Windows 10: User folder gone?

Discus and support User folder gone? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Well i have an issue. I was trying to unhide the appdata folder in my C drive and i went into the properties. I remember seeing something about... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by InDanger223, Jan 7, 2020.

1. User folder gone?

Well i have an issue. I was trying to unhide the appdata folder in my C drive and i went into the properties. I remember seeing something about unhiding folders so i checked it, then hit apply and ok. when it was done my user was gone... When i log in I still see my username so i'm still logging into my account, i just don't see any folders. In C:Users I only see Public. I do not have a system restore/backup of any sorts.
    How can i fix this? Please help..

Also most of the stuff i had in my C drive is gone now

:)

InDanger223, Jan 7, 2020

2. Why did the startup window get cleared?

I didn't missed any step, the list was gone and gone , even after using lot of programs the programs were not listed in that list.

smartali89, Jan 7, 2020
  3. Nicrite Win User
    Vista Ultimate - 'User' Folder Location

No tried that.

Can copy the entire folder to D; but Windows still points to C as the location. Can change personal folders location to a folder on D;, but this still leaves hidden files etc on C;. Thus meaning there are 2 Users folders. Have managed to change the Public folder location to D;, with some registry tweaks, but this doesnt seem to work for the entire folder.

any more suggestions

Nicrite, Jan 7, 2020
  4. Kreij Win User

User folder gone?

Current active users that are friends

The other reason I suggested this is that users can add characters to their username that are not alphanumeric (e.g. user*). This confuses things somewhat when looking at the list.

Kreij, Jan 7, 2020
Thema:

User folder gone?

1. User folder gone? - Similar Threads - User folder gone

2. Public users folder gone

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Public users folder gone: My C:\Users\Public folder just vanished into thin air I didn't delete it or anything its just goneHow can I fix this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/public-users-folder-gone/358230a2-4692-4cc2-9b29-27b9248b0f3b
  3. Public users folder gone

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Public users folder gone: My C:\Users\Public folder just vanished into thin air I didn't delete it or anything its just goneHow can I fix this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/public-users-folder-gone/358230a2-4692-4cc2-9b29-27b9248b0f3b
  4. Public users folder gone

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. \Windows folder and \user folders gone; All other data perfectly fine...

\Windows folder and \user folders gone; All other data perfectly fine...: This is really an odd situation. Computer running Windows 10 was shutdown normally. When started it up a few days later it reported "Insert Boot Disk and press any key". Of course, it sounds like a bad hard drive. I've seen plenty, and can sometimes recover data from them....
  6. \Windows folder and \user folders gone; All other data perfectly fine...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    \Windows folder and \user folders gone; All other data perfectly fine...: This is really an odd situation. Computer running Windows 10 was shutdown normally. When started it up a few days later it reported "Insert Boot Disk and press any key". Of course, it sounds like a bad hard drive. I've seen plenty, and can sometimes recover data from them....
  7. \Windows folder and \user folders gone; All other data perfectly fine...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Renaming User folder gone wrong

Renaming User folder gone wrong: Hello there! I renamed my user folder via this method: https://youtu.be/XASJTN8Sr1I And suddenly on my main user windows is really slow and freezing in some windows, can't open thing and can't even search in the search tab. Does anyone know something about this?...
  9. User folder completly gone

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    User folder completly gone: I've changed the user name of the current windows user through an admin account. After a change in the registry and a reboot the whole data in the user folder is gone. I`ve tried to restore the data through the .bak and rename back. But it does not work. The recovery with...
  10. Users and files gone

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Users and files gone: When i turned on my pc, it took time, when it finally did, it gave me 2 options - one, to continue to windows; two to repair windows. Me thinking everything was fine, i just clicked continue. Finally it loaded up as usual but i had to press ctrl alt delete to login, which i...