Windows 10: User Folder on Desktop displays wrong Name

Discus and support User Folder on Desktop displays wrong Name in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello, soooo i just noticed, the User Files Folder, that can be displayed on the Desktop and Explorer (you know, the one with your Username) has... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Fredi_958, Nov 20, 2018.

1. Fredi_958 Win User

User Folder on Desktop displays wrong Name

Hello,

soooo i just noticed, the User Files Folder, that can be displayed on the Desktop and Explorer

(you know, the one with your Username) has changed it's mind to Display "Ordner" (German for Folder*).

This is the case for:

• My Desktop User Folder Icon (See image)
    • The Explorer Adress Bar, when opened*
    • The Userfolder Preview Icon in the settings for Desktopsymbols
    • The same things above for a New created test user
    • Changing the System Language changed the Text to "Folders", wich means, that it's not something written in stone and it is translated somewhere

For some Reason, the folder is also found by Windows, when i enter the normal name of the folder.

I already searched the Registery and found some entries for this folder, but when i compared them with a computer that does not has this issue, I did not found any differences, hence i didn't change anything.

User Folder on Desktop displays wrong Name ed1af505-6ffd-4430-9cf9-8b88dcfb8fd2?upload=true.png

(Not my username at all).

I'm currently running Windows 10 1803 Pro.

Unfortunately i recently cleaned the temporary files and,with it, all system restore points.

But there must be something wrong in the registery or Files it references i think.

:)

Fredi_958, Nov 20, 2018

2. User Account folder name

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I understand that you are facing issues with changing the folder name under Users folder in Windows 10.

I suggest you to perform the below steps and check if it helps.

1. Open the File Explorer and double click on C drive.

2. Open Users folder from the list.

3. Click on the user name folder and then tap on F2 Key.

4. Change the name of the folder and hit on Enter Key.

5. It will ask for Administrator Permission and click on Ok.

6. Folder name will be changed.

Get back to us if you need any further assistance on Windows related issues and we will be glad to help.

Nyima Yonten, Nov 20, 2018
  3. User's Name Desktop Folder changed it's name to "Folders"

I have a problem with my User Folder.

Actually the User Folder name is fine, but when you add the Folder on the desktop (with the option on Personalize + Themes) it changed it's name to "Folders"

I've tried creating new users, but every new user I create, no matter how you name that user, when you active the user folder on the desktop it appears as "Folders".

Does anyone have a solution for this? It's not like a big problem but it disturbs my visual.

Thanks.

Best regards to all.

Matias Pagani, Nov 20, 2018
  4. KidmanPE Win User

User Account folder name

Well... that accomplished absolutely nothing! F2 alone brought up my volume bar. Ctrl-F2 = nothing! Fn-F2 = nothing! And, finally, Alt-F2 = nothing! What's supposed to happen when I "click" the User [my (sorta) name] folder and press the F2 key?!

KidmanPE, Nov 20, 2018
Thema:

1. User Folder on Desktop displays wrong Name - Similar Threads - User Folder Desktop

2. Configure user folder name on user creation, NOT with display name

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Configure user folder name on user creation, NOT with display name: Office 365 organization with several users, we use some extended characters for user names, like call it to a designer optionIssue, as a user creates an account within windows, the user folder gets name after the display name, not after de user email, and that's seems a bug,...
  3. Configure user folder name on user creation, NOT with display name

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Configure user folder name on user creation, NOT with display name: Office 365 organization with several users, we use some extended characters for user names, like call it to a designer optionIssue, as a user creates an account within windows, the user folder gets name after the display name, not after de user email, and that's seems a bug,...
  4. Wrong profile name displayed

in Windows 10 Customization
    Wrong profile name displayed: Hi, i noticed at times that windows has my son's name listed with his email for example at the top of the settings dashboard? Is that because he has somewhere logged in to his microsoft account on my desktop. How do i get rid of this and display my own details? Thank you....
  5. Display desktop name

Display desktop name: Is it possible to display the name of the desktop one is working on in Microsoft Windows 10. You can do Win+tab but this opens the entire history line which kills focus. You can hack with always-on windows and rename the windows with the specific desktop and display it on...
  6. my user name folder turned into desktop icon folder

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    my user name folder turned into desktop icon folder: hi guys, i did something unaware,and my name folder under users has changed to desktop folder...and all the files and folder in it are now displaying on my desktop..i have tried to rename..but it is throwing error!![ATTACH]...
  7. Windows Explorer Displaying Wrong Name for User Profile Folder

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows Explorer Displaying Wrong Name for User Profile Folder: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/TheRealHourglass [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/dpvnou/windows_explorer_displaying_wrong_name_for_user/
  8. Change user name and user folder name

Change user name and user folder name: My Lenovo/Windows setup has chosen a stupid user name for me, shortened from the first letters of my MS account ID. How do I safely change my user name on my PC, and more importantly, my c:\users\user folder name whilst maintaining my Windows account name for logging in etc?...
  9. User's Name Desktop Folder changed it's name to "Folders"

User's Name Desktop Folder changed it's name to "Folders": I have a problem with my User Folder. Actually the User Folder name is fine, but when you add the Folder on the desktop (with the option on Personalize + Themes) it changed it's name to "Folders" I've tried creating new users, but every new user I create, no matter how...
  10. User Account Folder has Wrong Name

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    User Account Folder has Wrong Name: Just got a new Tablet PC. As it took me through the initial setup process, it truncated my User Name to the first letter. For example, for my username I entered 'Fred' but when I hit Enter the name was shown as 'f' and no way to get back to that screen to change it. After...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows user folder wrong name