Windows 10: User folder seems to be taking up a lot of space

Discus and support User folder seems to be taking up a lot of space in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have a 128 GB SSD and 1 TB HDD but the SSD is full, even though all of my photos and videos and documents are on the HDD. I downloaded TreeSize Free... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by JGray5, Jun 18, 2020.

1. JGray5 Win User

User folder seems to be taking up a lot of space

I have a 128 GB SSD and 1 TB HDD but the SSD is full, even though all of my photos and videos and documents are on the HDD. I downloaded TreeSize Free and it shows that there are 66.9 GB or so in my user folder. How can I free up some of this space? User folder seems to be taking up a lot of space fa197837-a88f-4fef-a79a-fefa7cc8539b?upload=true.png

:)

JGray5, Jun 18, 2020
  2. Ra1009 Win User

softwaredistribution.bak folder takes a lot of memory

The softwaredistribution.bak folder on Win 10 takes 11.2 gb of memory and the windows folder takes a whole of 34.2 gb. I have a 128 ssd and this is taking a lot of space, I don't think it should take this much space. I'm thinking of deleting the backup
    folder, is it alright?

Ra1009, Jun 18, 2020
  3. Rich 432 Win User
    User folder on C drive is taking up disc space

I am using a relatively new (under 3 months) laptop with 120gb ssd. The user folder on C drive is now taking up over 80gb of space. I keep all photos etc on an external - any suggestions as to what is happening - this drive should be virtually empty

Rich 432, Jun 18, 2020
  4. DaveM121 Win User

System Taking Like All of my space ._.

Windows File Explorer is not great at finding out where your hard drive space is being used . . .

• Click HERE to download a small free utility Called TreeSize.
    • Run that utility as Administrator
    • Point it to your C Drive
    • Let the list of files/folders build
    • Expand out the folder(s) that are taking all your hard drive space
    • Please provide a screenshot of the resulting window in order for us to make a better analysis of what is happening with your system and suggest a remedy

DaveM121, Jun 18, 2020
Thema:

1. User folder seems to be taking up a lot of space - Similar Threads - User folder seems

2. Xbox Games folder in C drive taking up a lot of space

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Xbox Games folder in C drive taking up a lot of space: Hello! Recently, I have found out that I had absolutely no free space left, but I didn't have any big files, not that I know of. I used WinDirStat and found out that it was all coming from the Xbox Games folder. I checked the folder, and realized that it was the Master Chief...
  3. Xbox Games folder in C drive taking up a lot of space

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Xbox Games folder in C drive taking up a lot of space: Hello! Recently, I have found out that I had absolutely no free space left, but I didn't have any big files, not that I know of. I used WinDirStat and found out that it was all coming from the Xbox Games folder. I checked the folder, and realized that it was the Master Chief...
  4. Xbox Games folder in C drive taking up a lot of space

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. System and reserved taking up a lot of space

in Windows 10 Gaming
    System and reserved taking up a lot of space: I'm trying to install some games on my laptop 512 GB SSD and went to check on my storage to see what I can delete. Then I realized that system and reserve is taking up 234 GB of storage. When I looked into the details, it said System files 20.1 GB, Reserved storage 7.04 GB,...
  6. System and reserved taking up a lot of space

System and reserved taking up a lot of space: I'm trying to install some games on my laptop 512 GB SSD and went to check on my storage to see what I can delete. Then I realized that system and reserve is taking up 234 GB of storage. When I looked into the details, it said System files 20.1 GB, Reserved storage 7.04 GB,...
  7. Unkown user is taking a lot of space

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unkown user is taking a lot of space: I have been having this problem for a while, I have recently enabled and opened the Administrator account which took around 1 hour to load which was probably making the account files. In the user and family tab it isn't showing anything with both the admin account enabled and...
  8. Unkown user is taking a lot of space

Unkown user is taking a lot of space: I have been having this problem for a while, I have recently enabled and opened the Administrator account which took around 1 hour to load which was probably making the account files. In the user and family tab it isn't showing anything with both the admin account enabled and...
  9. Unkown user is taking a lot of space

10. "Users" folder taking up large amounts of disk space!

"Users" folder taking up large amounts of disk space!: I have a 512GB SSD and I went to delete some file as I have ~40GB left and realized that the "Users" folder was taking up over 300GB of disk space! I went through the folder and nothing using that much space showed up... How do I fix this? I really need space as I am a video...