Windows 10: User lost Files after a sudden windows 10 restart

Discus and support User lost Files after a sudden windows 10 restart in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; hello, The user told me he was working on something and then his laptop suddenly restarted and then it took a while to turn it back on... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Konbufanda, Sep 16, 2020 at 9:42 AM.

1. User lost Files after a sudden windows 10 restart

hello,

The user told me he was working on something and then his laptop suddenly restarted and then it took a while to turn it back on because he got a blank screen. After several tries he was able to turn it on and windows ask to backup and he did, and never to a external drive, anyway. the real problem all his files are missing. every folder is empty even the folders created on the desktop. I tried windows recovery and other third party recovery tools and nothing. any suggestions. thanks in advance. this a Dell XPS 15 7590.

:)

2. MohanC Win User

windows 10 deleted my desktop files

Step 1 - I upgraded to Win 10 and lost all my files on Desktop.

Step 2 - Found the files in Network - USers- Desktop

copied all files again to desktop.

Step 3- Restarted my machine again and lost desktop files again.

Step 4 - As suggested did the following as listed below but dont find my files.

• Press “Windows + E”, open This PC/Computer
    • Open Local Disc C, open Windows.old
    • Click on Users, select your User name
    • Go to desktop folder
    Cant find my files. Why is Win 10 deleted files again and again from Desktop ?.

3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

4. User lost Files after a sudden windows 10 restart

Windows 10 download speed issues

Try this method:
    • First of all from Start Menu, open Settings (Type settings in the search bar and it will appear).
    • locate and select “Update and Security“.
    • in this window, Locate “Advanced Options”. Click on it.
    • In Advanced Options; Click on “Choose How Updates are Delivered“.
    • Turn off Updates from more than one place.
    Your system will not work as a seeder for other Windows 10 users. It will give sudden boast to your Slow internet speed.

lorraine walsh, Sep 16, 2020 at 9:46 AM
Thema:

User lost Files after a sudden windows 10 restart

1. User lost Files after a sudden windows 10 restart - Similar Threads - User lost Files

2. Lost users in Windows 10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Lost users in Windows 10: Hi, I have a very big problem with my windows 10. It seems that I have lost all my windows 10 users. I've tried to promote any user to administrator but i can't do this because any of them exists now.yo I've tried to fix the problem with some alternatives trying to read...
  3. Sudden Restart

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Sudden Restart: Hello, When I started my computer up for the first time today, I immediately launched my browser Mozilla Firefox as I do every day. Shortly after the browser window opened, my screen went black and my computer automatically restarted. This has never happened to me before, but...
  4. lost user after update

in Windows 10 Customization
    lost user after update: I updated windows which had not been done recently and my desktops disappeared. The data is in the User directory but the desktop has disappeared for the user. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/lost-user-after-update/88ba9c3f-bf77-4dd9-9c14-374ce51965e1
  5. Windows suddenly goes wonky after restart!

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows suddenly goes wonky after restart!: I have an MSI GL63 8RE laptop using Wingows 10 Home ver. 1903 installed on a 128 GB SSD, which was working fine until yesterday, but this morning suddenly it's become really glitchy. For example, a lot of my apps won't open up at all, only a few games/apps not installed on...
  6. Sudden Windows 10 Activation Lost

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Sudden Windows 10 Activation Lost: I have been using windows 10 since it got upgraded from windows 8.1 4 years or so ago and as of several days ago windows has suddenly started saying I needed to activate my windows version. I obviously don't still have the activation key since it is several years old. when...
  7. Files lost upon PC Restart

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Files lost upon PC Restart: Hello, I had a similar question to this person right here. In summary, everything was fine, until, when I accidentally double-clicked a video on YouTube, activated its full-screen function, which made the entire screen bug out and forced me to restart it. I tried pressing...
  8. Sudden restarts after upgrading memory

in Windows 10 Support
    Sudden restarts after upgrading memory: Hi More than a month ago I upgraded my memory to 16GB from 8GB (added one stick). Since then it was working much faster and everything seemed to be ok but I experienced 3 sudden restarts of the Windows (the last one was last night, at 3am when I was asleep). I made...
  9. Lost user ID after windows 10 upgrade

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Lost user ID after windows 10 upgrade: Hello all, first post here! OK I did my windows 10 upgrade now on three machines. two of the machines were single user windows 8.1 prior to upgrade, but one was a Windows 7 Pro machine. I ran the upgrade, but lost my kids user id log on. I had a user id for them set up as...
  10. Windows 10 User files lost after attempting to repair automatic repair

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 User files lost after attempting to repair automatic repair: Hello there So, two days ago I got stuck in an automatic repair loop after trying to enable an old soundcard connected trhough usb in my DAW software. I tried everything there is about fixing it (because reinstalling all the programs I got in that drive is a nightmare)...