Windows 10: User migrated. Temp account upon sign in. Where is my OG user account?

Discus and support User migrated. Temp account upon sign in. Where is my OG user account? in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; Good day. I switched on my laptop. Signed in. As usual. Everything seemed fine. Except. Nothing was there. All my folders or files. Account is a... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by CarynM, Sep 16, 2020.

1. CarynM Win User

User migrated. Temp account upon sign in. Where is my OG user account?

Good day.

I switched on my laptop. Signed in. As usual. Everything seemed fine. Except. Nothing was there. All my folders or files.

Account is a temp.

I made a new account and set as administrator.

I deleted the temp.

Signed out. Signed in. Nothing.

Google. Panic. Frustration. Exhaustion.

1. Did sfc scan. Dism scan. Cbs log file was corrupt. Deleted it. Is it okay to even delete a cbs log file?. I didn't empty my recycle bin. I did a scan of my recycle bin and it appeared clean? Can I just restore the cbs log file? Or does it regenerate like some others? Please advise.

Anyways.

Clean scans. Regedit. I can see my og user. Ends in 1001.bak And has a duplicate. Delted tbe duplicate. The right panel says the og user is migrated? What does that mean? Opened it. It has a code. Searched for it on my search bar. Nothing.

Current user. Also has duplicate. Also dented the duplicate. So I see 2 different users. My original user. And my current user.

I made og user state 0.

I also made of user profile image path the same as my current user.

I restarted my laptop so many times. Nothing.

I go to disk. User folder. OG user is there. Current user is there.

2. Is there anyway I will ever access my OG user and the account I had associated with it - ever again?

Or will I have to copy the og user folders to current user. And if so. Can I drag the OG user folder directly and drop onto current user file. To merge them? Or do i need to do it one subfolder at a time?

3. If so. Are there any hidden files or folders i should access?

4. Then do I delete my OG User? Or will it just stay there? Never knowing what happened to it?

5. If I have to copy and paste. Does this at all affect any data?

Will there be any data associated to my og User? Since the disk is local - does that mean that, essentially, any user can access another user's accounts and data? If so... what if I miss something?

Please advice. Please assist. I don't know what to do anymore. I can see my OG user is here. I just don't know how to get to her...

Thank you in advance.

:)

CarynM, Sep 16, 2020
  2. kenkickr Win User

Deleting User Accounts

If you can access the admin account through safe mode then all you have to do to remove the other account passwords is go into User Accounts in the control panel and either delete the accounts or, I'm not sure, remove the account passwords.

kenkickr, Sep 16, 2020
  3. sign in a user admin Microsoft account

Hello,

When you add an account on your PC in Windows, it will be a standard user account by default. As an initial troubleshooting step, we need to make sure if the changes you made is applied. Here's how to
    determine Account Type of users in User Accounts:

Note: You must be signed in as an administrator to be able do this option. You can use the same account you use to changed the account type of the other user account.

1. Open the Control Panel (icons view), and click/tap on the User Accounts icon.
    2. Click/tap on the Manage another account link.
    3. Look under the user name in each box with the user's account picture.
    • If you see Administrator under the user name, then the account is an administrator.
    • If you don't see Administrator under the user name, then the account is a standard user.

Let me know how it goes.

Melowin Mar, Sep 16, 2020
  4. User migrated. Temp account upon sign in. Where is my OG user account?

User accounts

Hi,

Welcome to Microsoft Community and thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

In order to help you better, could you please confirm a couple of things:

• How have you upgraded to Windows 10?
    • Are you able to find the other users in accounts option?
    To test the issue I suggest you to create a new user account and restart the computer and check whether you can find other new user account.

I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

• Go to Settings.
    • Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    • Select add someone else on this PC.
    • Enter a user name and hit next.
    • Click on Finish.
    • Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Sep 16, 2020
Thema:

User migrated. Temp account upon sign in. Where is my OG user account?

1. User migrated. Temp account upon sign in. Where is my OG user account? - Similar Threads - User migrated Temp

2. Signing In with a child user account

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Signing In with a child user account: Hello! I Tried to Sign-in with a child account. But i can't.. It says ''You need an Internet Connection For This''. But I can Sign-In with the administrator Account, WITHOUT Internet Connection....
  3. Can not sign-in to user account

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Can not sign-in to user account: I have recently upgraded my Windows 10 desktop from version 1709 to 1909 using the Microsoft Update Assistant. Once the update completed I am no longer able to sign into windows to access the main desktop screen. The account previously did have a password, however, there is...
  4. User migrated. Temp account upon sign in. Where is my OG user account?

in Windows 10 Support
    User migrated. Temp account upon sign in. Where is my OG user account?: Good day. I switched on my laptop. Signed in. As usual. Everything seemed fine. Except. Nothing was there. All my folders or files. Account is a temp. I made a new account and set as administrator. I deleted the temp. Signed out. Signed in. Nothing. Google. Panic....
  5. Windows Update Signs Admin Account in as Temp User

Windows Update Signs Admin Account in as Temp User: Windows updated last night without my knowledge. Come back to a blank desktop and no files, or so it appeared. When signing in with the only account created on the computer, all settings are gone, accounts are signed out, and all files from desktop, downloads, documents, etc....
  6. TEMP User account is now default. Need to restore my user account

TEMP User account is now default. Need to restore my user account: After Updating automatically, my PC is showing the TEMP User, not my user account. I can't get to my user account. Help! Files are all on my PC, but I can't access them in the TEMP User mode. How do I restore my settings to my own User account? Thank you in advance....
  7. User profile migration – migrate user accounts - UPDATE

in Windows 10 Customization
    User profile migration – migrate user accounts - UPDATE: Summary: Originally The below post was posted by Johan Ole Svensson as the result of an internal Survey on his part. Sadly he made the mistake to just point to the excellent answer over at "Experts Exchange" but "Experts Exchange" have shut down access for users without a...
  8. Sign in option is not there in user accounts

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Sign in option is not there in user accounts: Hi I want to sign in using fingerprint into windows.But I cant find the sign in option.Is there any other way to fix this?? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-security/sign-in-option-is-not-there-in-user-accounts/8f610f11-3bfe-4c4e-9d38-f9985de1d75e"
  9. user accounts & signing in.

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    user accounts & signing in.: Belarc shows the following users on my refurbished Win10 desktop. [img] What is the defaultuser0 dated 1/22/2017 in the local user accounts section? --- That’s the date I turned on the computer for the first time. --- Where is it in my computer? Can I use it for...
  10. User Account not signing in

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    User Account not signing in: I have two user accounts on my PC. One local(password protected) and the other Outlook account(admin). Recently i am not able to sign-in to my local account, when i enter the user password, the welcome screen appears and after that signing-out screen appears and takes me...