Windows 10: User folder says it is a backup

Discus and support User folder says it is a backup in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi, my user folder on my D: drive says it is a backup and when I click on it, it asks if I want to restore from that folder. When I look at what files... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by kittigrew, May 30, 2019.

1. kittigrew Win User

User folder says it is a backup

Hi, my user folder on my D: drive says it is a backup and when I click on it, it asks if I want to restore from that folder. When I look at what files are in it, it seems to only be a backup of my C: drive. I can still access all of my files by using the quick access on the side, but if I look at where those files are, the path says they are in my user folder. It also shows that the size is 0 bytes. I can still access and open my files, but programs cannot because the path is invalid.

:)

kittigrew, May 30, 2019

2. Cannot 'add folder' to Backup, error code 0x80070032 (Win10)

Hi,

Is the external drive a NTFS format?

The custom library files that are stored in your user profile will not be backed up.

Try the following suggestions and check.

• Move the library folder from the user profile path to a location outside the user profile path. For example, move the folder to the C:\MyLibraries folder.
    • Exclude the library from the list of files that Windows Backup backs up. Then, include the original location of the content in the library in the backup list.
    • Move the library folder to a location other than the user profile folder. Then, add a link to the moved folder from the library. Make sure that the library is included in the backup.
    Hope this helps.

Niranjan Manjhi, May 30, 2019
  3. larrymcg Win User
    Backup (Win7 version) says can't find windows.old

I'm using the Win7 Backup and Restore on my Win 10 system. Sometime after he big update happened I decided to get rid of the C:\Windows.old\ folder and used Disk Cleanup to do it. It said it did but some parts of the folder remained. IIRC I manually deleted the left over parts. So now there is no Windows.old folder.

However, subsequent backups have reported that some files were skipped and lists C:\Windows.old\ as the skipped file.
    I have used system Error Checking facility to check the C disk and it says everything is fine. And Disk Cleanup does not list any previous versions of Windows to clean.

I believe the backups are OK but I don't like the backup saying it didn't complete successfully.

Suggesting on how to make this error go away?

-- Larry

larrymcg, May 30, 2019
  4. Nicrite Win User

Vista Ultimate - 'User' Folder Location

No tried that.

Can copy the entire folder to D; but Windows still points to C as the location. Can change personal folders location to a folder on D;, but this still leaves hidden files etc on C;. Thus meaning there are 2 Users folders. Have managed to change the Public folder location to D;, with some registry tweaks, but this doesnt seem to work for the entire folder.

any more suggestions

Nicrite, May 30, 2019
Thema:

1. User folder says it is a backup - Similar Threads - User folder says

2. Automatic Folder Backup

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Automatic Folder Backup: DO NOT ENABLE FOLDERS BACKUP TO ONEDRIVE AUTOMATICALLY WHEN INSTALLING WINDOWS 10DO NOT MAKE ANY DECISIONS FOR USER WITHOUT THEIR APPROVALDO NOT https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/automatic-folder-backup/9d674523-3673-488f-b9e0-8b9b98aa5e67
  3. Automatic Folder Backup

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Automatic Folder Backup: DO NOT ENABLE FOLDERS BACKUP TO ONEDRIVE AUTOMATICALLY WHEN INSTALLING WINDOWS 10DO NOT MAKE ANY DECISIONS FOR USER WITHOUT THEIR APPROVALDO NOT https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/automatic-folder-backup/9d674523-3673-488f-b9e0-8b9b98aa5e67
  4. Cannot change user profile folder name as administrator. The interface says that the user...

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Cannot change user profile folder name as administrator. The interface says that the user...: For some reason with the latest update I cannot change the user profile folder name while being the administrator. I have checked the task manager to see if the a program is running in the background preventing the folder from being renamed but from what I can see I do not...
  5. Backup to folder?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Backup to folder?: So i do have this TrueNAS NAS and connected it to Nextcloud because i want to have a bigass backup system for my private PC. Now i would like backup onto it but windows needs a drive to do such a thing and NextCloud provides me with only a folder. What do i do? 177876
  6. backup files/folders

backup files/folders: I need to recover files/folders from backups performed by previous versions of Windows. I presently use Windows 10, and when I click on to select a folder, I get a message that the files/folders are not partitioned etc., and need to be fixed first. On Settings, it shows that...
  7. Access user folders for information backup.

in Windows 10 Support
    Access user folders for information backup.: It is necessary to open this folder for possible backup of information on this disk, click continue to access the files on your disk. type: hard disktoshiba1tb It is taking longer than normal to load. How else can I access these folders. Please thanks [img] 156699
  8. Backup data folders

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Backup data folders: Hello, I'm looking for a software that backup data folders: - The master folder (A) should be untouched - The destination folder (B) should be the perfect copy of (A) - Case sensitive - A file with the same size and date but with different metadata should be updated on the...
  9. Backup of Users folder seen as system folder post Win10 clean install

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Backup of Users folder seen as system folder post Win10 clean install: Hi All, I've recently setup a clean install of Win10 onto a new system. Prior to this I backed up my 'Users' folder from the old setup (also Win10) onto my d:\ drive, on a second HDD. Now that the system is up and running, I've noticed that the backup 'Users' folder is...
  10. User folder says empty

User folder says empty: I have just bought a new laptop and have added it to my network, I am trying to open the user file from another computer on the network but when I open it I get a pop up that says the file is empty. I can access it from my little note book and all the files are there but not...