Windows 10: User friendly way to test SSD HD

Discus and support User friendly way to test SSD HD in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Yes, that Western Digital spinning drive does not look good. The SSD looks OK. You can do the disconnect test, just disconnect the WD drive, to see if... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by woldsweather, Feb 14, 2016.

1. TV2
    TV2 Win User

User friendly way to test SSD HD

Yes, that Western Digital spinning drive does not look good. The SSD looks OK.
    You can do the disconnect test, just disconnect the WD drive, to see if it clears up the bluescreen errors.

You could also run Error Checking on the drive to see if it can recover some of the bad sectors.
    Drive Error Checking in Windows 10 - Windows 10 Forums
    But I must warn you that a spinning hard drive that is showing that many bad sectors is a drive well on it's way out. You DEFINITELY want to be sure you have backed up all the data on that drive, and if you have not done so do it immediately - before any testing or attempts at repair.

You also want to start thinking: replacement drive.

Thema:

User friendly way to test SSD HD

1. User friendly way to test SSD HD - Similar Threads - User friendly test

2. Internal SSD HD

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Internal SSD HD: I have an Asus which appears to have internally shorted out. The SSD HD has a ribbon cable attached. From what Ive been reading, I may be able to use this drive externally in a little case with a usb (sata-usb) device. Is this possible? The windows 10 operating system also...
  3. Is there a way to test MacOS on a PC?

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    Is there a way to test MacOS on a PC?: Hello I am thinking about switching from Windows to MacOS. However, I have no idea how the software feels and would like to test it beforehand. I have a computer with AMD processor or one with Intel i3 processor. Is there a way to test the system on it? Gibt es eine...
  4. Windows10 SSD+HD

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows10 SSD+HD: Nemrég sikeresen migráltam cca 800 GB-os HD partícióról egy 120 GB-os SSD-re a 18363.535-ös Windows 10-et és szerencsésen sikerült az aktiválása is. Az SSD eléggé megtelt a feltelepített programok miatt, ezért szeretném a régi merevlemez egyik partíciójára vissza migrálni az...
  5. Moving all user files from SSD to SATA HD

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Moving all user files from SSD to SATA HD: Good day, I have a new Dell laptop with Windows 10 Pro and the C: Drive is a 256 Gb SSD drive. The other internal drive D: is a 2 Tb SATA 5400 RPM hard drive. Currently the C: drive has just about everything on it, including all user folders and files. I would prefer to...
  6. Reformatting SSD and not HD

Reformatting SSD and not HD: Hello there! I have an MSI Laptop with a 128gb SSD and a 500gb HD. I have windows installed on my SSD and personal files on my HD. But now my SSD is almost full i wish to format it / reinstall windows 10 on it for a fresh start, but without losing the data on my HD. I...
  7. Microsoft is a not user friendly!

Microsoft is a not user friendly!: I just downloaded Office 2016 for my iMac. I realize that Steve and Bill didn't always agree, but it would be super helpful if the download/install instructions actually explained how to access services that have been purchased so WE CAN USE THEM. I am relatively tech...
  8. Is this forum user friendly??????????

in Windows 10 Support
    Is this forum user friendly??????????: Hi, I am a new member and yesterday I made my first post. 1) It was supposed to be posted in "Installation & Maintenance" but for some reason found it's way into "Performance & Maintenance" ?????????? LOOK FOR: Windows 10-1803 "corrupted files & sfc /scannow malfunction" 2)...
  9. Is CryptoPrevent 8 user friendly?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Is CryptoPrevent 8 user friendly?: I didn't get around to updating to version 8 as this program is easy to forget you have... Now I have reinstalled Windows I will probably reinstall it. I recall someone saying version 8 was not so user friendly as the old version, is that true? Is it still a good additional...
  10. HD too SSD

in Windows 10 Support
    HD too SSD: Almost a year I updated my Windows 7 pro to Windows 10 Pro. Now I would like to replace my DH with an SSD. I will make a clone of the HD to the SSD with AOMEI Backupper Professional. What about my Microsoft Windows License? Will it still be valid? thanks in advance for...