Windows 10: User Missing on new computer

Discus and support User Missing on new computer in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I am missing a User that was on my old computer... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by KathyHodgkins, Sep 23, 2020.

1. User Missing on new computer

I am missing a User that was on my old computer

:)

KathyHodgkins, Sep 23, 2020

2. User Account Missing after upgrading to Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

User account not available issue may occur when your lost User account is not a part of any group. Therefore, I would suggest you follow the given steps and see if it helps:

• On the Search bar type “cmd” and
      click ctrl + shift + Enter
      to open the Elevated Command Prompt.
    • Type the following command: net localgroup “Administrators” [Computer Name]\[Missing User] /add
    Regarding Kaspersky not compatible, Since we do not deal with third party applications I would suggest contact the third party application manufacturer about the issue.

Hope this helps. Please respond if you have further related queries.

Regards,

Jesinta Rozario, Sep 23, 2020
  3. Sher Amo Win User
    Computer Not Working

Hi,

Failure to access the Start menu and missing icons can be caused by a corrupted user profile. To isolate your concern, we suggest that you perform the following steps to trigger
    Safe Mode through the Windows Recovery Environment (WinRE) option and create a new user account. To do this, follow the steps below:

• Improper shutdown process
      • Turn on your computer. When the Windows logo is visible, unplug the power source of your computer. Perform this step three times.
      • On the fourth time that you turn on your computer, just simply wait for the
        Windows Recovery Environment (WinRE) window to appear.
    • On the Choose an option screen, select Troubleshoot > Advanced options > Startup Settings and click
      Restart.
    • Once your computer restarts, you will see a list of options. Press the
      F4
      key to start your computer in Safe Mode.

Once you were able to access Safe Mode, we suggest that you follow the steps provided on this
    link on how to create a local user or administrator
    account in Windows 10. By doing this, we may identify if this is an account related issue. The link also contains all the necessary information including the step on how to set up a new account in Windows 10.

Give us an update with the outcome.

Sher Amo, Sep 23, 2020
  4. Kreij Win User

User Missing on new computer

Current active users that are friends

The other reason I suggested this is that users can add characters to their username that are not alphanumeric (e.g. user*). This confuses things somewhat when looking at the list.

Kreij, Sep 23, 2020
Thema:

User Missing on new computer

1. User Missing on new computer - Similar Threads - User Missing computer

2. New user, new computer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    New user, new computer: I have a new Win11 computer. My old one on Win10 uses OneDrive as a backup when I ask it to synch. It never asked me to pay for that, and the documents remain on the hard drive. The new one recognized me instantly and set up OneDrive as its document folder and subfolders. To...
  3. New user, new computer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    New user, new computer: I have a new Win11 computer. My old one on Win10 uses OneDrive as a backup when I ask it to synch. It never asked me to pay for that, and the documents remain on the hard drive. The new one recognized me instantly and set up OneDrive as its document folder and subfolders. To...
  4. New user, old computer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    New user, old computer: I just upgraded an existing hp pavilion laptop to windows 11 in preparation to handing it over to a new employee. how do I remove the old employee into lock screen and MS account?...
  5. New user, old computer

New user, old computer: I just upgraded an existing hp pavilion laptop to windows 11 in preparation to handing it over to a new employee. how do I remove the old employee into lock screen and MS account?...
  6. User is only user on computer, yet still missing permissions

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    User is only user on computer, yet still missing permissions: Full context here: I got this computer from my stepbrother. Long story short it was his, and now he gave it to me. It had his user account on it. I logged into that, then added my own account, gave that account administrator, and deleted/removed everything related to my...
  7. User is only user on computer, yet still missing permissions

in Windows 10 Gaming
    User is only user on computer, yet still missing permissions: Full context here: I got this computer from my stepbrother. Long story short it was his, and now he gave it to me. It had his user account on it. I logged into that, then added my own account, gave that account administrator, and deleted/removed everything related to my...
  8. User is only user on computer, yet still missing permissions

9. there are two Users or User accounts or something on this new computer with the new OS

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    there are two Users or User accounts or something on this new computer with the new OS: On a previous computer running Windows 7 my husband and I were two Users. However, he always used mine - because that was what was open, or on the opening/startup page he usually clicked on my icon. We had Windows 10 installed on a new PC, and had the content transferred...
  10. User in new computer is misspelled

in Windows 10 Customization
    User in new computer is misspelled: Hello Microsoft , I recently bought a new computer with windows 10, I opened a user by syncing it with my microsoft account, as a result my user name was misspelled for no apparent reason. I proceeded to try various solutions such as changing the directory name, deleting...