Windows 10: User folders duplicates solution?

Discus and support User folders duplicates solution? in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; Hello there! Straight to the point: In Win10 I've set the default location for docs, music, videos, and pictures to be on my second drive "D" in the... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by Niko Todd, Jan 17, 2019.

1. Niko Todd Win User

User folders duplicates solution?

Hello there!

Straight to the point:
    In Win10 I've set the default location for docs, music, videos, and pictures to be on my second drive "D" in the "Change where new content is saved" settings and now I have D:/Niko/(all of the above). But when I go to C:/Users/Niko I have the same folders remaining there. So I now have duplicates. I tried to delete them but they reappeared after the first restart.
    Same goes for OneDrive - I've set it to be on my "D" drive, but there is still another empty OneDrive folder under C:/Users/Niko.
    This is what I have now for an example:
    D:/Niko/Documents
    C:/Users/Niko/Documents

I've tried Google but nothing helped.
    Any help would be appreciated.
    Cheers!

:)

Niko Todd, Jan 17, 2019
  2. Eric-Kell Win User

Duplicate User folder.

I moved my default Pictures, Documents, Music folders to a new Data partition (D).

My Users/myName folder remained on the C partition.

Everything was fine for 2 years.

For some reason this myName folder is now duplicated on the D partition (D\myName)

I have now a default documents folder in

• D\Documents
    • D\myName\Documents
    • Onedrive\Documents
    • C\Users\myName\Documents
    The same with the other system folders.

I can not change the location of the folders in the 2 duplicate user folders.

Rightclicking in properties, there is no location option.

Only the folders in OneDrive and the D partition have this option.

Any ideas?

Eric-Kell, Jan 17, 2019
  3. Argel Obm Win User
    Duplicate User folder.

Hi Eric,

To better understand the concern, kindly provide us the following information:

• How did you move the default folders? Did you move it one by one or did you copy your user folder and paste it on the partition?
    • What other folders are on your partition besides the default folders?
    • Are you experiencing any problems on your computer when you noticed that you have a duplicate folder on your partition? If so, kindly explain to us the problem you're experiencing.
    If possible, kindly send us screenshots of the properties of the default folders on your C: and D: partitions.

We'll be waiting to your response.

Argel Obm, Jan 17, 2019
  4. User folders duplicates solution?

Duplicate Public Folders

Hi,

To further identify the cause of this problem, can you provide us the following information?

• What happens when you delete the duplicate folders?
    • Does it happen to all of your folders or only those with pictures?
    • Any steps you've tried to troubleshoot this issue?

Regards.

Engelsen Fad, Jan 17, 2019
Thema:

User folders duplicates solution?

1. User folders duplicates solution? - Similar Threads - User folders duplicates

2. Duplicate User folders and files

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Duplicate User folders and files: I sent my laptop off to Costco repair for a warranty problem -- the hinge had broken. For some reason unknown to me, they reloaded Windows. Not sure what that had to do with the hinge, but at least I can use the laptop again. Anyway, I now have multiple Documents, Pictures,...
  3. Duplicate User folders and files

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Duplicate User folders and files: I sent my laptop off to Costco repair for a warranty problem -- the hinge had broken. For some reason unknown to me, they reloaded Windows. Not sure what that had to do with the hinge, but at least I can use the laptop again. Anyway, I now have multiple Documents, Pictures,...
  4. Duplicated user folders

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Duplicated user folders: Hey everyone. Here's my issue: I changed the location of my Documents folder, more specifically the one that shows up in Quick Access, away from OneDrive, but I found that there's a second Documents folder that's still set to the OneDrive folder even tho I deleted it and...
  5. Duplicated user folders

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Duplicated user folders: Hey everyone. Here's my issue: I changed the location of my Documents folder, more specifically the one that shows up in Quick Access, away from OneDrive, but I found that there's a second Documents folder that's still set to the OneDrive folder even tho I deleted it and...
  6. Duplicated user folders

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Duplicate user folder on desktop

Duplicate user folder on desktop: I recently reinstalled windows 10 21H1 because I had some system file corruption. After I was sure everything was ok I removed Windows.old using the remove function in settings/storage/temp files. I noticed that there is a folder on my desktop with my user name. It is the...
  8. Duplicates in File & Folders structure solution needed!

Duplicates in File & Folders structure solution needed!: Hallo Community, I need to find a solution for duplicate folders on an external hard drive that is being used by multiple people. I need to redesign the files & folders structure at my company. One of their requirements is that they don't want duplicate files & folders in...
  9. User folders duplicates solution?

in Windows 10 Support
    User folders duplicates solution?: Hello there! Straight to the point: In Win10 I've set the default location for docs, music, videos, and pictures to be on my second drive "D" in the "Change where new content is saved" settings and now I have D:/Niko/(all of the above). But when I go to C:/Users/Niko I have...
  10. Duplicate subfolders in User folder

in Windows 10 Support
    Duplicate subfolders in User folder: Hi there. Have been working with Build 10074 for several days. Just realized yesterday that my main user folder has duplicate sub-folders (2 Documents, 2 Music, 2 Videos, 2 Downloads, 2 Pictures). They are the same size, have the same properties). Whichever one I delete,...