Windows 10: User folder in the C: root directory

Discus and support User folder in the C: root directory in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have 8 folders in my User folder. Each folder contains from two to 29 items. Can I copy each of the seven smaller folders into the largest folder and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Judy PennellBurmeister, May 30, 2021.

1. User folder in the C: root directory

I have 8 folders in my User folder. Each folder contains from two to 29 items. Can I copy each of the seven smaller folders into the largest folder and then delete the seven smaller folders?

:)

Judy PennellBurmeister, May 30, 2021
  2. fussybob Win User

Can't save file in C:\ root directory

I want to save files in my C:\ root directory of my boot drive and get an error that "Required privilege is not held by the client". I am the sole user/administrator of this system. I went into C:, properties, security, and enabled permissions for everything and everyone.

I can make/delete new folders in the C: drive, and save/delete files in those folders.
    My Win 10 system works just fine, except for me to save a file in the C; root directory

I can save files from apps to the C:\, and if I save the same file again, it tells me it exists and if I want to overwrite it, so it is indeed saved to the root directory.

In windows explorer I can't see those saved files in the root directory.

Any suggestions?

fussybob, May 30, 2021
  3. gs99 Win User
    User folders in root C: drive

In my new Windows 10, these folders were generated:

• Intel
    • PerfLogs
    • Program Files
    • Program Files (x86)
    • Users
    • Windows
    Is there a policy of users generating new folders in this root C: drive?

On my old W7 PC I had several folders in C:, providing a shorter path for applications.

E.g. Is there an advantage when new Windows software is installed?

4. User folder in the C: root directory

Two random directories appear in C Root drive and in the USER directory

I keep getting two directories that show up in both the root of the C drive and in the User Directory. Each directory has a .MDB, .XLS, .XLSX, .JPG, .TXT, .RTF, .DOC, .DOCX, .SQL amd a .PEM file located in the directory. None of the files will open with
    the applications matching the extensions. The file names all appear to be randomized junk file names.

I keep deleting them and they reappearing.

Example of C Drive (ROOT)

User folder in the C: root directory 8de081dd-1286-4821-bc5f-fc4a228d24a0.jpg

Example of the Files in the Directory

User folder in the C: root directory 2117759a-33bf-46f4-a6fd-1549f2faa25b.png

BurnNotice206, May 30, 2021
Thema:

User folder in the C: root directory

1. User folder in the C: root directory - Similar Threads - User folder root

2. Multiple user accounts in C:\Users directory

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Multiple user accounts in C:\Users directory: Multiple user accounts in C:\Users directory https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/multiple-user-accounts-in-cusers-directory/ca2d181b-88f4-4338-aeba-e880033fdd90
  3. C:\Users Directory

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    C:\Users Directory: Good Afternoon, I have a machine that is a member of a domain. The user account logged onto the machine is a user not an administrator. I run a portable program requires no prior installation as an administrator. I enter domain admin credentials. These domain...
  4. Weird User Folder in Users Directory

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Weird User Folder in Users Directory: I have noticed that in my Users directory that the folder name for one of my users is "DESKTOP.7MODD72". Anyone have any experience with this happening? If so, what caused it? Windows 10 - Version 10.0.17763 Build 17763 submitted by /u/e-_-v [link] [comments]...
  5. C:\users directory?

in Windows 10 Customization
    C:\users directory?: My C:\users directory shows up as C:\Public\US SEAL 7.ico. Anyone know what's up with that? Thanks; https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cusers-directory/e798521b-7dab-4ae0-89f6-ade14e8fc0e7
  6. User folders in root C: drive

User folders in root C: drive: In my new Windows 10, these folders were generated: Intel PerfLogs Program Files Program Files x86 Users Windows Is there a policy of users generating new folders in this root C: drive? On my old W7 PC I had several folders in C:, providing a shorter path for...
  7. Temporary folders in Windows 10 root directory

Temporary folders in Windows 10 root directory: I have been running Windows 10, upgraded from Windows 7, for several years. All of that time the system has been adding "temporary" folders of the form MSIxxxxxx.tmp and pbtempxx and _xxxxxxxx_ which now amount to well over 1000 items and cannot easily be removed and arè not...
  8. Quixxxx.tmp directories on root

in Windows 10 Support
    Quixxxx.tmp directories on root: I have all these directories starting with Qui...tmp on one of my laptops. about 20-30 of them, all empty. I get nothing via google. Anyone ever seen this? 67218
  9. $xxx Folders in Root of C:

in Windows 10 Support
    $xxx Folders in Root of C:: I was under the impression that these folders would go away or can be deleted, BUT !! Has been some time from 1511 build was installed. C:\ $Windows -W " - BT C:\ $sysreset Still have .log and .xml from 12/26/2015 in them ( not the date of the last Windows Update) I...
  10. Can't save file in C:\ root directory

in Windows 10 Support
    Can't save file in C:\ root directory: I want to save files in my C:\ root directory of my boot drive and get an error that "Required privilege is not held by the client". I am the sole user/administrator of this system. I went into C:, properties, security, and enabled permissions for everything and everyone....