Windows 10: User ID in remote connection cache

Discus and support User ID in remote connection cache in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I use the 'Run Command Box' in Windows 10 to connect to another machine on my office network to copy files using the command: \\<ip address>. I have a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by keesue, Nov 10, 2018.

1. keesue Win User

User ID in remote connection cache

I use the 'Run Command Box' in Windows 10 to connect to another machine on my office network to copy files using the command: \\<ip address>. I have a defunct ID cached in memory which I would like to delete. Can someone advise which file/interface contains the user IDs for this connection do that I can delete it? I have searched the O/S and tried to search online but not quite sure how to phrase the question for a search (I haven't been successful thus far).

Many thanks...

:)

keesue, Nov 10, 2018
  2. mlee49 Win User

help to remote connect

No need to setup a permanent remote connection for FB add-on's. I'd suggest Team Viewer. It's free and will allow you to access his pc safely and take control.

mlee49, Nov 10, 2018
  3. Kari Win User
    Remote Desktop Connection problems

Have you tried Remote Desktop Connection, to connect from your Windows 10 laptop to your Windows 7 desktop? Try it first, post back and tell how it went.

Some additional help because you mentioned you are a remote newbie *Wink. The windows 7 related tutorials from our sister site the Seven Forums:

1. On Windows 7 desktop, set network location to either Home or Work (I recommend Work):
    2. On Windows 7 desktop, allow incoming remote connections:
    3. On Windows 7 desktop, find out its IP address:
    4. On Windows 10 laptop, start the Remote Desktop application and connect to the Windows 7 desktop using the IP address from step 3 above (see Part Three in the tutorial):
    Try the above, post back how it went.

4. Arul_D Win User

How to remove "HP Connected Remote" as a sign in account ?

Hi Dave,

Thank you for writing your query in Microsoft Community.

• Is your computer connected to a domain network?
    HP Connected Remote is an app that comes preinstalled on select Windows HP computers. I would suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it resolves this issue.

• On the Windows 10 Start screen, type hp connected remote.
    • Click HP Connected Remote from the Apps search results.
    • Click Settings, and make sure Enable HP Connected Remote is turned On.

Reply us back with the status of this issue. We will be glad to assist you.

Arul_D, Nov 10, 2018
Thema:

1. User ID in remote connection cache - Similar Threads - User remote connection

2. The connection was denied because the user account is not authorized for remote login

in Windows 10 News
    The connection was denied because the user account is not authorized for remote login: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]If you are trying to establish a remote connection, but you see an error message – The connection was denied because the user account is not authorized for remote login then know that this occurs when the target host doesn’t [...] This post The connection...
  3. Remote Desktop. . .remote reaction at connection

in Windows 10 Customization
    Remote Desktop. . .remote reaction at connection: I have Win 10 PRO and want to use Remote Desktop. I have it installed and working on my home computer and my remote computer on my home LAN. Both are working, however, the remote user (wife) reports that her desktop goes black when I connect from my computer. I saw a forum...
  4. User ID Clone

User ID Clone: Most of the time I use my laptop (Lenovo YOGA) as a desktop, in other words I close the cover and use a large screen, a standard keyboard and mouse and a dock through which I access additional disks. There are several small settings that I change, for example the display size...
  5. Remote Desktop Connection

Remote Desktop Connection: Does the Remote Desktop Connection feature in Windows 10 Pro require that both computers have Windows 10 Pro or just the primary computer? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/remote-desktop-connection/1c3dfbf8-5a31-4c75-ae86-c0ad4e4b485c
  6. User ID in remote connection cache

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    User ID in remote connection cache: I use the 'Run Command Box' in Windows 10 to connect to another machine on my office network using the command: \\<ip address> . I have a defunct ID cached in that memory which I would like to delete. Can someone advise which file/interface contains the user IDs for this...
  7. Remote desktop connection

Remote desktop connection: I need assistance to set up remote desktop connection in Windows 10 Pro. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/remote-desktop-connection/135d391b-2e9c-45a0-8130-0bb7c08cdb03
  8. remote desktop connection

remote desktop connection: I have an hp laptop that I use as my home computer. I have it connected to a docking station which includes a network connection. The laptop also has an Ethernet port and Wi-Fi connection. I have an ATT Uverse Arris router at home. Prior to upgrading my laptop to Windows 10...
  9. DNS Cache Users

DNS Cache Users: Do Google Chrome, MS Edge, & IE all use the same DNS Cache? And is there any wisdom to periodically flushing the cache just as a normal maintenance routine? 80766
  10. remote desktop connection

remote desktop connection: (1)The initial box you get when trying to connect ,has below,is it the computer name the pc your on or the pc s name your trying to connect to? computer .............? user name-none specified (2) the enter your credential box after above Whats the user name?...