Windows 10: user folder keeps getting created every restart?

Discus and support user folder keeps getting created every restart? in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; So I delete it, and every time i restart its back. I keep getting a... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by klepp0906, Feb 10, 2020.

1. klepp0906 Win User

user folder keeps getting created every restart?

So I delete it, and every time i restart its back.

I keep getting a

users\\appdata\local\microsoft\inputpersonalization\textharvester\textharvester.dat

i dont even know where to begin so if anyone knows off-hand id be appreciative user folder keeps getting created every restart? :)

- - - Updated - - -

figured it out.

have to stop and disable the windows search service. Delete the offending folder. restart, then re-enable the service and life is good!

:)

klepp0906, Feb 10, 2020
  2. Tryx3 Win User

create user fails windows 10

Geoff,

This is a shot in the dark.

Several people have been reporting different problems logging in to newly created user accounts.

• They just get a user profile service failed message instead of your symptoms.
    • Whilst their symptom is different, it occurs to me that the cause might be the same.
    • The common factor is that it affects newly-created user accounts that have never been successfully logged into.

So, I suggest having a look at my explanations in Cannot create a new user account that can be login.

In short -

1 Try copying the NTUSER.DAT file from the [hidden] C:\Users\Default folder of a computer that does not exhibit the problem.

2 Try copying the whole [hidden] C:\Users\Default folder group from a computer that does not exhibit the problem.

3 Try recreating the [hidden] C:\Users\Default folder group using Kapil Arya's linked article.

I have nothing other than a gut feeling to justify suggesting these steps,

Best of luck,

Denis

Tryx3, Feb 10, 2020
  3. Setting New Location Of User Folder to another User Folder

Hi Renee,

Having an easy access to the Desktop folder can give you a convenience on opening your files. Regarding your concern about the Desktop folder that was moved to the Downloads section, we recommend that you create a new local user or administrator account to
    resolve the issue.

To create a local user or administrator account, follow the steps listed on this
    link

In addition, to move your files from the Downloads folder back to the Desktop folder, we suggest that you manually copy and paste the files to avoid any data loss.

Feel free to post back if you need more help.

Eileen Gal, Feb 10, 2020
  4. user folder keeps getting created every restart?

Cannot perform backup...Windows asks to create a folder

I am having problems with the back up files, and every time i get a back up i get this message ( Create the missing folder "
    C:\Windows\System32\config\systemprofile\OneDrive\CATS 6A", as listed in the error message). Create a missing folder was suggested by one of the community members, Pls let me know the steps to follow in order to create a missing folder.

Thanks,

Mac

siamaksadjedi, Feb 10, 2020
Thema:

user folder keeps getting created every restart?

1. user folder keeps getting created every restart? - Similar Threads - user folder keeps

2. Windows restarts and creates a new user file every month

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows restarts and creates a new user file every month: Each month or whenever I restart my computer, a new temporary file is created, I lose most of my desktop icons and have to reenter information on several programs like facebook to access them. I get into my email by logging into the account again and can see my emails, but I...
  3. Windows restarts and creates a new user file every month

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows restarts and creates a new user file every month: Each month or whenever I restart my computer, a new temporary file is created, I lose most of my desktop icons and have to reenter information on several programs like facebook to access them. I get into my email by logging into the account again and can see my emails, but I...
  4. Windows restarts and creates a new user file every month

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. creating user in AD restarting server

creating user in AD restarting server: Hellowhile creating a user account in AD my server 2012 r2 standard is restarting. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/creating-user-in-ad-restarting-server/cbf02fbc-81ee-4636-96dc-0c18207eadae
  6. Creating Folders in Users/OS

Creating Folders in Users/OS: Can I create a new folder in my User and/or OS folders I am doing this to create space in my onedrive. Or will this bug out my computer? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/creating-folders-in-usersos/c44b0f5d-5723-4d29-b924-1d8dd62ff091
  7. Creating Folders in Users/OS

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Creating Folders in Users/OS: Can I create a new folder in my User and/or OS folders I am doing this to create space in my onedrive. Or will this bug out my computer? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/creating-folders-in-usersos/c44b0f5d-5723-4d29-b924-1d8dd62ff091
  8. A OneDrive folder keeps being created in my user file

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    A OneDrive folder keeps being created in my user file: A few months ago I was working for a company I'll call Company X. As a part of my work I saved documents to Company's X's OneDrive folder which I was connected to by having my email through Company X synced with my laptop. I no longer work for this company, have disconnected...
  9. Explorer.exe keeps restarting every few seconds only for one user

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Explorer.exe keeps restarting every few seconds only for one user: Hello, strange problem occured. No additional software or updates were installed before as I know. Problem: Only for one user when I sign in, explorer.exe keeps restarting/crashing every few seconds. I can't use it in no way. Other users works fine. Explorer.exe Dump:...
  10. Wndows Keeps Creating User Folder

in Windows 10 Support
    Wndows Keeps Creating User Folder: When I first did a clean install of Windows 10 on my laptop, I moved my user 'Documents' folder to 'C:\DataFiles.' I have since created another partition and moved the 'Documents' folder to 'd:\DataFiles.' now even thpugh I delete 'c:\DataFiles' Windows contitues to re-create...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows restart moves files to users folder every time