Windows 10: User-ID/Password problems

Discus and support User-ID/Password problems in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; On my home Wifi net, I have had my HP desktop, a Dell Venue pad and a Samsung TV. All co-existed quite well for years. Around April this year, I... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by peedub, Sep 6, 2018.

1. peedub Win User

User-ID/Password problems

On my home Wifi net, I have had my HP desktop, a Dell Venue pad and a Samsung TV. All co-existed quite well for years. Around April this year, I resuscitated my deceased wife's HP laptop, giving a new battery. All 3 computers run Windows 10. Since the May-June Windows updates, the following has happened: the HP desktop was unable to restart after an update, requiring me to have a local repair shop to install a complete ground-up version of Windows 10. During this time period, the HP laptop and the Dell pad also became more aware of the Wifi network. Unusual events were seen, such as: wallpaper on the HP laptop disappeared, but is now installed on both displays of the HP Desktop. Currently, there seems to be great confusion about MS passwords. For several days, after several resets, I have not been able to establish a password on the Dell pad; reset passwords are usually rejected, so I have unable to use this device. I am writing this on the HP desktop, after having logged-in using a password defined yesterday as a reset password for the Hp laptop. It appears I am reaching a user-name/password condition where all three computers are unusable. Realistically, I would like to have all 3 computers recognize my email address as user-name, and I definitely don't wnat them swapping passwords among themselves! Need Help!User-na

Moved from: Windows 10 / Windows settings

:)

peedub, Sep 6, 2018
  2. Namslas90 Win User

admin password?

You can reset the Admin Password using Windows XP repair; See Here for step by step.

*Toast :toast:

Namslas90, Sep 6, 2018
  3. Sagnik_Chakraborty Win User
    id/password problems

Hi Brenda,

Welcome and thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

Here’s what you can try:

Access the built-in administrator account and change the account type of the other account.

Step 1: Refer to these steps to learn how to activate the administrator account:

• Click the Start button, and then type
      cmd in the search box.
    • In the search results list, right-click cmd, and then click
      Run as Administrator.
    • At the command prompt, type net user administrator /active:yes, and then press
      ENTER.
    • Type net user administrator <Password>
      and then press ENTER.
    Note: Please replace the <Password> tag with your passwords which you want to set to administrator account.

Step 2: Follow these steps to change the other account to an administrator account.

• Press Windows key + X and select
      Control Panel.
    • Go to User Accounts and select
      Manage another account
    • Select the user account and click on Change Account Type.
    • Select Administrator and click
      Change account Type

Now he has to sign in with a Microsoft Account, he is loading the game from where you saved because he is using your Microsoft account. Please click on the link below for reference:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/getstarted-microsoft-account

Hope this information helps. Please post us if you need any further assistance with Windows.

Thank you.

Sagnik_Chakraborty, Sep 6, 2018
  4. Logeshwaran.C Win User

Windows 10: Admin password and user ID changed - cannot change to original ID to login.

Hi,

Greetings..

You need a local user account if you need to use PC,For that you need to create super admin account.

Try this steps.

There is an inbuilt admin account in Windows known as Super admin account.

if you wish you can enable it,using the following steps.

• on your login screen,hold Shift key and Press restart.

• It will boot into safe mode.

• On that,click on troubleshoot->advanced-> Command Prompt.

type the following command in command prompt.

net user Administrator /active:yes ( leave one Space after Administrator.)

Hit Enter.

You Will get a confirmation message stating Command Completed successfully.

Now,Restart your PC again and click on new admin account that displays ( which doesn't require any Password)

And Create a new user account..

Hope it is helpful.

Logeshwaran.C, Sep 6, 2018
Thema:

1. User-ID/Password problems - Similar Threads - User Password problems

2. problems with password

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    problems with password: why did it take so long for me to get the laptop up and running? I typed in my password and it just sat there and did nothing, so i left and tried again later, it did come on last night but this morning it told me my password was wrong, i did change it 1 month ago but it just...
  3. User ID in remote connection cache

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    User ID in remote connection cache: I use the 'Run Command Box' in Windows 10 to connect to another machine on my office network using the command: \\<ip address> . I have a defunct ID cached in that memory which I would like to delete. Can someone advise which file/interface contains the user IDs for this...
  4. User ID in remote connection cache

in Windows 10 Support
    User ID in remote connection cache: I use the 'Run Command Box' in Windows 10 to connect to another machine on my office network to copy files using the command: \\<ip address>. I have a defunct ID cached in memory which I would like to delete. Can someone advise which file/interface contains the user IDs for...
  5. User names and Passwords

in Windows 10 Customization
    User names and Passwords: I recently upgraded to Windows 10. It is set to save passwords and asks whether or not I want it to save, which I do. But when I go back to that webpage, it isn't filling in my ID & PW. What do I need to do?...
  6. User-ID/Password problems

in Windows 10 Customization
    User-ID/Password problems: On my home Wifi net, I have had my HP desktop, a Dell Venue pad and a Samsung TV. All co-existed quite well for years. Around April this year, I resuscitated my deceased wife's HP laptop, giving a new battery. All 3 computers run Windows 10. Since the May-June Windows...
  7. Password Problem

Password Problem: I have a H W10 tablet (personal) which up to 2 day ago had no password until I took it to work and left it on my desk when I went to a meeting. I now have a password (which I do not know) and the keyboard appears to have been turned off in settings before it was turned off. I...
  8. Unwanted user ID keeps reappearing

Unwanted user ID keeps reappearing: A local account User ID I did not create keeps appearing on my laptop. I delete it but it reappears after a couple of hours. Started a week or so after installing Windows 10. How can I get rid of it? 23461
  9. User Password/PIN

User Password/PIN: Hi. After I installed Build 10162, I do not have the option of a PIN at logon, just my long MS password. When I go to Users account control, it just gives me the option to CHANGE PIN, not to CREATE one. But yet when I log on, there is no option for a pin, only a password....
  10. Password problems

Password problems: I try logging on to my computer and when I put my password in it tells me I am incorrect. I can log onto all my other computers with the same password. I am system administrator and cannot get into repair anything because it says my password is wrong. I cannot get into my...