Windows 10: User granted Read & execute permissions on local machine still not able to re-write...

Discus and support User granted Read & execute permissions on local machine still not able to re-write... in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello All, I have multiple end users who are not able to use their disk drives. Win 10 is not recognizing that the drive is plugged in. I have found... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Batosai2358, Mar 1, 2019.

1. User granted Read & execute permissions on local machine still not able to re-write...

Hello All,

I have multiple end users who are not able to use their disk drives. Win 10 is not recognizing that the drive is plugged in. I have found out that the users are not able to re-write the cdrom.sys file. At which point I verified that they had the correct permissions (i.e. 'Read & execute') I even made the Users group the file owner to no avail. I have also verified that their are no GPs hindering the user from using a disk drive.

Any suggestions and links are much appriecated.

:)

Batosai2358, Mar 1, 2019

2. The machine-default permission settings do not grant Local Activation permission for the COM Server

I too am having the error and my computer completely locks up and I have to do a hard shut down.

I have followed the steps from the suggestion however I keep getting another error saying I can not change the permissions. This issue has gone on long enough. It is 2017 now- plenty of people have had the same or very similar issues with Win10 we need a patch
    or a true fix.

The machine-default permission settings do not grant Local Activation permission for the COM Server application with CLSID

{C2F03A33-21F5-47FA-B4BB-156362A2F239}

and APPID

{316CDED5-E4AE-4B15-9113-7055D84DCC97}

to the user DESKTOP-9SU4GPQ\logen SID (S-1-5-21-3839675884-3202250022-2099929178-1001) from address LocalHost (Using LRPC) running in the application container LenovoCorporation.LenovoID_2.0.32.0_x86__4642shxvsv8s2 SID (S-1-15-2-1739223337-1177984934-722485270-445606100-3168345968-3693140498-1001633489).
    This security permission can be modified using the Component Services administrative tool.

beckic.2017, Mar 1, 2019
  3. Lord Quo Win User
    Error with permissions writing in C:\Users\MyUser\AppData\Local

Hi all.

I'm having problems with user or app permission to this folder and this subfolrders:

• One problem is with my PortableApps executables, they said that not have access to my temp folder, the problem is in
      C:\Users\MyUser\AppData\Local\Temp. I'm tried changing the location of this folder and changing my env variables, but the problem is the same
    • Other problem, but related to the previous one, is with my self code programs, writen in Visual Studio 2015. I have a routine to save some app's settings, and the path wher there are saved is in
      C:\Users\MyUser\AppData\Local\MyApp and the result is the same, the app does not have permissions to write here

I think the root of the problem is the same, only with
    different symptoms, according to the program that
    is currently running.

My temporary solution was set compatibility mode to Windows XP Service Pack 3, but this is not correct, because I can not debug my Visual Studio program.

Can you help me?

Thanks in advance

Lord Quo, Mar 1, 2019
  4. User granted Read & execute permissions on local machine still not able to re-write...

The machine-default permission settings do not grant Local Activation permission for the COM Server application with CLSID

<Original title: system crashing>

my system keeps crashing, and ive looked in the event logs and the only thing close to the crash time is this :

{C2F03A33-21F5-47FA-B4BB-156362A2F239}

and APPID

{316CDED5-E4AE-4B15-9113-7055D84DCC97}

to the user Lenovo-G560\Owner SID (S-1-5-21-3702635263-1096467200-1956343458-1000) from address LocalHost (Using LRPC) running in the application container Microsoft.Windows.Cortana_1.6.1.52_neutral_neutral_cw5n1h2txyewy SID (S-1-15-2-1861897761-1695161497-2927542615-642690995-327840285-2659745135-2630312742).
    This security permission can be modified using the Component Services administrative tool.

Any suggestions ?

it happens when I'm running my home studio, but the crash is related to Cortana ?

peace hope love

Doc

brentcartwright, Mar 1, 2019
Thema:

User granted Read & execute permissions on local machine still not able to re-write...

1. User granted Read & execute permissions on local machine still not able to re-write... - Similar Threads - User granted Read

2. No read/write on local machine but Shares work on AVD/RDS

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    No read/write on local machine but Shares work on AVD/RDS: Good dayI have a user that is having issues with her shared drive. This is a mapped drive that gets pushed through GPO. The strange thing is that when she uses the RDS or AVD session her access is there and she can read/write. It's only on her local machine that the problem...
  3. No read/write on local machine but Shares work on AVD/RDS

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No read/write on local machine but Shares work on AVD/RDS: Good dayI have a user that is having issues with her shared drive. This is a mapped drive that gets pushed through GPO. The strange thing is that when she uses the RDS or AVD session her access is there and she can read/write. It's only on her local machine that the problem...
  4. No read/write on local machine but Shares work on AVD/RDS

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Grant Program Permission to Write Files

in Windows 10 Support
    Grant Program Permission to Write Files: Program is installed, upon first starting files are required to be written but access is not granted and I'm told to check permissions to folder in programdata, I've tried allowing everything but still the program has same error message. 179713
  6. read and write permission problem

read and write permission problem: hi all i created a share folder in windows server 2019 for windows 7 and windows 10 client, and assign READ and WRITEcopy and paste, not allow modify and delete permission to this share folder in windows 7 clients, i can save any file to this folder, everything is fine....
  7. Grant read and write permissions on my NTFS hard drive from Windows to other OS

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Grant read and write permissions on my NTFS hard drive from Windows to other OS: Hi I have a dual boot system with both Windows 10 and Linux Mint partitions installed on an SSD drive Also an HDD drive formated in NTFS, where I store my data On the HDD drive, I have read, write and execution permissions on Windows 10, but only read permissions on Linux...
  8. Granting user permission on files and folders

Granting user permission on files and folders: My brother was recently playing with the settings and ended up denying all kind of permission read, write, modify etc to my photograph folder. I had a tough time trying to fix it because i couldn't open it, nor copy it, even it's security tab was not readable. After enough...
  9. Prevent executable from being deleted/modified (but still read/write)?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Prevent executable from being deleted/modified (but still read/write)?: I have spent literally days trying to figure this out on my own, and thought I'd finally solicit some advice. I have a program that I want to prevent *anyone* (including me, as an administrator) from moving, deleting, or otherwise disabling. The program is called Cold...
  10. User Not granted Permission Logon Error

User Not granted Permission Logon Error: I have 3 PC's and one netbook all running Windows 10 Home. All PC's were upgraded from Windows 8.1 and the Netbook was upgraded from Windows 7. Before the Win 10 upgrades, all computers could see each other and share files within the network here at home. None require...