Windows 10: User login after boot

Discus and support User login after boot in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Running Win 10 Pro, 1909 level. This is a new PC and after getting all the kinks worked out, I'm left with one irritating thing. I have just one user... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Solo44, Jun 16, 2020.

1. Solo44 Win User

User login after boot

Running Win 10 Pro, 1909 level. This is a new PC and after getting all the kinks worked out, I'm left with one irritating thing. I have just one user ID on this system, and that's me, set up as the administrator. When I boot the system, in the lower left corner of the screen, there are two possible user IDs to select. They are both me - the info displayed is identical. If I try to log on using the ID presented in the middle of the screen, it rejects the log on because the password is not correct. If I then select the first user ID in the left corner of the screen and enter the same password that failed with the other ID, the log on completes just fine. I'd really like the second "phantom" ID to go away. Any ideas as to why that second ID occurrence is there, and can I delete it somehow? Thanks.

:)

Solo44, Jun 16, 2020
  2. marknyy Win User

Windows users at login

I cannot see all of my user accounts on the login screen on a new Windows 10 laptop. I have an account for my son and it does not appear as a user on the login screen. It is listed if I display the users with the CMD prompt. The only account I see is my
    account which is an admin. His account is a user. All the suggestions I've seen are not available on home edition.

marknyy, Jun 21, 2020
  3. Arun B J Win User
    Cannot Login with New User Account in Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue

• What exactly happens when you try to login with new user account?

• Are you getting any error message?

• Since when are you facing this issue?

I suggest you to Enable
    the built in Administrator account in Windows 10, and then try to create new user account and check if it helps.

I suggest you to refer the steps below and check if it helps

• Press Windows+ X, select
      Command Prompt
      , and then click Run as Administrator.

• When you are prompted by User Account Control, click Continue.

• At the command prompt, type net user administrator /active: yes, and then press Enter.

• Type net user administrator
      <Password>
      , and then press Enter.

Note In this command, <Password> represents the actual password that you want to set for the administrator account.

• Type exit, and then press Enter.

• Log off the current user account. And login and check whether your able to login to windows or not.

Hope this information is helpful. Please write back to us if you need any further assistance, we'll be glad to assist you.

Arun B J, Jun 21, 2020
  4. Kreij Win User

User login after boot

Current active users that are friends

The other reason I suggested this is that users can add characters to their username that are not alphanumeric (e.g. user*). This confuses things somewhat when looking at the list.

Kreij, Jun 21, 2020
Thema:

User login after boot

1. User login after boot - Similar Threads - User login boot

2. Boot Fail after Login

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Boot Fail after Login: I seem to have a boot problem that is a variation of the Black Screen with mouse cursor. The Lenovo boots to the desktop background with no icons, Taskbar appears with only minimal items. The mouse cursor is normal in the desktop area but changes to a a spinning circle when...
  3. Boot Fail after Login

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Boot Fail after Login: I seem to have a boot problem that is a variation of the Black Screen with mouse cursor. The Lenovo boots to the desktop background with no icons, Taskbar appears with only minimal items. The mouse cursor is normal in the desktop area but changes to a a spinning circle when...
  4. Boot Fail after Login

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Can't login after clean boot

Can't login after clean boot: I followed the steps here https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/topic/how-to-perform-a-clean-boot-in-windows-da2f9573-6eec-00ad-2f8a-a97a1807f3dd to clean boot, but I forgot to check Hide All Microsoft Services. Now when I get to the login screen I see "Something happened and...
  6. Windows 10 Not Booting After Login

Windows 10 Not Booting After Login: My Windows 10 laptop has the black screen with cursor problem after logging in.I've tried numerous fixes:-Rebooting-Safe Mode, except Task Manager and Start won't open.-Uninstalling various latest updates.-Microsoft System Restore.-Booting Windows from a USB.-Almost every...
  7. Not getting a login screen after boot

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Not getting a login screen after boot: As long as I can remember, my laptop doesn’t load the login screen after booting into windows. I don’t know why but to my knowldge it never has got it secondhand from someone else. I get the windows logo and the spinning circle and then its just a black screen. I dual boot...
  8. User login after boot

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    User login after boot: Running Win 10 Pro, 1909 level. This is a new PC and after getting all the kinks worked out, I'm left with one irritating thing. I have just one user ID on this system, and that's me, set up as the administrator. When I boot the system, in the lower left corner of the screen,...
  9. Login user

in Windows 10 Customization
    Login user: I logged in on a friends computer now my account is on his computer shows me. He wants his acct. to show up and to get rid of "Edge" as a browser. Please gig me a clue please. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/login-user/89556bab-4e7d-4981-9a40-0bb721f8b5d7
  10. Forcing Login Screen after boot

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Forcing Login Screen after boot: I just installed Windows 10 yesterday from Windows 8.1, and I honestly hate it this far. Whenever I (re-)boot the pc, Windows automatically logs me in to my desktop. A friend of mine has Win10 too, doesn't use a password for his account but does get the normal login...