Windows 10: User login vs. admin login.

Discus and support User login vs. admin login. in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; In some apps such as Hallmark, projects cards, etc. are seen in project lists when logged in as admin and can be modified, but not logged in as a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by DonEhrhardt, Jan 7, 2021.

1. User login vs. admin login.

In some apps such as Hallmark, projects cards, etc. are seen in project lists when logged in as admin and can be modified, but not logged in as a user. How can this be fixed? I would like to only have one login to be used for everything, including updates, mail, etc..

I do not see some mail when logged in as a user, but do so as admin.

also have a hotmail account that needs to be removed as it was never used or opened. Please help.

:)

DonEhrhardt, Jan 7, 2021
  2. marknyy Win User

Windows users at login

I cannot see all of my user accounts on the login screen on a new Windows 10 laptop. I have an account for my son and it does not appear as a user on the login screen. It is listed if I display the users with the CMD prompt. The only account I see is my
    account which is an admin. His account is a user. All the suggestions I've seen are not available on home edition.

marknyy, Jan 7, 2021
  3. ATIonion Win User
    login screens

goto CONTROL PANEL/ USER ACCOUNTS then you have to remove all the other accounts except for the one you logon with....then restart...it should bypass the login tho it will still show the screen for it...it will continue to load windows...good luck*Rockout :rockout:

edit:: it asks for a login when there are more then one accounts..or if you set a pw to your login name...

ATIonion, Jan 7, 2021
  4. P4-630 Win User

User login vs. admin login.

Website login

You could either use REALM authentication or just by a webpage form and a db which stores the users login credentials

When you use REALM you will have a protected directory on the server, with a login by a webpage you have to "password protect" your pages

P4-630, Jan 7, 2021
Thema:

User login vs. admin login.

1. User login vs. admin login. - Similar Threads - User login admin

2. Microsoft login vs. local login

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Microsoft login vs. local login: My Windows 10 Pro is accessed by me (administrator) using my Microsoft password. If I want to connect from another computer, I am asked for my password which I assume is a local one, which I do not have. Is there a way that I can keep using my Microsoft login yet have a local...
  3. Admin Login

in Windows 10 Customization
    Admin Login: Hi! I am using a Surface Pro with two users. The first one is a local Admin and the other a Standard User. I don't remember the Admin credentials and I'm not registered with a Microsoft Account. I tried to reset my device via Troubleshooting but it requires a Bitlocker key ID...
  4. Admin password not same as user login

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Admin password not same as user login: Having a bit of trouble. i have a 6TB HDD but my system is configured for BIOS rather than UEFI and as such the drive defaulted to MBR rather than GPT. I am trying to get all this converted so i can use all 6TB. I have tried a few different options which havent seemed to...
  5. Admin Login

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Admin Login: Hi, I'm really stuck and can do with some help. Basically I can log on to my computer not a problem and log on to my windows account but the problem lies with the admin. I am in desperate need of Adding, Modifying and Updating programs on my computer and it's asking for...
  6. Username: microsoft login vs local login

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Username: microsoft login vs local login: I have folders on my NAS that are mapped to drives on Win10. If I use my local username, I have no problem accessing the mapped drives. If I change my login to use my Microsoft account, the computer cannot access the mapped drives. I am presented with a Microsoft security...
  7. Admin login

in Windows 10 Customization
    Admin login: Hi everyone! I need to install an app for my job so I can work from home and it's asking me to approve a change as an admin on my personal computer. Per my account info on the settings my admin email is my outlook email but the app is not accepting that login with the...
  8. Admin login in

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Admin login in: Why I cannot login as administrator? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/admin-login-in/fc24b8d4-44c7-4b1b-bb6b-235633a4f260
  9. admin login

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    admin login: i changed my user preference from admin to standard user. now i am unable to log in using admin id and password .Any one have soln to this issue. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/admin-login/3ae74438-8c46-49f6-90ac-b6d1cded4ae3
  10. Admin login

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Admin login: Hi Experts I am using Windows 10 I am a normal user and i am not able to install any software on my laptop. When i try to install any software i get prompt to enter administrator password. i dont remember the password for the administrator account. is there any tool or...