Windows 10: user functions

Discus and support user functions in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; so after reinstalling windows 10 I now have profiles and users that have programs files separated in different folders and drives disabling many... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by LisaBuesig, Jan 14, 2020 at 3:52 PM.

1. user functions

so after reinstalling windows 10 I now have profiles and users that have programs files separated in different folders and drives disabling many functions. some folders are read-only and split into a library and network area.

how can I go to a single user/profile and get the files back in the right folders and drives so they function and don't conflict with admin and local users? and properties on all to default without losing personal items?

:)

2. Kreij Win User

Current active users that are friends

The other reason I suggested this is that users can add characters to their username that are not alphanumeric (e.g. user*). This confuses things somewhat when looking at the list.

3. Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

4. user functions

alt-key functionality

Hi Steven,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps:

• Single Click on the file.
    • Tap F2 ( Function Key).
    • Then type the name and enter.
    Hope this answers your query and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Andria Maria Mendez, Jan 14, 2020 at 3:53 PM
Thema:

user functions

1. user functions - Similar Threads - user functions

2. Two User Accounts at Startup?

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Two User Accounts at Startup?: Windows 10 Version 10.0.18363 Build 18363 Recently after Power On I'm getting prompted for my login password/pin. I've had that option disabled for as long as I can remember. I'm also noticing that at the point where I get the prompt, Windows is showing me two user...
  3. How to add my picture in the Windows 10 lock screen .... for all the users

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to add my picture in the Windows 10 lock screen .... for all the users: Hello, how can i submit pictures to have them added in the Windows 10 lock screen catalog? I meam to have them visible to all the Windows 10 users. Many thanks GranaGG...
  4. Windows 10 Ghost User Account

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Windows 10 Ghost User Account: I've searched high and low on the web. It seems like this has been discussed alot but unfortunatley none of the fixes i have found worked. Here is my issue: I have 2 users on my PC. My PC boots right into one of the users but I do not want that. I'd like the PC to boot like...
  5. Can different users accounts run in the background.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can different users accounts run in the background.: If I’m signed into one user and start to upload a video to YouTube, can I switch to another user and do different stuff and the video still upload? Or do I have to stay on the same user? Thank you for any help submitted by /u/markp_1998 [link] [comments]...
  6. Change registry values of user shell folders: Some folders are missing in registry...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Change registry values of user shell folders: Some folders are missing in registry...: I'm looking to change the directory paths of User Shell Folders ex: documents, favorites. I know I can do this easily by right clicking and going to properties. But I'd like to automate this process. I found that there are registry values to each that can be modified:...
  7. RDS browse function behavior for different users

in Windows 10 Customization
    RDS browse function behavior for different users: Hi, Need your help to understand browse button functionality under RDS environment for different users. I have customer who has same RDS profile setup for all users, but when ever browse function used from a particular application to attach documents : - For some users,...
  8. Onedrive - unwanted merging of user libraries when using the auto backup function

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Onedrive - unwanted merging of user libraries when using the auto backup function: Hi all A lot of my customers have an O365 with 1TB of storage. To protect their files, I like to change their library folders location (Desktop, Downloads, Documents, Pictures) to Onedrive. However, recently this has caused issues when 1 onedrive account is set up on...
  9. copying user profile using copy to function

copying user profile using copy to function: Hi I understand that in versions of Windows 7 and earlier there was a function with system advanced to copy a user profile from one to another profile.....using ' copy to ' I tried this in Windows 10, but the copy to option was greyed out, so used an app called Windows...
  10. Unable to use taskbar function when create new user account

Unable to use taskbar function when create new user account: When I created a new user account, be it a local admin or standard user account or even logged in using Windows ID account, it all resulted with the same issue. I have no functionality of the taskbar at all. Not when clicking with my mouse or hitting the windows button....