Windows 10: User lost Files after a sudden windows 10 restart

Discus and support User lost Files after a sudden windows 10 restart in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; hello, The user told me he was working on something and then his laptop suddenly restarted and then it took a while to turn it back on... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Konbufanda, Sep 16, 2020.

1. User lost Files after a sudden windows 10 restart

hello,

The user told me he was working on something and then his laptop suddenly restarted and then it took a while to turn it back on because he got a blank screen. After several tries he was able to turn it on and windows ask to backup and he did, and never to a external drive, anyway. the real problem all his files are missing. every folder is empty even the folders created on the desktop. I tried windows recovery and other third party recovery tools and nothing. any suggestions. thanks in advance. this a Dell XPS 15 7590.

:)

Konbufanda, Sep 16, 2020
  2. MohanC Win User

windows 10 deleted my desktop files

Step 1 - I upgraded to Win 10 and lost all my files on Desktop.

Step 2 - Found the files in Network - USers- Desktop

copied all files again to desktop.

Step 3- Restarted my machine again and lost desktop files again.

Step 4 - As suggested did the following as listed below but dont find my files.

• Press “Windows + E”, open This PC/Computer
    • Open Local Disc C, open Windows.old
    • Click on Users, select your User name
    • Go to desktop folder
    Cant find my files. Why is Win 10 deleted files again and again from Desktop ?.

MohanC, Sep 16, 2020
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Sep 16, 2020
  4. User lost Files after a sudden windows 10 restart

Windows 10 download speed issues

Try this method:
    • First of all from Start Menu, open Settings (Type settings in the search bar and it will appear).
    • locate and select “Update and Security“.
    • in this window, Locate “Advanced Options”. Click on it.
    • In Advanced Options; Click on “Choose How Updates are Delivered“.
    • Turn off Updates from more than one place.
    Your system will not work as a seeder for other Windows 10 users. It will give sudden boast to your Slow internet speed.

lorraine walsh, Sep 16, 2020
Thema:

User lost Files after a sudden windows 10 restart

1. User lost Files after a sudden windows 10 restart - Similar Threads - User lost Files

2. Lost all my programs and user files on Windows 10 Pro after computer restarted and I fixed...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Lost all my programs and user files on Windows 10 Pro after computer restarted and I fixed...: My laptop motherboard failed, I used a new laptop to mount the old HDD drive with Win 10 Pro OS partition and boot from it. It worked and I got into Windows however ALL my previously installed programs were gone and all my user profile files were missing Documents, Downloads,...
  3. Lost all my programs and user files on Windows 10 Pro after computer restarted and I fixed...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Lost all my programs and user files on Windows 10 Pro after computer restarted and I fixed...: My laptop motherboard failed, I used a new laptop to mount the old HDD drive with Win 10 Pro OS partition and boot from it. It worked and I got into Windows however ALL my previously installed programs were gone and all my user profile files were missing Documents, Downloads,...
  4. Lost all my programs and user files on Windows 10 Pro after computer restarted and I fixed...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Lost my files after restart

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Lost my files after restart: I am using win10 32bit for my office purpose and i encouerted the fw error recovery and changed the sata cable it worked well and i lost all the desktop files after some time I found them in users folder in c drive and copied all the files to desktop and after restart my pc I...
  6. Lost my files after restart

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Lost my files after restart: I am using win10 32bit for my office purpose and i encouerted the fw error recovery and changed the sata cable it worked well and i lost all the desktop files after some time I found them in users folder in c drive and copied all the files to desktop and after restart my pc I...
  7. Lost my files after restart

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  8. User settings are lost after restart or system update

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    User settings are lost after restart or system update: We have two account subscribers on a Laptop Dell Inspiron 7591 2 in 1. My wife has a family member subscription with myself the administrator. The system recently went through an automatic update. My wife's account settings, functional apps and email account were gone....
  9. I lost my personal files after restarting windows 10 computer

I lost my personal files after restarting windows 10 computer: Hi, I have upgraded my os from 7 to 10 about 4 days ago, and everything working good and my personal files are still available as i chose to keep them when installing win10. i moved my personal files from old.windows folder to desktop 2 days ago, i restarted my...
  10. I lost my personal files after restarting windows 10 computer

I lost my personal files after restarting windows 10 computer: Hi, before 4 days, i upgraded the windows from 7 to 10, and i didn't lose any of my personal files and everything works fine while using windows 10. i have windows 10, my personal filesafter replacing them from windows old folder to desktop was available till i restared...