Windows 10: user folder eating up 86gig help

Discus and support user folder eating up 86gig help in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; downloaded treesize and see that my user folder is 86gig help my hard drive is almost full! what can I delete?!... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by TraceyCampman, Jun 30, 2019.

1. user folder eating up 86gig help

downloaded treesize and see that my user folder is 86gig help my hard drive is almost full! what can I delete?!

:)

TraceyCampman, Jun 30, 2019

2. User Account folder name

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I understand that you are facing issues with changing the folder name under Users folder in Windows 10.

I suggest you to perform the below steps and check if it helps.

1. Open the File Explorer and double click on C drive.

2. Open Users folder from the list.

3. Click on the user name folder and then tap on F2 Key.

4. Change the name of the folder and hit on Enter Key.

5. It will ask for Administrator Permission and click on Ok.

6. Folder name will be changed.

Get back to us if you need any further assistance on Windows related issues and we will be glad to help.

Nyima Yonten, Jun 30, 2019
  3. Setting New Location Of User Folder to another User Folder

Hi Renee,

Having an easy access to the Desktop folder can give you a convenience on opening your files. Regarding your concern about the Desktop folder that was moved to the Downloads section, we recommend that you create a new local user or administrator account to
    resolve the issue.

To create a local user or administrator account, follow the steps listed on this
    link

In addition, to move your files from the Downloads folder back to the Desktop folder, we suggest that you manually copy and paste the files to avoid any data loss.

Feel free to post back if you need more help.

Eileen Gal, Jun 30, 2019
  4. user folder eating up 86gig help

Error Access Denied while acessing the folders from User> AppData folders on Windows 10

Hi,

Welcome to Microsoft Community and thank you for posting. We appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

I understand the inconvenience you are facing with access files and folders.

Do let us know the complete error code/ error message of this issue?

As you have tried with providing the permissions to each folder and issue persists after the restart, try the below and check if it helps.

Step 1: Try to disable the third party anti-virus software if installed any and check.

Step 2: As, as a work around, I suggest you to enable the built-in administrator account and check if this issue persists.

Steps to enable Built-in administrator.

• Press Windows + X key together on your desktop screen.
      • Click on Command Prompt (admin) to open Command Prompt.
      • Type the following command and hit Enter:
    • net user administrator /active: yes (Check for the spaces)
       4. Now log off from the current user and try to login to the administrator account that is enabled.  

Note: Please follow the same steps and type net user administrator /active: no to disable admin account after the troubleshooting is done. 

Step 3: I suggest you to refer to the below Microsoft article with 3-diffrent issues related to accessing the files and folders and check if it helps.

"Access Denied" or other errors when you access or work with files and folders in Windows

(Applies to Windows 10 as well)

Hope this information helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of the issue to assist you further.

Deepika Gowda, Jun 30, 2019
Thema:

user folder eating up 86gig help

1. user folder eating up 86gig help - Similar Threads - user folder eating

2. VmmemWSA eating up RAM

in Windows 10 Gaming
    VmmemWSA eating up RAM: Hi, today I noticed two instances of VmmemWSA running, one eating 2.123,0MB, the other one eating 168,5MB permanently, now I do not have VB or any other VM software installed and I've never had NmmemWSA shown before - How do I get rid of them?...
  3. VmmemWSA eating up RAM

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    VmmemWSA eating up RAM: Hi, today I noticed two instances of VmmemWSA running, one eating 2.123,0MB, the other one eating 168,5MB permanently, now I do not have VB or any other VM software installed and I've never had NmmemWSA shown before - How do I get rid of them?...
  4. Delivery optimization is eating up memory

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Delivery optimization is eating up memory: Edition Windows 11 Home Version 22H2 Installed on ‎21/‎09/‎2022 OS build 22621.1413 Experience Windows Feature Experience Pack 1000.22639.1000.0 Processor IntelR CoreTM i7-9750H CPU @ 2.60GHz 2.59 GHz Installed RAM 16.0 GB 15.9 GB usable Device ID...
  5. Svchost.exe in sysWOW64 eating up CPU

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Svchost.exe in sysWOW64 eating up CPU: I have a windows 10 pc and I noticed something wrong in the task manager, there is an unknown program that's running 50-80% on the CPU, and Its located in C:\Windows\SysWOW64, I recently installed a game from my old hard drive which is a pirated game and I'm not sure if...
  6. Antimalware Service eating up resources

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Antimalware Service eating up resources: So, I've just sorted out an issue with updates that was bugging me for 3 weeks:Quality Update 21H1 fails with error 0x800f0905 and starts over every - Microsoft CommunityJust about got my machine to a stage where it had started behaving itself and allowing me to work. Today...
  7. Help clearing things up regarding redirecting user folders

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Help clearing things up regarding redirecting user folders: Hi, I am a bit confused about redirecting user folders in Windows 10, that is move the user folders like Documents, Pictures, Music, etc FROM my C-drive which is the default drive, TO a new drive, for example D-Drive where I have my Old Documents, Picture and Music...
  8. SVCHOST eating up memory

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    SVCHOST eating up memory: What services of svchost should I disable? I think it's eating up my memory. I think if the computer has 2GB RAM, it should have only like 30-40% usage but I have 63% [img] [img] 31580
  9. ntoskrnl.exe eating up memory

ntoskrnl.exe eating up memory: The process (ntoskrnl.exe) with a task name System is eating up memory [img] I found on the other forums that Windows Update setting is causing it, but I can't disable it because when I try to disable it, I can't open Windows Upate AB0XMwa3knw 33538
  10. User folder loop eating up hard drive space

User folder loop eating up hard drive space: I installed Windows 10 a few weeks ago, but today I noticed that my 1TB hard drive only had 50GB left, despite it only being ~400GB full before the install. I ran Disk Cleanup and removed as much as I could, but it only cleared an additional 100GB. I then ran WinDirStat, and...