Windows 10: user folder full of users 00x numbered folder

Discus and support user folder full of users 00x numbered folder in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; Hi, I wander why my users folder is full of folders with numbers users name. This is a view of it. What's the reason for them? Can't I delete some? Or... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by philart, Jan 13, 2020.

1. philart Win User

user folder full of users 00x numbered folder

Hi,
    I wander why my users folder is full of folders with numbers users name.
    This is a view of it.
    What's the reason for them?
    Can't I delete some?
    Or
    I dual boot with Linux, under Linux can't I backup the folder and keep only some "latest" user version?

:)

philart, Jan 13, 2020
  2. Nicrite Win User

Vista Ultimate - 'User' Folder Location

No tried that.

Can copy the entire folder to D; but Windows still points to C as the location. Can change personal folders location to a folder on D;, but this still leaves hidden files etc on C;. Thus meaning there are 2 Users folders. Have managed to change the Public folder location to D;, with some registry tweaks, but this doesnt seem to work for the entire folder.

any more suggestions

Nicrite, Jan 13, 2020
  3. newn Win User
    Windows 7 - change user temp folder.

Hi all,
    i would like to change user temp folder, becausze i can't install Nero. How to do that? I know how to change Windows temp folder, but not user.

4. user folder full of users 00x numbered folder

Renaming the users folders

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

You are trying to rename the User folder, which can’t be done through the File explorer. Whatever user name you use of your User account, user account folder will have same name. You can rename the Subfolder of the User account folder but not User
    account folder.

If you want rename the User account folder, change user account name using the suggestion

Lets’ refer to these steps to rename the User account and check if that helps.

• Press Windows and X keys together.
    • Click on Control Panel, click on User Accounts.
    • Click on User account, then click on “Change your account name
    • If it’s prompting for password please enter and click on Yes. If you do not have password click on
      Yes.
    • Enter the new user name.
    • Click on change name.

Reference link for more information.

Windows 8 User Folder Rename.

Windows 8 User Folder Rename

Please do let us know if you need further help.

Mohammed Yaseer, Jan 13, 2020
Thema:

user folder full of users 00x numbered folder

1. user folder full of users 00x numbered folder - Similar Threads - user folder full

2. Lost Users folder

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Lost Users folder: In the properties for my C:\Users\ten24 folder, I checked "Hidden", hoping to be able to get to my AppData file. I wasn't paying attention to what happened after that, but now the ten24 folder is gone, with all of the files in Documents, etc. Is there someway for me to...
  3. Setting the user folder

Setting the user folder: I just got a new computer. I transferred files from my previous Windows 10 unit into the Users/MyName folder. The files that show up on the Desktop are in the Users/Public/Public_Desktop folder. How can I get windows to look in the Users/MyName folder for user files? Of...
  4. Restore user permissions for user folder

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Restore user permissions for user folder: Short story is i lost user permissions from the windows user (folder) I'm on and i need to restore them. I have windows 10 on a ssd nvme m.2 slot and another windows 10 installed on an hdd. I was on win 10 hdd and i accessed the user folder from win 10 ssd, it prompted me...
  5. Restore user permissions for user folder

in Windows 10 Support
    Restore user permissions for user folder: Short story is i lost user permissions from the windows user (folder) I'm on and i need to restore them. I have windows 10 on a ssd nvme m.2 slot and another windows 10 installed on an hdd. I was on win 10 hdd and i accessed the user folder from win 10 ssd, it prompted me...
  6. Consistency between users and Users folders

Consistency between users and Users folders: I am running W10 Pro x64 1511. The laptop came with a default account for USER, so the underlying subfolders of Users are in users\USER\. For various reasons I wanted to have them under my name i.e., users\FP\. So I added another admin user FP with which I login. However,...
  7. User accounts and folders

User accounts and folders: I am wondering whats the best owner account to use on user folders. Currently it was either system or unknown. I have been having trouble with a game not saving every time I saved which is why I thought of this. However I have now changed the owner on each user folder...
  8. No "Users" folder

No "Users" folder: On (LT1) "My PC"/Network I see 2 computers. The one I'm working on (LT1) and my other laptop (LT2). Under (LT1) & (LT2), there should be a "Users" folder (after proper login to (LT2) on both machines. On (LT1), no "Users" folder is seen. If I go to the second laptop and do...
  9. Duplicate/Different user folders in Quick Access user folder

in Windows 10 Support
    Duplicate/Different user folders in Quick Access user folder: Hey so I relocated Documents Downloads and Desktop to another drive. If I click my username under Quick Access on the side, I can see that those directories are right where they should be - right? This is supposed to be C:/Users/Brad/ but it's not. If I goto my user folder...
  10. Deleted User Folders

in Windows 10 Support
    Deleted User Folders: I have two users whose accounts have been deleted but their folders under C Users are re-created on restart after deleting them. Hang over from W7 but can anyone help me permanently delete the in W10? 9655