Windows 10: User in new computer is misspelled

Discus and support User in new computer is misspelled in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hello Microsoft , I recently bought a new computer with windows 10, I opened a user by syncing it with my microsoft account, as a result my user name... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by AmitaiGuggenheim, Dec 6, 2018.

1. User in new computer is misspelled

Hello Microsoft ,

I recently bought a new computer with windows 10, I opened a user by syncing it with my microsoft account, as a result my user name was misspelled for no apparent reason.

I proceeded to try various solutions such as changing the directory name, deleting using an administrator account and creating a local user. All of which produced very bad side effects.

Anything I can do? will formatting Computer do the trick?

Amitai

:)

AmitaiGuggenheim, Dec 6, 2018
  2. kjinshin Win User

Misspelled user folder across devices

I'm having the same issue. I recently built a new computer and installed windows 10. When I added my wife's Microsoft Account to it, it left off the last letter of her name on the user folder. You say that whenever a new install is performed, it pulls the
    name from the default account setting somewhere to name the user folder. How can I change that default? If I can't, what are the steps to change the folder name in my current setting?

I know this isn't really a problem but I get annoyed everytime I see that folder misspelled and I makes me kinda batty.

kjinshin, Dec 6, 2018
  3. Misspelled admin/user name on computer

Good morning. I hope someone can help with this.

I need to fix my misspelled name on my administrator/user name on my computer. I have Windows 10 Pro; I do not have the option to 'rename' when i right click. Is there a way just to edit the user/admin name?

LeAnnTepoorten, Dec 6, 2018
  4. User in new computer is misspelled

How to correct misspelled name on Windows 10?

Hi,

Thanks for posting on Microsoft Community. We will assist you in resolving the issue.

From the above description, I understand you want to correct a misspelled user account name on Windows 10 PC.

Before assisting further, are you editing Microsoft user account name or Local user account name?

You will not be able to edit/rename Microsoft user account name on the computer. If you are using a Local user account, I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if the issue is resolved.

• Press Windows logo + X keys on the keyboard and select
      Control panel from the context menu.
    • From the top right corner of the window, click on View by
      and select Large icons.
    • From the window, click on User accounts and select
      Manage another account
    • From the window, select your user account (the one to edit/rename) and click on
      Change the account user name.
    • Type correct user name in the box and click on Apply and
      OK.
    • Close the window, lock the PC (press Windows logo + L keys on the keyboard) and check if the changes are effective.

The above changes made will reflect only on the Login/lock screen. To change the name of the user folder in
    C: drive, follow the steps below:

• Press Windows logo + E keys on the keyboard to open
      File Explorer
    • Click on This PC from the left side panel of the window and open
      C:
      drive.
    • Open Users folder and select the user folder with a misspelled user name.
    • Right click on the misspelled user name and select Rename option from the context menu to rename the folder.
    • Close the window and check if the changes are effective.

Write to us with the status of the issue on the same post for further assistance. Your reply is most important for us to ensure we assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

Likhitha V, Dec 6, 2018
Thema:

User in new computer is misspelled

1. User in new computer is misspelled - Similar Threads - User computer misspelled

2. New user, new computer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    New user, new computer: I have a new Win11 computer. My old one on Win10 uses OneDrive as a backup when I ask it to synch. It never asked me to pay for that, and the documents remain on the hard drive. The new one recognized me instantly and set up OneDrive as its document folder and subfolders. To...
  3. New user, new computer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    New user, new computer: I have a new Win11 computer. My old one on Win10 uses OneDrive as a backup when I ask it to synch. It never asked me to pay for that, and the documents remain on the hard drive. The new one recognized me instantly and set up OneDrive as its document folder and subfolders. To...
  4. user name is misspelled - OneDrive doesn't work

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    user name is misspelled - OneDrive doesn't work: hi,I have just reinstalled Windows 10 for the third time on this computer.every time it asks me to log in and so I log in with my Microsoft account *** Email address is removed for privacy *** it auto-magically misspells my name in the User list to 'chris'which I find...
  5. user name is misspelled - OneDrive doesn't work

in Windows 10 Gaming
    user name is misspelled - OneDrive doesn't work: hi,I have just reinstalled Windows 10 for the third time on this computer.every time it asks me to log in and so I log in with my Microsoft account *** Email address is removed for privacy *** it auto-magically misspells my name in the User list to 'chris'which I find...
  6. user name is misspelled - OneDrive doesn't work

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. misspelled user name

in Windows 10 Customization
    misspelled user name: My name is spelled incorrectly on the C Drive of my desktop andre rather than andrew. I have tried right-click but there is no rename option. I have just bought a laptop and the same thing has happened. Help!...
  8. User Folder misspelled/lacks a letter

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    User Folder misspelled/lacks a letter: User folder lacks a letter/misspelled Hi everyone, I recently did a clean install of windows 10 1909. Then, on the Setup screen I entered my Microsoft account which is linked to my Digital License of Windows 10. After the long setup, It finally showed me the desktop. I was...
  9. Misspelled admin/user name on computer

in Windows 10 Customization
    Misspelled admin/user name on computer: Good morning. I hope someone can help with this. I need to fix my misspelled name on my administrator/user name on my computer. I have Windows 10 Pro; I do not have the option to 'rename' when i right click. Is there a way just to edit the user/admin name?...
  10. The name of my User folder is misspelled.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    The name of my User folder is misspelled.: I recently had to get my hard drive replaced, and the computer repair guy misspelled my name on the User drive. It's not detrimental to anything, but it's really annoying. How do I change this? Or, how do I make a new account, and will I need to put all of my files and...