Windows 10: User folder ****

Discus and support User folder **** in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Why does the microsoft userfolder have such a stupid naming policy and even worse cannot be changed? Will this be changed in the future? Is there a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by ThomasLatzko, Jun 27, 2020.

1. User folder ****

Why does the microsoft userfolder have such a stupid naming policy and even worse cannot be changed? Will this be changed in the future? Is there a workaround?

:)

ThomasLatzko, Jun 27, 2020
  2. Nicrite Win User

Vista Ultimate - 'User' Folder Location

No tried that.

Can copy the entire folder to D; but Windows still points to C as the location. Can change personal folders location to a folder on D;, but this still leaves hidden files etc on C;. Thus meaning there are 2 Users folders. Have managed to change the Public folder location to D;, with some registry tweaks, but this doesnt seem to work for the entire folder.

any more suggestions

Nicrite, Jun 27, 2020
  3. Kreij Win User
    Current active users that are friends

The other reason I suggested this is that users can add characters to their username that are not alphanumeric (e.g. user*). This confuses things somewhat when looking at the list.

Kreij, Jun 27, 2020
  4. User folder ****

Setting New Location Of User Folder to another User Folder

Hi Renee,

Having an easy access to the Desktop folder can give you a convenience on opening your files. Regarding your concern about the Desktop folder that was moved to the Downloads section, we recommend that you create a new local user or administrator account to
    resolve the issue.

To create a local user or administrator account, follow the steps listed on this
    link

In addition, to move your files from the Downloads folder back to the Desktop folder, we suggest that you manually copy and paste the files to avoid any data loss.

Feel free to post back if you need more help.

Eileen Gal, Jun 27, 2020
Thema:

User folder ****

1. User folder **** - Similar Threads - User folder ****

2. Users Folder

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Users Folder: I recently installed Win 10 Home 22H2 OS Build 19045.2604 in my PC.I am signed in with my Microsoft account, <Username>/Admin. There is only one user account in the PC.In File Explorer, I see, This PC > Local Disc C > Users > Admin as the file path. I do not see a file path...
  3. Users Folder

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Users Folder: I recently installed Win 10 Home 22H2 OS Build 19045.2604 in my PC.I am signed in with my Microsoft account, <Username>/Admin. There is only one user account in the PC.In File Explorer, I see, This PC > Local Disc C > Users > Admin as the file path. I do not see a file path...
  4. Users Folder

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. User folders

User folders: Hi, why I got this 2 folders instead of one and why my things go to the second one instead of the default https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/user-folders/635750fb-d284-4a01-b184-a16db430f2bd
  6. User folders

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    User folders: Hi, why I got this 2 folders instead of one and why my things go to the second one instead of the default https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/user-folders/635750fb-d284-4a01-b184-a16db430f2bd
  7. Users folder

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Users folder: I have a few win 7 machines that the c:/users/ actually shows up as "temporary burn folder".I am baffled and unable to get it to show up as users in file explorer. Does anybody have any thoughts as to how to fix this....
  8. Users folder

Users folder: So I have 3 folders under Users. I have one of just my name, one of my name with "DESKTOP" and a number and letter code after, and a public folder. I just want to know how I can only have 1 folder with everything in it, and how to change the name....
  9. User Folders

User Folders: Guys, I know why this happens that in my desktop, it says my username but in the C drive, it says 'user'. But can you tell me how I can rename the folder in the C drive? I know I don't need to do it, but I want to.[ATTACH]...
  10. No "Users" folder

No "Users" folder: On (LT1) "My PC"/Network I see 2 computers. The one I'm working on (LT1) and my other laptop (LT2). Under (LT1) & (LT2), there should be a "Users" folder (after proper login to (LT2) on both machines. On (LT1), no "Users" folder is seen. If I go to the second laptop and do...