Windows 10: User-ID/Password problems

Discus and support User-ID/Password problems in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; On my home Wifi net, I have had my HP desktop, a Dell Venue pad and a Samsung TV. All co-existed quite well for years. Around April this year, I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by peedub, Sep 5, 2018.

1. peedub Win User

User-ID/Password problems

On my home Wifi net, I have had my HP desktop, a Dell Venue pad and a Samsung TV. All co-existed quite well for years. Around April this year, I resuscitated my deceased wife's HP laptop, giving a new battery. All 3 computers run Windows 10. Since the May-June Windows updates, the following has happened: the HP desktop was unable to restart after an update, requiring me to have a local repair shop to install a complete ground-up version of Windows 10. During this time period, the HP laptop and the Dell pad also became more aware of the Wifi network. Unusual events were seen, such as: wallpaper on the HP laptop disappeared, but is now installed on both displays of the HP Desktop. Currently, there seems to be great confusion about MS passwords. For several days, after several resets, I have not been able to establish a password on the Dell pad; reset passwords are usually rejected, so I have unable to use this device. I am writing this on the HP desktop, after having logged-in using a password defined yesterday as a reset password for the Hp laptop. It appears I am reaching a user-name/password condition where all three computers are unusable. Realistically, I would like to have all 3 computers recognize my email address as user-name, and I definitely don't wnat them swapping passwords among themselves! Need Help!User-na

:)

peedub, Sep 5, 2018
  2. Namslas90 Win User

admin password?

You can reset the Admin Password using Windows XP repair; See Here for step by step.

*Toast :toast:

Namslas90, Sep 5, 2018
  3. id/password problems

Hi Brenda,

Welcome and thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

Here’s what you can try:

Access the built-in administrator account and change the account type of the other account.

Step 1: Refer to these steps to learn how to activate the administrator account:

• Click the Start button, and then type
      cmd in the search box.
    • In the search results list, right-click cmd, and then click
      Run as Administrator.
    • At the command prompt, type net user administrator /active:yes, and then press
      ENTER.
    • Type net user administrator <Password>
      and then press ENTER.
    Note: Please replace the <Password> tag with your passwords which you want to set to administrator account.

Step 2: Follow these steps to change the other account to an administrator account.

• Press Windows key + X and select
      Control Panel.
    • Go to User Accounts and select
      Manage another account
    • Select the user account and click on Change Account Type.
    • Select Administrator and click
      Change account Type

Now he has to sign in with a Microsoft Account, he is loading the game from where you saved because he is using your Microsoft account. Please click on the link below for reference:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/getstarted-microsoft-account

Hope this information helps. Please post us if you need any further assistance with Windows.

Thank you.

Sagnik_Chakraborty, Sep 5, 2018
  4. User-ID/Password problems

Windows 10: Admin password and user ID changed - cannot change to original ID to login.

Hi,

Greetings..

You need a local user account if you need to use PC,For that you need to create super admin account.

Try this steps.

There is an inbuilt admin account in Windows known as Super admin account.

if you wish you can enable it,using the following steps.

• on your login screen,hold Shift key and Press restart.

• It will boot into safe mode.

• On that,click on troubleshoot->advanced-> Command Prompt.

type the following command in command prompt.

net user Administrator /active:yes ( leave one Space after Administrator.)

Hit Enter.

You Will get a confirmation message stating Command Completed successfully.

Now,Restart your PC again and click on new admin account that displays ( which doesn't require any Password)

And Create a new user account..

Hope it is helpful.

Logeshwaran.C, Sep 5, 2018
Thema:

User-ID/Password problems

1. User-ID/Password problems - Similar Threads - User Password problems

2. fortget user id

in Windows 10 Gaming
    fortget user id: Dear microsoft team,please be inform you that,i had purchase new laptop with preinstall microsoft life time, hence while signup suddenly laptop crashed, meanwhile i forget user id since 11 july 2023, i am trying to recover my user id with reference of alternative details but...
  3. Can't remember User ID or Password to reload Windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Can't remember User ID or Password to reload Windows 10: Purchased Windows 10 and set it up. Hardware issues had to re format. Now cannot remember ID or Password. How can I activate the Windows 10 which I have already paid for?...
  4. USER ID

in Windows 10 Customization
    USER ID: I just installed the new EDGE and now all the user ids are not being saved when I click the save user id for every website that I go to. What setting do I need to set in the new EDGE? Thanks...
  5. EDGE and User Id's

EDGE and User Id's: On some websites I enter my userid and also click on save userid. When I log back later the userid is not saved and I have to enter it again. Is there a setting in EDGE that I need to set? Also is there a setting in EDGE that I need to turn off so that the user id's are not...
  6. user ID , pin and passwords

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    user ID , pin and passwords: I have 2 laptops running windows 10. Can i use the same user ID, password, pin, cellphone number, and email address for both laptops? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/user-id-pin-and-passwords/b35bb65a-0f9d-4841-a207-d180ecf335e3
  7. user password problems

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    user password problems: A power outage in our neighborhood caused my computer to shut down and reboot. After rebooting my user password no longer allows me in. As I have investigated a solution my user name is no longer seen as the administrator so will not allow me even into command prompt. It...
  8. Unable to Access a Network PC (user ID/password lost)

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Unable to Access a Network PC (user ID/password lost): I have lost track of (do not remember) the credentials (user ID / password) of one PC on my home network. Is there somewhere in Settings I should look, as Administrator, to find this information? HELP … please advise where to go to find the network credentials, including...
  9. User ID Clone

User ID Clone: Most of the time I use my laptop (Lenovo YOGA) as a desktop, in other words I close the cover and use a large screen, a standard keyboard and mouse and a dock through which I access additional disks. There are several small settings that I change, for example the display size...
  10. User-ID/Password problems

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    User-ID/Password problems: On my home Wifi net, I have had my HP desktop, a Dell Venue pad and a Samsung TV. All co-existed quite well for years. Around April this year, I resuscitated my deceased wife's HP laptop, giving a new battery. All 3 computers run Windows 10. Since the May-June Windows...