Windows 10: User immediately signed off after signing in.

Discus and support User immediately signed off after signing in. in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; My wife's name was spelled wrong in her Microsoft account. I edited it and now she can't log into her computer using that account. Her name did update... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by JTtheWoodworker, Feb 22, 2021.

1. User immediately signed off after signing in.

My wife's name was spelled wrong in her Microsoft account. I edited it and now she can't log into her computer using that account. Her name did update to the one I changed it to on the computer before she put her password in. The computer took her password, spun, then immediately logged her out.

I've tried changing her name in her Microsoft account back to the original. Also tried resetting the password. Nothing helps. Other PC users can log in no problem.

Is there a way out of this? This isn't a domain PC, it's a home PC. I certainly don't want to reimage since there are multiple accounts with lots of data on the machine.

Thank you for any advice!

Jeff

:)

JTtheWoodworker, Feb 22, 2021
  2. Frank1100 Win User

New user account signs out immediately on sign in

Hi,

a new user account signs out immediately on sign in.

I deleted the new user and created it again but still.

I also created a user with another name, but still.

In another post someone said that even re-installing win10 didn't work and that MS wouldn't help without being paid for it.

Does someone know the solution ?

Regards,

Frank

Frank1100, Feb 22, 2021
  3. BFaulk96 Win User
    Windows immediately signs out after signing in

The steps I was finally able to follow to fix the problem (Note that steps 1-3 might not be necessary, these are just the exact steps I followed):

1. Boot in Safe Mode (if your problem is like mine, you should be able to log in using Safe Mode)
    2. In safe mode, open File Explorer and go to `This PC > Local Disk > Windows.old > Users > Default` and copy the
      NTUSER.DAT.
    3. After copying the file, go to `This PC > Local Disk > Users > Default` and overwrite the existing file with the new one
      • Note: You can rename the original if it makes you feel better
    4. Boot into Safe Mode with Command Prompt (Should be option 6 if you go through the link in step 1)
    5. When command prompt opens up, create a new admin account by typing the following commands:
    6. Now that you have a new admin account, you can restart your computer using
      shutdown /r
    7. Log in to your new admin account.
    8. Similar to steps 2 and 3, use
      File Explorer and go to `This PC > Local Disk > Windows.old > Users > [BrokenUser]`, and copy the
      NTUSER.DAT file, pasting it in `This PC > Local Disk > Users > [BrokenUser]` to overwrite the existing file
    9. Sign out of new admin account, and you should be able to again sign in to the old account!
    10. At this point, if you wish, you can delete the new admin account you created in step 5, and your computer should be back to functioning as normal.
    Sounds like I had a similar issue mentioned in the solution on this post: New Windows 10 user is logged out immediately after login

Thanks! I hope this can help someone else in the future... It's ridiculous that this happens at all..

BFaulk96, Feb 22, 2021
  4. User immediately signed off after signing in.

password sign in

Hi,

About your concern with typing the password after being idle, it is actually recommended to activate for security reasons.

If you wish to disable it, I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps.

• Go to Settings.
    • Click on Accounts.
    • Click on Sign in options.
    • On the right side, you will see required sign in.
    • Change it to Never.

Let us know how it goes.

PreciousLeb, Feb 22, 2021
Thema:

User immediately signed off after signing in.

1. User immediately signed off after signing in. - Similar Threads - User immediately signed

2. User sign out/sign in

in Windows 10 Gaming
    User sign out/sign in: Do i need to sign out every time from one user to another? What if i keep both of them signed in? I need to sign out,only if the computer is running slow because both of em are using ram?...
  3. User sign out/sign in

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    User sign out/sign in: Do i need to sign out every time from one user to another? What if i keep both of them signed in? I need to sign out,only if the computer is running slow because both of em are using ram?...
  4. User Signing In

in Windows 10 Customization
    User Signing In: Hello House, Please what is the resolution to this following message that pop up at start up Any assistance will be highly appreciated. Regards. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/user-signing-in/8cefb4ed-f035-4dfe-91d9-250e3207ab9b
  5. Windows 10 signing me out immediately after logging in

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 signing me out immediately after logging in: [ATTACH]One of the scenarios that happen on a Windows PC after an upgrade is […] This article Windows 10 signing me out immediately after logging in first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com. read more...
  6. Being signed off

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Being signed off: Hello Microsoft workers, I wanted to address a problem I encountered a few days ago. I have a Windows 10 pro laptop and I keep receiving the same message every day and it says: "You are about to be signed off". Do you know how to fix this?...
  7. Windows immediately signs out after signing in

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows immediately signs out after signing in: Hey guys, For many months, I have been stuck on Windows release 1809 due to a troubling issue. Any time I have tried to upgrade to 1909, or to the current 2004, I have run into an issue where, following the update, if I put my PIN in to log in, it successfully accepts the...
  8. How to sign off

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    How to sign off: I have a new Windows 10 Acer Computer. How do I sign off"? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-sign-off/5e22010e-82d7-4f7c-821c-f7379e9c25ea
  9. Win10 Signs-In Users After Sign-Out then Restart

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Win10 Signs-In Users After Sign-Out then Restart: I have a fairly new 2 months Dell XPS 8930. I created 2 user accounts. If I use Start...User...Sign Out on either account, everything goes as expected and I am taken back to the Sign-In screen. If I then use the Power button in the lower right and choose Restart, the...
  10. Windows 10 keeps logging me off immediately after sign in

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Windows 10 keeps logging me off immediately after sign in: I have tried many times creating other user accounts to see if it was related to just one but it effects all accounts, even the admin. I also tried wiping the machine many times already, doing factory resets and the like. I also tried installing windows again from a usb and i...