Windows 10: User ID w/admin disappeared from public Win 10 system - I've got other IDs but w/o admin....

Discus and support User ID w/admin disappeared from public Win 10 system - I've got other IDs but w/o admin.... in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I've suddenly lost the ID I used to set up my laptop, the one that had admin privileges. I haven't made any ID changes nor deleted any accounts.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Hula_Baloo, Sep 23, 2018.

1. User ID w/admin disappeared from public Win 10 system - I've got other IDs but w/o admin....

I've suddenly lost the ID I used to set up my laptop, the one that had admin privileges. I haven't made any ID changes nor deleted any accounts. Since the remaining ID I have doesn't have admin privileges, I'm in need of assistance in recovering. I haven't personally deleted ANYTHING, and nobody else has access to my laptop. I suspect that this started when

Things I've tried include attempting to restore from a backup I made with Macrium Reflect a week ago when things were working, doing a search here, and booting to the secondary system admin account, but haven't had any success so far. The system having this problem is a Dell Inspiron 5559 hlaptop with Win 10 Home 64 bit.

FWIW here's what's happened with the above 3 scenarios. The Macrium CDs and USB flash , drives fail to boot with a "Windows failed" BSOD, The searches I did returned with hits for different situations from mine. And booting to the secondary system admin account gets me to an administrative command prompt, but SFC and DISM commands fail to work.

I am able to do all the normal user things like opening browsers and email clients (Thunderbird and Windows Live Mail), but anything requiring administrator authority I can't do.

Any tips or guidance will be most highly appreciated! TIA

:)

Hula_Baloo, Sep 23, 2018
  2. Namslas90 Win User

admin password?

You can reset the Admin Password using Windows XP repair; See Here for step by step.

*Toast :toast:

Namslas90, Sep 23, 2018
  3. Admin ID disabled

I've disabled the admin id in a laptop of my organization. and then logged into another user's profile which doesn't have admin privilege. Now, what can I do to activate my admin id?

TasnimHossain, Sep 23, 2018
  4. User ID w/admin disappeared from public Win 10 system - I've got other IDs but w/o admin....

Admin ID disabled

Hi Kapil!

Thanks for your response but my problem is not solved yet. I followed those processes but it's also asking for admin password. NO ADMIN ID is enabled in this laptop. Now how can I activate/give ADMIN privilege to other user ID?

TasnimHossain, Sep 23, 2018
Thema:

User ID w/admin disappeared from public Win 10 system - I've got other IDs but w/o admin....

1. User ID w/admin disappeared from public Win 10 system - I've got other IDs but w/o admin.... - Similar Threads - User admin disappeared

2. COLLEGE ID AS ADMIN RIGHTS

in Windows 10 Gaming
    COLLEGE ID AS ADMIN RIGHTS: Hello,I have reinstalled the Windows 10 but i don't know why my college ID or college is take over my personal laptop. The college ID. Several time i have reinstalled but same my personal laptop login only my college ID in other way my college is as admin for my personal...
  3. COLLEGE ID AS ADMIN RIGHTS

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    COLLEGE ID AS ADMIN RIGHTS: Hello,I have reinstalled the Windows 10 but i don't know why my college ID or college is take over my personal laptop. The college ID. Several time i have reinstalled but same my personal laptop login only my college ID in other way my college is as admin for my personal...
  4. COLLEGE ID AS ADMIN RIGHTS

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. How to search Excel Files w/o Admin Right when ⒈ Windows 10...

in Cortana
    How to search Excel Files w/o Admin Right when ⒈ Windows 10...: I am looking to search Excel Files w/o resorting to programming:⒈ Why " Index Properties and File Contents" require Admin right?⒉What to do, non-programmatically, w/o Admin right?⒊ Why discrepancy user can search programmatically but not non-programmatically ?Thanks Ahead!...
  6. Install Win 10 on a new system w/o DVD

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Install Win 10 on a new system w/o DVD: I have a bit of a screw up that I'm trying to resolve. I'm remotely trying to help my grandson build a PC (remote due to COVID). He has ordered all the components including a Win 10 64 Home DVD. Now that we are getting into the detail, I see that the PC case he has ordered...
  7. how do i upgrade from windows 7 to 10 w/o admin rights

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    how do i upgrade from windows 7 to 10 w/o admin rights: how do it without admin rights https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-upgrade-from-windows-7-to-10-wo-admin/31df6315-3d28-4e85-9dee-1bb0e23055e4
  8. Event ID 10005 w/ SecurityHealthService and ID 7001 w/ AvastWscReport

in Windows 10 Support
    Event ID 10005 w/ SecurityHealthService and ID 7001 w/ AvastWscReport: Hi. I run my Windows 10 Pro and I recently updated to version 1809 (build 17763.316). I have to admit that there are fewer problems than I thought there were and I almost solved most of them but one: I still cannot get rid of Event ID 10005 (DCOM) triggered by...
  9. 2 questions about 'customization w/o affecting other users'

in Windows 10 Customization
    2 questions about 'customization w/o affecting other users': Like the title says, is there's some sort of way to customize those start menu programs without affecting other users of the same PC? The other question is that, is there any way to play a specific sound on shutdown and on user login? I know I can just replace the start-up...
  10. shortcut w/admin privileges for standard user

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    shortcut w/admin privileges for standard user: Hello, I've just cleaned up a massive malware infection on my grandson's computer (HP Pavilion notebook) and upgraded it to Win 10 from its native Win 8. His account is a standard user vs admin. Everything's working fine. EXCEPT, he plays an online game which requires an...