Windows 10: User forgotten password and pin to log into Windows PC

Discus and support User forgotten password and pin to log into Windows PC in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hi a user has forgotten their password and pin to log into their PC also forgotten password for Microsoft account and email where anything can be... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Darren Millar, Apr 24, 2023.

1. User forgotten password and pin to log into Windows PC

Hi a user has forgotten their password and pin to log into their PC also forgotten password for Microsoft account and email where anything can be recovered to. Is is possible to create a bootable windows from a memory stick and sort it out that way without losing any data? or perhaps another way? Thanks :

:)

Darren Millar, Apr 24, 2023

2. Password forgotten - stuck on login screen

Hi Linda,

Issue reported: You are required to sign-in to your Windows 10 PC provided the main account is locked out due to forgotten Password/Pin.

Scope: Although! there is no way to hack into an admin account, which is locked out by a Password or a Pin. However, you must have a Microsoft account associated with a machine. If you do, we can try performing below mentioned troubleshooting steps.

The first thing we should check before performing troubleshooting steps, as how many users are assigned to that machine, if you have another user account which can be used to perform command prompt tasks, try to log-in using that user account or if no choice, use a guest account.

Troubleshooting steps:

• Try to log-in using another admin account or use a guest user account.
    • Type ‘cmd’ in the search box and perform a right click on it and then left click on ‘run as administrator’.
    • It may ask you to sign-in using your Microsoft account (your email address and a password associated with your Microsoft account).
    • Once the ‘cmd’ box is opened then type “net user administrator /active:yes” then hit ‘enter’.
    • Restart your machine
    • Login using ‘Administrator’ account in Windows 10. It takes no password, would let you in, without a password.
    • Type ‘Control Panel’ in the search box and then click on User Accounts.
    • Right click on the User Account in question, which is locked out and then click on ‘remove password’.
    • If the remove password option doesn’t work, try to upload a similar image/picture in reference to that user account.
    • If you successfully remove a password associated with that User Account, then sign-off.
    • Restart your machine and try to login using the same User Account in question.
    NOTE: The above-mentioned troubleshooting steps are suggested as a general suggestion, not a solution. Whether you are able to recover your account then, your problem is solved. If you would not be able to recover the locked account, then you may have to reinstate Windows 10 in your machine using your Microsoft Account.

Should you have any question or a doubt performing above mentioned troubleshooting steps, you may respond to this threat or post a counter question.

Regards,

Chetan Kochhar, Apr 24, 2023
  3. Unable to sign-in to Microsoft account forgotten password

Hi,

Thanks for the Quick response. I will eventually use the suggestions you have given. But for the present I'd like to continue logging into my PC with my PIN. My concern is more with recovering my Widows local user login password, which seems not possible.
    However I have a question to ask MS which I personally think as valid: when both a Password and a PIN are equally valid for successfully logging in to Windows local admin account why only the Password is given credence in the matter of resetting of the login
    Password or creating a password recovery disc? Will MS please respond? Thank you.

RavindraB.C, Apr 24, 2023
  4. User forgotten password and pin to log into Windows PC

Forgotten user account password

One of the users on my pc has forgotten her log in password and cannot reset it. Running windows 10 home. Can anyone help please

Carrie1946, Apr 24, 2023
Thema:

User forgotten password and pin to log into Windows PC

1. User forgotten password and pin to log into Windows PC - Similar Threads - User forgotten password

2. How to log into Windows with a forgotten password?

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    How to log into Windows with a forgotten password?: I know this will make me seem like a tech illiterate but I need some help. I am attempting to log into Windows but am unable to do so due to a forgotten password. However, unlike most of the tutorials I am looking at, there is no reset password on my screen and I am just...
  3. How to log into Windows with a forgotten password?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to log into Windows with a forgotten password?: I know this will make me seem like a tech illiterate but I need some help. I am attempting to log into Windows but am unable to do so due to a forgotten password. However, unlike most of the tutorials I am looking at, there is no reset password on my screen and I am just...
  4. How to log into Windows with a forgotten password?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Forgotten PIN and expired password

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Forgotten PIN and expired password: Dear all,As a non-professional user,I use a HP ELITE FOLIO with Windows 11 PRO.I was noticed earlier today my password has expired and needs to be renewed.To do so, I have to fill PIN code to use admin profil.Unfortunatly, I don't remember to have fill any PIN code while...
  6. Forgotten PIN and expired password

Forgotten PIN and expired password: Dear all,As a non-professional user,I use a HP ELITE FOLIO with Windows 11 PRO.I was noticed earlier today my password has expired and needs to be renewed.To do so, I have to fill PIN code to use admin profil.Unfortunatly, I don't remember to have fill any PIN code while...
  7. User forgotten password and pin to log into Windows PC

User forgotten password and pin to log into Windows PC: Hi a user has forgotten their password and pin to log into their PC also forgotten password for Microsoft account and email where anything can be recovered to. Is is possible to create a bootable windows from a memory stick and sort it out that way without losing any data? or...
  8. User forgotten password and pin to log into Windows PC

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    User forgotten password and pin to log into Windows PC: Hi a user has forgotten their password and pin to log into their PC also forgotten password for Microsoft account and email where anything can be recovered to. Is is possible to create a bootable windows from a memory stick and sort it out that way without losing any data? or...
  9. Password to PIN change for log in to pc

Password to PIN change for log in to pc: I had my PC to log in with PIN, this has now changed to password and I cannot change it back to PIN in settings. Also I had another family member on my account child and he is unable to log in with either password or pin previously PIN and forgot password function is not...
  10. forgotten PIN and no other way to log in

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    forgotten PIN and no other way to log in: a few weeks ago i changed the PIN to my computer and made it the only sign-in option. i have now forgotten it and tried to guess it, which only made the "forgot PIN?" button disappear, so there is literally no way i can log in or recover the code. is there anything i can do...