2019
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Feb 21, 2019
  4. Nicrite Win User

Vista Ultimate - 'User' Folder Location

No tried that.

Can copy the entire folder to D; but Windows still points to C as the location. Can change personal folders location to a folder on D;, but this still leaves hidden files etc on C;. Thus meaning there are 2 Users folders. Have managed to change the Public folder location to D;, with some registry tweaks, but this doesnt seem to work for the entire folder.

any more suggestions

Nicrite, Feb 21, 2019
Thema:

1. User Folder DISAPPEARED Windows 10 - Similar Threads - User Folder DISAPPEARED

2. Disappearing folders Windows 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Disappearing folders Windows 10: My work folders have disappeared on windows 10 on my Toshiba Laptop. I have looked in all my other files to see if I accidentally misplaced them there is actually one huge folder that is missing. I looked in the trash. Also, most of my Icons on the desktop have disappeared,...
  3. My Users\{myname} folder has disappeared

My Users\{myname} folder has disappeared: If it's significant, I also use OneDrive, and my documents used to link to the This PC > Windows C: > Users > {myname} folder, but that Users folder now only contains Default, Public, and one other name sub-folders. It's a new computer, and One Drive worked great in moving...
  4. My user folder has just disappeared (NOT THE USERS FOLDER but the folder with my user’s...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    My user folder has just disappeared (NOT THE USERS FOLDER but the folder with my user’s...: Pls help submitted by /u/Delete-JakePaul [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/jibqp2/my_user_folder_has_just_disappeared_not_the_users/
  5. Windows 10 user profile folder in C:\users disappeared

Windows 10 user profile folder in C:\users disappeared: Hi, I tried to sign in to my local admin account and Windows loaded a temporary user instead of my user. I then tried to locate my user folder in C:\users but it's not showing there even with the hidden files view enabled. I can see in the registry my profile path and...
  6. Windows 10: user folder disappeared then desktop disappeared??

Windows 10: user folder disappeared then desktop disappeared??: First C:\user\proba000\ disappeared and while looking for it, my desktop icons disappeared. ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-user-folder-disappeared-then-desktop/411e6144-564e-4f51-9d94-ae2c67818809"
  7. Account folder under User disappeared

Account folder under User disappeared: Hi, Somehow, my user account folder (which should be Keqin Gu) under "c:user" disappeared along with all files in the document and picture folders. I had them restored from the backed up files, but they disappeared again when I log off and log on again. What can I do?...
  8. Files & Folder disappeared in Windows 10

Files & Folder disappeared in Windows 10: I installed SSD in my Laptop as 2nd drive. On the 1st HDD drive I already have Win 7 running. I installed Win 10 on SSD. I was booting either from HDD/SDD by changing the boot priority in BIOS. Later i wanted to install Lotus notes 9 on my Win 10 SSD & to have the same...
  9. Windows 10 Mail Folders Disappeared

in Browsers and Email
    Windows 10 Mail Folders Disappeared: I opened my Windows 10 Mail on my Laptop and all but one of my Folders (approximately 20) have disappeared. Can these be recovered in any way please, to my knowledge I didn't instigate any action to delete the Folders. I thank you in anticipation. 98379
  10. Windows 10 is making folders disappear?

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 is making folders disappear?: I have recently run into a problem with my new installation of Windows 10 on my Macbook Pro. It has been making folders that I create in the Downloads directory disappear. couple of days ago I was trying to make some new folders in the Downloads directory and every time I...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. user folder disappeared windows 10