Windows 10: User icon pics and User desktop background setup

Discus and support User icon pics and User desktop background setup in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Running Windows 10 … have 5 Users defined on one PC. Have 2 PCs on home network. The pics for User icons and User desktop background/setups getting... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by JamesHoltman, Apr 7, 2020.

1. User icon pics and User desktop background setup

Running Windows 10 … have 5 Users defined on one PC. Have 2 PCs on home network.

The pics for User icons and User desktop background/setups getting interchanged, some between the 2 PCs.

What gives??? How to stop this action.

Jim H

:)

JamesHoltman, Apr 7, 2020

2. Multi-user desktop icons

Why is it the default behavior in Windows 10 to add desktop icons of apps installed by one user to all users desktops and conversely delete them from every one when a single user deletes it on their desktop? This behavior is exceedingly annoying when
    sharing a desktop with miltiple family members. Additionally, services like battle.net and Steam should not by default log in for every user. Any suggestions on how to fix this behavior?

MatthewMcNair, Apr 7, 2020
  3. Kreij Win User
    Current active users that are friends

The other reason I suggested this is that users can add characters to their username that are not alphanumeric (e.g. user*). This confuses things somewhat when looking at the list.

Kreij, Apr 7, 2020
  4. Mussels Win User

User icon pics and User desktop background setup

Removing desktop icons

the icons are located in 'all users' folder somewhere (for example, i see a few shared icons in "C:\Users\Public\Desktop" )

The only way to fix those, is to remove the icons from there, and place them on to each users desktops manually. an admin may need to do this.

Mussels, Apr 7, 2020
Thema:

User icon pics and User desktop background setup

1. User icon pics and User desktop background setup - Similar Threads - User icon pics

2. Files/icons not syncing to the users desktop.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Files/icons not syncing to the users desktop.: Hello,We have an umbrella 2008 r2 server with vpn access so users can work remote. The users desktop and documents are synced with the server which allows me to backup and retrieve any files they may of deleted/corrupted. All users are on windows 11 with 2018+ laptops.The...
  3. Files/icons not syncing to the users desktop.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Files/icons not syncing to the users desktop.: Hello,We have an umbrella 2008 r2 server with vpn access so users can work remote. The users desktop and documents are synced with the server which allows me to backup and retrieve any files they may of deleted/corrupted. All users are on windows 11 with 2018+ laptops.The...
  4. Default User Desktop Background

in Windows 10 Customization
    Default User Desktop Background: One important thing for us to include in our Windows 10 clone/image is we want to set the wallpaper to a particular .jpg file to be used as the initial desktop background when new users log in. We do not want to use a policy GPO setting because we want the user to have the...
  5. Desktop icons across all users

Desktop icons across all users: How can I stop the desktop icons from changing across all users? There's two accounts on my PC: mine and my friend's. Mine is a Microsoft, his is a local account. If I delete a shortcut from my desktop, it's deleted on his too. How can we stop this? It's annoying....
  6. Admin/user icon on almost every desktop icon?

Admin/user icon on almost every desktop icon?: Hi, I suddenly have the admin/user icon on almost all of my desktop icons, usually when something is a shortcut you have the shortcut icon in the bottom left of the desktop icons but now theres something else. Does anyone know how to fix this? See the image for the problem....
  7. Background PICS

Background PICS: I want to make background pictures change more often than the system allows me to set. For example, every 30 seconds but I can set a minimum of 1 minute. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/background-pics/846bcc64-5534-4f27-bd51-8df6deb05ceb
  8. Desktop icons have labels but no pic???

Desktop icons have labels but no pic???: Have spent hours trying to resolve this issue but no luck. The picture part of my desktop icons has disappeared. in a folder, file thumbnails show their name/label but no picture. Have already tried the suggested 'canned' methods to repair. Useless....
  9. Standard desktop Background for all users

Standard desktop Background for all users: Does anyone have instructions to change the default background on Windows 10 Pro? I want everyone that logs in to get our customized logo. Thank you in advance. 50838
  10. User desktop and switching users

in Windows 10 Support
    User desktop and switching users: After upgrading from Win 7 64 to Win 10 64, whenever a different user logs into the computer the desktop gets screwed up for the original user. Both accounts are admin accounts; one has a password, the does not. Has anyone else seen this and does anyone know how to fix it?...