Windows 10: User folder loop eating up hard drive space

Discus and support User folder loop eating up hard drive space in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; I installed Windows 10 a few weeks ago, but today I noticed that my 1TB hard drive only had 50GB left, despite it only being ~400GB full before the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by hxt, Jul 4, 2016.

1. HXT
    hxt Win User

User folder loop eating up hard drive space

I installed Windows 10 a few weeks ago, but today I noticed that my 1TB hard drive only had 50GB left, despite it only being ~400GB full before the install. I ran Disk Cleanup and removed as much as I could, but it only cleared an additional 100GB. I then ran WinDirStat, and this is what I got:

Is this normal? My user folder seems to be looping.

As far as I can tell, the $OF folder is for backups. I've disabled File Backup, and deleted everything except for the latest file version (I would clear everything if I could), but it didn't make much difference. I'm really not sure what's going on.

:)

2. How to: Perform a clean install using Reset this PC in Windows 10

We'll then i fell in a loop or something went afouly wrong because it eat up more space on my c:drive that is why i had to reformat the hard drive..hoping to have my 100 gig. Drive back..

At the time only had 4 gigs left.

.now i need help have to download Windows10 pro.

Christopher A.Gates, Jul 4, 2016
  3. LKoreis Win User
    C Drive filling up automatically

After downloading TreeSize I see that my Users folder in the C drive is eating up about 202G

MY photos take up about 93GB

but there is another folder taking up a lot of space under Users > my name> App Data > Roaming > Apple Computer > Mobile Sync

I don't sync my apple phone to my windows computer... is it safe to delete this file??

Thanks!

LKoreis, Jul 4, 2016
  4. philc43 Win User

philc43, Jul 6, 2016
Thema:

1. User folder loop eating up hard drive space - Similar Threads - User folder loop

2. Hard drive space being taken up

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Hard drive space being taken up: Hello Microsoft forums! So I have a problem on my computer with my hard drive, so, my hard drive is 111gb, i know its not alot but my computer broke and i had to get a new hard rive and this was the cheapest offer, but i was recently trying to download unreal engine to make a...
  3. My OS C: Drive is mysteriously eating up space….

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    My OS C: Drive is mysteriously eating up space….: So, about a week ago my C: drive space is about 101 GB and yesterday after I did my windows update, it went down to 74 GB. Now, I am stuck at 80.6 GB. Why is the Hard Drive keeps filling up by itself automatically for no reason on Windows 10? It will probably will go down...
  4. Local C drive eating up space, trying to find answer

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Local C drive eating up space, trying to find answer: I am seeing my C drive is running out of space. I usually have 2 instance of firefox running with alot of tabs, this translates to more memory. I am trying to find what is going on, I downloaded the WinDirStat, looked into some of the areas where its being used a lot. Btw, I...
  5. Local C drive eating up space, trying to find answer

in Windows 10 Support
    Local C drive eating up space, trying to find answer: I am seeing my C drive is running out of space. I usually have 2 instance of firefox running with alot of tabs, this translates to more memory. I am trying to find what is going on, I downloaded the WinDirStat, looked into some of the areas where its being used a lot. Btw, I...
  6. Something is eating up my C-drives free space

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Something is eating up my C-drives free space: Drive #1 - Samsung SSD 960 EVO 250GB 232 GB C: I'm able to find 50GB of files when I check, but I only have about 10GB of free space. I turned off hibernation, which gave me another 20GB. This was 4 days ago. Now I have about 10GB free space. My C-drive is the OS only,...
  7. Windows 10 eating my hard drive space

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 eating my hard drive space: Windows eating my drive, Windows folder is 12GB, Users folder is 15GB and the rest of space from 120GB SSD is dont know where :( Any help or ideas submitted by /u/AYEHANSAEED [link] [comments]...
  8. Freeing up space on hard drive.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Freeing up space on hard drive.: Hi , I need too free up space on my hard drive. Seems other users account for 154 gb I have no other users. In manage my account it only gives me the option to add family friends. How do I delete the other users and free up space? Any help will be appreciated ta...
  9. user folder eating up 86gig help

user folder eating up 86gig help: downloaded treesize and see that my user folder is 86gig help my hard drive is almost full! what can I delete?! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/user-folder-eating-up-86gig-help/de6a8eb2-70e3-4434-873e-31aacd73b5f3
  10. AppData folder using up 56% of hard drive space

AppData folder using up 56% of hard drive space: I have a friend with a laptop, Dell, with a 120GB SSD. Windows 10 The AppData folder now uses 62GB of space, far more than my 14 year old desktop. The only software installed is Office 365 Home and Student. This simply can't be right. Typical clean up scans have no...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. user folder is eating up space