Windows 10: User ID in remote connection cache

Discus and support User ID in remote connection cache in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I use the 'Run Command Box' in Windows 10 to connect to another machine on my office network using the command: \\<ip address> . I have a defunct ID... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by keesue, Nov 10, 2018.

1. keesue Win User

User ID in remote connection cache

I use the 'Run Command Box' in Windows 10 to connect to another machine on my office network using the command: \\<ip address> . I have a defunct ID cached in that memory which I would like to delete. Can someone advise which file/interface contains the user IDs for this connection do that I can delete it? I have searched the O/S and tried to search online but not quite sure how to phrase the question for a search (I haven't been successful thus far).

Many thanks...

:)

keesue, Nov 10, 2018
  2. mlee49 Win User

help to remote connect

No need to setup a permanent remote connection for FB add-on's. I'd suggest Team Viewer. It's free and will allow you to access his pc safely and take control.

mlee49, Nov 10, 2018
  3. Kari Win User
    Remote Desktop Connection problems

Have you tried Remote Desktop Connection, to connect from your Windows 10 laptop to your Windows 7 desktop? Try it first, post back and tell how it went.

Some additional help because you mentioned you are a remote newbie *Wink. The windows 7 related tutorials from our sister site the Seven Forums:

1. On Windows 7 desktop, set network location to either Home or Work (I recommend Work):
    2. On Windows 7 desktop, allow incoming remote connections:
    3. On Windows 7 desktop, find out its IP address:
    4. On Windows 10 laptop, start the Remote Desktop application and connect to the Windows 7 desktop using the IP address from step 3 above (see Part Three in the tutorial):
    Try the above, post back how it went.

4. Arul_D Win User

How to remove "HP Connected Remote" as a sign in account ?

Hi Dave,

Thank you for writing your query in Microsoft Community.

• Is your computer connected to a domain network?
    HP Connected Remote is an app that comes preinstalled on select Windows HP computers. I would suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it resolves this issue.

• On the Windows 10 Start screen, type hp connected remote.
    • Click HP Connected Remote from the Apps search results.
    • Click Settings, and make sure Enable HP Connected Remote is turned On.

Reply us back with the status of this issue. We will be glad to assist you.

Arul_D, Nov 10, 2018
Thema:

1. User ID in remote connection cache - Similar Threads - User remote connection

2. Cached domain user

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Cached domain user: Hello,We are currently facing an issue: we had a domain user with admin privileges, let's say "username123." This user account was disabled a few months ago. On all computers, the path C:/Users/username123 was changed to C:/Users/username123_old, and the registry key...
  3. Cached domain user

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cached domain user: Hello,We are currently facing an issue: we had a domain user with admin privileges, let's say "username123." This user account was disabled a few months ago. On all computers, the path C:/Users/username123 was changed to C:/Users/username123_old, and the registry key...
  4. Cached domain user

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Remote desktop connection was denied because the user account is not authorized for remote...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Remote desktop connection was denied because the user account is not authorized for remote...: Good morning,I have been working on this problem more than a day, I am exhausted and I wonder if someone can help me... Thank you.DescriptionFaulting Application Path: C:\Program...
  6. Remotely Connect to a User with no Password

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Remotely Connect to a User with no Password: I want to connect to a computer with no password, but when I use the windows remote connection app, it tells me I need a password. But I can't enter a password because the PC I'm connecting to has no password. What should I do?...
  7. USER ID

in Windows 10 Customization
    USER ID: I just installed the new EDGE and now all the user ids are not being saved when I click the save user id for every website that I go to. What setting do I need to set in the new EDGE? Thanks...
  8. Remote Desktop Connection - Select User Missing

Remote Desktop Connection - Select User Missing: Hi, I wish to configure Remote Desktop Connection on my Home Network running under Win 10 Home, ver 1903 (Build 18362.476). Allow Remote Assistant Connections are enable on each PC. However my Laptop displays SELECT USER button in the Remote Desktop Settings, but my...
  9. User ID in remote connection cache

in Windows 10 Support
    User ID in remote connection cache: I use the 'Run Command Box' in Windows 10 to connect to another machine on my office network to copy files using the command: \\<ip address>. I have a defunct ID cached in memory which I would like to delete. Can someone advise which file/interface contains the user IDs for...
  10. DNS Cache Users

DNS Cache Users: Do Google Chrome, MS Edge, & IE all use the same DNS Cache? And is there any wisdom to periodically flushing the cache just as a normal maintenance routine? 80766